Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

52PSi from BRIDGESTONE SERVICE CENTER???

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

52PSi from BRIDGESTONE SERVICE CENTER???

I just got 4 new tires installed and balanced from bridgestone. While I was breaking it in, I noticed it wasn't running right. I decided to check the tire pressure before going home. To my surprise, all tires had 52 PSI on it. I was so mad that when I called the customer service I was breathing pretty hard and refraining from saying certain words, partly I guess its the holiday. Anyway, I told the guy why the heck it was 52 PSI, my tire even says max pressure is 50 psi. Needless to say, the guy agreed it was the wrong pressure and he was going to take care of it. From the way he sounded I wasn't really sure. So, I emailed bridgestone main company and filed my complaint. The next day, I recieved a letter of apology and was told they called the service center and sent them my email. Finally, I was little relieved and found some closure. I just don't know how many people out there are driving with overpressurized tires. So, lesson learned that no matter where you go, make sure you double check everything that was done to your car right there on the spot. Lucky me, nobody got hurt.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:29 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Some dumb tech probably aired the tires up that high while he was seating the tire beads, and then forgot to check the pressure/let it out.