Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Tunning Emu

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Sell the EMU and go Nistune?
As I mentioned earlier in the thread if your not tunning yourself prepare to drop dough to have it tuned in a shop. I was quoted 1200 from a shop that tunes Nistuned ECUs. Your talking over 1500 for the Nistune ECU and having it tuned in a shop.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:30 AM
Black Lion

Max Streets, How did you make out with your problem? Im also using version 2.30 and running windows 7. I have the update version 2.20 which Im assuming the update will automatically apply once the EMU is read by the computer via USB port but my computer wont even read the USB when its connected to the EMU. Im getting the LED on the EMU with the key in the on position so I know the EMU is powering.

I found my computer telling me there is no "driver installed for USB EMU" so for some reason my computer wont read the EMU when connected via USB. Not sure if its a compatibility issue with windows 7 or not. I searched and read I have to be using windows XP but also read people used windows 7 just fine. Im gonna call Greddy later today they are on the West coast.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:14 PM

Sell the EMU and go Nistune?
the only thing is i dont know if the emu is good.trust me its been on my mind to sell,at least i know the harness is good.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by maxprivate
Max Streets, How did you make out with your problem? Im also using version 2.30 and running windows 7. I have the update version 2.20 which Im assuming the update will automatically apply once the EMU is read by the computer via USB port but my computer wont even read the USB when its connected to the EMU. Im getting the LED on the EMU with the key in the on position so I know the EMU is powering.

I found my computer telling me there is no "driver installed for USB EMU" so for some reason my computer wont read the EMU when connected via USB. Not sure if its a compatibility issue with windows 7 or not. I searched and read I have to be using windows XP but also read people used windows 7 just fine. Im gonna call Greddy later today they are on the West coast.
go in ur widos program files look for trust and then u will see the folder driver its in thier.

as far as tuning it im not myself and i got somebody way cheaper than that and he is pretty good guy not cocky like some other shops that charge in the range u are talking.this guy came out to me like 3 or 4 times just check it out and see if everything is working poperly and all i gave him was 50 bucks in total.he will tune u for about 450 to 500.I went to him to see if the emu would at least let me tune and of course it didnt work,and when i got thier there was a 370z getting tuned with a gtm package it comes with a tune and it was running rich and he mangage to fix that and get an extra 35hp.
http://www.apituning.com/

Last edited by Max streets; 10-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Got Retrofit?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread if your not tunning yourself prepare to drop dough to have it tuned in a shop.
Have you seen his build thread? Money ain't no thang lol

Originally Posted by Max streets
the only thing is i dont know if the emu is good.trust me its been on my mind to sell,at least i know the harness is good.
Is there any way to check to see if the EMU is the problem? Where did you get it from?
Old 10-16-2013, 03:27 AM
Black Lion

go in ur widos program files look for trust and then u will see the folder driver its in thier.

as far as tuning it im not myself and i got somebody way cheaper than that and he is pretty good guy not cocky like some other shops that charge in the range u are talking.this guy came out to me like 3 or 4 times just check it out and see if everything is working poperly and all i gave him was 50 bucks in total.he will tune u for about 450 to 500.I went to him to see if the emu would at least let me tune and of course it didnt work,and when i got thier there was a 370z getting tuned with a gtm package it comes with a tune and it was running rich and he mangage to fix that and get an extra 35hp.
http://www.apituning.com/
Thanks for the link, I will give them a call for a quote.

I was able to fix my problem with the EMU not connecting. The problem was simply I needed windows XP as soon as I used XP I downloaded Support tool version 2.30 and installed the driver manually like the instructions say and it works beautifully. The update applied automatically just like the write up says. So I fired the car up for the first time and man is the V1 loud.. the Vortech BOV lets off a @hit load of air at idle and sounds incredible.

Didnt get a chance to play with the tunning but I will set up the auto tune tonight.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:27 AM

i got mines from ebay and it wasn't a dealer a regular person.
maxprivate are u seeing any rpm reading.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Black Lion

I havent done any real time tunning yet.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Have you seen his build thread? Money ain't no thang lol
Who are you talking about?

Thanks for the link, I will give them a call for a quote.

I was able to fix my problem with the EMU not connecting. The problem was simply I needed windows XP as soon as I used XP I downloaded Support tool version 2.30 and installed the driver manually like the instructions say and it works beautifully. The update applied automatically just like the write up says.
Yup, Windows 7 is no good. XP or bust.

So I fired the car up for the first time and man is the V1 loud.. the Vortech BOV lets off a @hit load of air at idle and sounds incredible.
I told you
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Black Lion

Yes I am reading rpm just fine on the logger map. Maybe you wired something wrong? make sure all your grounds are all going to the same place as per the write up.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

Yup, Windows 7 is no good. XP or bust.

I told you
Thing is definitely loud I can see why people prefer a V2 but Im happy with it.

Yea XP for sure.. Car idles funny and rpms cuts off around 4500 rpm like there is a rev limiter, I was seeing 15 to 17s on the wideband I guess to lean.. Im gonna to cruise around lightly till I get it Dyno tuned. Also my MEVI isnt opening, have to find out why. I wired it just like the diagram you provided. Using the Summit RPM switch with black top solenoid and relay. Maybe its something with the RPM switch.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by The Wizard
The OP.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:49 PM

Ok i finally got it to comunicate right, only thing is cant get the ajustments maps to trace Wat my car is doing, i can see on the data log tho.
Need some more info my car runs rich at Wot low 11s to 10
Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Black Lion

Ok i finally got it to comunicate right, only thing is cant get the ajustments maps to trace Wat my car is doing, i can see on the data log tho.
Rather rich than lean until you get tunned... Im having a lean problem.. at idle Uego reads 17s I made some parameter changes to A/F type and settings hopefully it will fix it. Car is almost undriveable. My Uego is also working correctly but for some reason with the car off it reads 18 on the logger, I was guessing it should be zero with the car off. But when I start it up and rev it up the correct reading match on Uego and EMU..

I'm also getting a crankshaft position CEL as well as the ignition CEL O201So much for not needing the 6 resistors with the newer EMU updates. I would advise anyone doing EMU to just add the resistors to precent the ignition CEL. I have no idea why I have a crankshaft position CEL.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:41 AM

Rather rich than lean until you get tunned... Im having a lean problem.. at idle Uego reads 17s I made some parameter changes to A/F type and settings hopefully it will fix it. Car is almost undriveable. My Uego is also working correctly but for some reason with the car off it reads 18 on the logger, I was guessing it should be zero with the car off. But when I start it up and rev it up the correct reading match on Uego and EMU..

I'm also getting a crankshaft position CEL as well as the ignition CEL O201So much for not needing the 6 resistors with the newer EMU updates. I would advise anyone doing EMU to just add the resistors to precent the ignition CEL. I have no idea why I have a crankshaft position CEL.
i didnt wire up the resistors and i have no codes.

i wanna auto tune do u need wideband for this.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Black Lion

Old 10-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Black Lion

i didnt wire up the resistors and i have no codes.

i wanna auto tune do u need wideband for this.
Yes you need a wideband. I would go with the Innovative MTXL I think that's model number. I mean Uego works but its nice to have a selectable option for the innovative on the EMU.

Maybe you have a newer EMU than I? Don't know.. I triple checked my wiring its all correct.. So I'll just add the resistors and see if ignition CEL goes away.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:44 AM

Jerry said that the resistors are for the High indepence injectors Thats why i didnt touch that.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:46 AM

?how do i connect the wideband to the emu,i know u can get a af harness,but can i just connect my uego to a anlog input cause i connected the white wire to a anolog input and im not getting anything.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Black Lion

?how do i connect the wideband to the emu,i know u can get a af harness,but can i just connect my uego to a anlog input cause i connected the white wire to a anolog input and im not getting anything.
INPUT meaning it needs a 5v source input I believe that input on the emu is for 1v and you have to change the settings... the Uego provides the 5v output, that would go the 5v input of emu af harness. I used the Greddy AF harness, I got mine from Amazon. Its only 2 wires on the AF harness. Check your pm

Last edited by maxprivate; 10-23-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57 PM

gotcha thanks
Old 10-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Black Lion

gotcha thanks
no problem.. I have to trick the ECU into turning my fans on earlier also.. water temp is getting to hot before the fans come on.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM

U should threw in a mishimoto thermostat its only 50 bucks before the sc install.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Black Lion

U should threw in a mishimoto thermostat its only 50 bucks before the sc install.
I have a brand new tstat from the V1 starter kit.

Can you post a pic of your I/J map? I curious to see what your numbers are on the map. My car runs like crap and I think It has to do with the I/J map but I never put any numbers in that map. The map already had numbers configured in it. So if you can please post a pic of your map I would really appreciate it.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:53 AM

Name:  IMAG0111_zpsd2e76096.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  72.5 KB
I had to take the emu off it just keeps going lean for no reason and car shuts off at idle and at driving it and that's while running in low rpm.and at wot way to rich and it still shuts off.I'm waiting for jerry to put it back on,hopefully tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Black Lion

I had to take the emu off it just keeps going lean for no reason and car shuts off at idle and at driving it and that's while running in low rpm.and at wot way to rich and it still shuts off.I'm waiting for jerry to put it back on,hopefully tomorrow.
Hmm those figures on the map, you entered them yourself?

Im having the same exact problem, the car was undrivable and doing exactly as you described. I was in stop and go traffic today in Queens and the car went to 10 on the Wideband and kept shutting off. I had to pull over and disconnect the Emanage and run on stock ECU, it runs better but still lean and shut off only once on me on my way home. I made it back home thank God. Car is not being moved till this coming Saturday my tunning date.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Lol no I did not put those numbers in I don't think it should be running lean tho when ur off boost.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:46 PM

it was still running like that with the autotune on?

try disconnecting your primary O2 sensors, that forces your ECU into open loop and prevents the ECU trying to compensate and adjust, potentially causing all these troubles
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by McSteve
it was still running like that with the autotune on?

try disconnecting your primary O2 sensors, that forces your ECU into open loop and prevents the ECU trying to compensate and adjust, potentially causing all these troubles
No autotune yet still. Need to get the af harness.?if i disconnect the 02 sensor would I still get the code cel.or the emange will take care of that.

Last edited by Max streets; 10-29-2013 at 12:45 AM.