Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Need a fast reply, about Kumho ECSTA KH1

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 01:01 PM

Need a fast reply, about Kumho ECSTA KH1

I just ordered a set of Kumho ECSTA KH1, but the dude from tirerack called me to inform that the tire is summer only tire. How bad is Kumho ECSTA KH1 during the winter. Should i still get it? Is it better then craptanzas?
Old 10-27-2003, 01:12 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by Neeferea
I just ordered a set of Kumho ECSTA KH1, but the dude from tirerack called me to inform that the tire is summer only tire. How bad is Kumho ECSTA KH1 during the winter. Should i still get it? Is it better then craptanzas?
im not sure about their traction rating but all it means is that the traction will be sacrificed when the tire is cold and its cold outside. when the tire builds heat it will handle better but it being cold outside will still hold them back a little. i certainly wouldnt use it as a snow tire but im sure its better than the potenzas in the rain. i personally never had a complaint about the potenzas when it was dry, only in the rain.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:15 PM

Kuhmos blow in the winter. Get the Michelin A/S
Old 10-27-2003, 02:26 PM

I have then on my ride. It poured all day today and under any moderate exceleration they slipped, get something else.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Got Projectors?

Hmm...I have them on my car and I love them. I actually tried to get them to spin in the pouring rain and kinda found it difficult to do so... I've found em to be much better than the stock Potenzas in any case.

Can't comment on the cold performance though - I got em this summer and it's still pretty warm (thank southeast!).
Old 10-27-2003, 04:27 PM

Are you gonna use them for winter?
Old 10-27-2003, 04:31 PM

And again my question is, how is it going to be in winter?
Old 10-27-2003, 05:29 PM
Got Projectors?

And again my question is, how is it going to be in winter?

Well, I do plan to use them in winter. But you also have to understand, winter here is kind of a joke. We might get snow, maybe once or twice if we're really lucky, and each of those would never amount to maybe 1-3 inches. Also figure, that when it actually does snow here, everything shuts down and no one goes anywhere.

The south is such a joke when it comes to snow.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:32 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Well, I do plan to use them in winter. But you also have to understand, winter here is kind of a joke. We might get snow, maybe once or twice if we're really lucky, and each of those would never amount to maybe 1-3 inches. Also figure, that when it actually does snow here, everything shuts down and no one goes anywhere.

The south is such a joke when it comes to snow.
that sounds just like charlotte, nc. if it does snow, you dont want to go out. people around here cannot drive in the rain, its down right scary when it even flurries.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Got Projectors?

Originally Posted by sloppymax
that sounds just like charlotte, nc. if it does snow, you dont want to go out. people around here cannot drive in the rain, its down right scary when it even flurries.
Haha yeah... It's crazy. People can't drive in the rain; I wouldn't even take my car out of the garage the one time it snowed last year - there were like 6 hour traffic jams on the interstates and police stopped responding to non-injury accidents - no way I'm going to be around crazy people like that.

It's so different though. When I lived in NE Indiana there could be 3 ft of snow on the ground and people would go about their lives (and people could still drive) like normal. It really is a contrast.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:01 PM

So. Should i get the tires or should i not, I am from IL. I know that the tires are great, if they do as good as potenzas in the winter i will be happy?
Old 10-27-2003, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cutlr7
Kuhmos blow in the winter. Get the Michelin A/S
cannot pay for them...:-(
Old 10-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

So. Should i get the tires or should i not, I am from IL. I know that the tires are great, if they do as good as potenzas in the winter i will be happy?
If these tires are summer only tires, I would NOT try to use them in the snow as you could be playing with your life. I spoke to a tire expert recently and he (and other people) said that once it dips below 10 degrees celsius, summer tires, in general, get a lot harder and slick.

Either get all-seasons and take it easy in the winter, or (best solution) find a cheap set of used wheels or steelies and buy a cheap set of winter tires for them. Then you can have better performance in any season.

BTW, don't you mean KH11 tires?
Old 10-27-2003, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bman
If these tires are summer only tires, I would NOT try to use them in the snow as you could be playing with your life. I spoke to a tire expert recently and he (and other people) said that once it dips below 10 degrees celsius, summer tires, in general, get a lot harder and slick.

Either get all-seasons and take it easy in the winter, or (best solution) find a cheap set of used wheels or steelies and buy a cheap set of winter tires for them. Then you can have better performance in any season.

BTW, don't you mean KH11 tires?
Yes i meant KH11. So are there any tires that i can buy under 100$?
Old 10-28-2003, 09:01 AM

have u checked out kumho 716 hp4..they're all-season performance tires..check out the feedback section on tirerack.com or epinions.com..Lots of positive feedback on these tires