Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Does anyone have this TIRE? *Pic*

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:19 PM

Does anyone have this TIRE? *Pic*

Does anyone have this BFG G-Force KDW tire on their max with stock wheels? My tires are almost done, and i need a new set for the summer. Any 5th gens with these of stock 17's? others are welcome too, thanks in advance? pics would be nice. and feedback on the tires.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:28 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Icondapython
Does anyone have this BFG G-Force KDW tire on their max with stock wheels? My tires are almost done, and i need a new set for the summer. Any 5th gens with these of stock 17's? others are welcome too, thanks in advance? pics would be nice. and feedback on the tires.

I think 1 or 2 guys have them, but not on stock rims. Personally, I think that is a retarded-looking tread pattern...just an opinion though. It's like they're more interested in making a "kewl looking blingy tire" rather than sticking with tread designs that are proven to work. Reminds me of the new Azenis 615 with the stupid offset pattern....

On the BFG website they list this tire as a "TUNER TIRE" it is also not made in spec size for your OEM 17's 225/50/17. If you do go with the KDW, get it with the alternate "standard tread" version, not that gay tuner tread.

what else is done to your car to justify a UHP tire like that? The KDW seems like a bit of overkill if you're riding on stock suspension....
Old 02-12-2006, 08:39 PM

yeah man my max is stock, looking into a suspension tho......like tockico blues or illuminas with s-techs and the rear and front sway bars. please if you have any info for me let me know since i think your good at this type of stuff, looking from your sig.......all help that i can get will be appriciated. and about the tire, they have 225/45/17 would that effect anything, besides the thinner side wall?

and i just wanted real good grip tires for the summer since my tires are worn out from the winter and stuff......so just want good looking tires that perform.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:02 PM

my cuzin has these tires on his audi and they suprisingly grip VERY well in the rain. I always thought that these tires were madde just to look cool and that in order for it to do well in rain it had to have a pit running down the center of the tire.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j
I think 1 or 2 guys have them, but not on stock rims. Personally, I think that is a retarded-looking tread pattern...just an opinion though. It's like they're more interested in making a "kewl looking blingy tire" rather than sticking with tread designs that are proven to work. Reminds me of the new Azenis 615 with the stupid offset pattern....

On the BFG website they list this tire as a "TUNER TIRE" it is also not made in spec size for your OEM 17's 225/50/17. If you do go with the KDW, get it with the alternate "standard tread" version, not that gay tuner tread.
umm....my friend has those tires and my brother has those tires. They grip so hard on dry, its not even funny. They're pretty damn good in the rain too. As far as the gay tuner tread, they're proven for it to work, thats why they made them, otherwise they wouldn't make something that would work just cause it looks cool......
Old 02-15-2006, 02:56 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
umm....my friend has those tires and my brother has those tires. They grip so hard on dry, its not even funny. They're pretty damn good in the rain too. As far as the gay tuner tread, they're proven for it to work, thats why they made them, otherwise they wouldn't make something that would work just cause it looks cool......
yes, you're right...companies never do anything just for looks If the "tuner tread" was so superior, why would they still be making the "original tread" version?

BTW, I didn't say the KDW wasn't a great tire (it is a very good tire...though a bit overpriced IMO)...I just said that the tread on the first version looks stupid, I didn't say it didn't work.

what I said:

Personally, I think that is a retarded-looking tread pattern...just an opinion though
Old 02-15-2006, 03:14 PM

you can get better tires for cheaper i.e.yokohoma avd es100(i think thats the one)hell even a toyo t1-s or t1-r
Old 02-16-2006, 05:51 AM

yes, you're right...companies never do anything just for looks If the "tuner tread" was so superior, why would they still be making the "original tread" version?

BTW, I didn't say the KDW wasn't a great tire (it is a very good tire...though a bit overpriced IMO)...I just said that the tread on the first version looks stupid, I didn't say it didn't work.

what I said:
Don't even start on the new 615s , the new design is proven to be a better all-around tire than the 215. The 215 is pretty much a legend in the "tuner" realm, say what you will but they are good tires. In reference to the '
tire in this thread, I have heard nothing but good things about them regardless of the tread pattern....
Old 02-16-2006, 09:56 AM

yeah, soo. if i get them in 225/45/17 .......would that make things worse, i mean the side wall is only a lil thinner, would that make a big difference?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:17 AM

things would be a little bit rougher.wheels will be a little bit more fragile.steering will be a little bit sharper.IMHO
Old 02-17-2006, 03:48 AM

The Traction T/A's and g-force sport are also pretty good, and would last you longer while not sacrificing to much traction and handling. Its probably more suitable for your needs since with stock hp you arent gonna need that extreme grip. You'd only get faster tire wear.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:54 AM
350 Detroit Muscle

I have them on my 18s. I don't have any complains w/ them so far. Good dry and wet traction.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Icondapython
yeah, soo. if i get them in 225/45/17 .......would that make things worse, i mean the side wall is only a lil thinner, would that make a big difference?
I'd get 235/45
Old 02-17-2006, 08:37 PM
retired moderator

Originally Posted by Cutler
Don't even start on the new 615s , the new design is proven to be a better all-around tire than the 215.
If you hung out on the "real" autocross forums (not the .org autocross forum), you would know that alot of the guys who used the 215's do NOT like the 615's, and are either grabbing up remaining sets of 215's or Azenis Sports, or switching to other tires like the 'kook Z212s or Kumho MX.....

The "new design" has some plusses (better heat capability) and some minuses (not as good traction) as the 215's, but to say that it's "better all-around" is a bit off base. It's at best comparable, and the tread pattern is getting alot of criticism on the hardcore autocross/track forums...
Old 02-17-2006, 10:51 PM

If you hung out on the "real" autocross forums (not the .org autocross forum), you would know that alot of the guys who used the 215's do NOT like the 615's, and are either grabbing up remaining sets of 215's or Azenis Sports, or switching to other tires like the 'kook Z212s or Kumho MX.....

The "new design" has some plusses (better heat capability) and some minuses (not as good traction) as the 215's, but to say that it's "better all-around" is a bit off base. It's at best comparable, and the tread pattern is getting alot of criticism on the hardcore autocross/track forums...
I want some Toyo R-Compound, shaved for the road course, where you and I need to start heading more.... I have read on the Miata forums about the 615s and how people like them(that's important to me)