Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Got Bridgestone Potenza RE960 A/S

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007 | 06:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Got Bridgestone Potenza RE960 A/S

Just got my tires delivered today by UPS. Got them from the Tire Rack for $620.00 shipped. I will be having them put on this weekend. I read nothing but good reviews so I decide to buy them instead of the Pirelli P Nero M+S. Will give everyone the 411 once they are installed

Old 07-25-2007 | 09:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Let me know how they are. I just ordered them through Firestone and should be in by next week.

Thanks...

dp
Old 07-26-2007 | 12:52 AM

IBd00dbestallseasonevar
Old 07-28-2007 | 08:44 AM

Alright here goes the review!!!
On a scale of 1-5. 5 being the best
HANDLING: 4
I'd have to give the RE960 a 4. These tires grip like summer tires and have very good roll stiffness. The sidewalls are just a tad softer then the stock RE92 which I thought had the best sidewall stiffness of any tire I have ever used. Steering response is awesome.
Noise: 5
I swear these tires make no noise at all. The car has never been this quiet. Even quiet on these florida white top roads which usually makes ever tire noisy. Smoothness in unbelievable.
Ride: 5
The car is very smooth and comfortable. Its much firmer then the Nitto 450 they replaced which had the softest sidewall ever. Yet they are not has harsh as the RE92 which could be pretty hard riding tires.
Don't have any wet traction reviews yet but dry traction is awesome.
All in all the best A/S tire you can get in my opinion. I know everyone seems to like the Proxes 4 but I hate soft sidewall tires. Also if aggressive tread design is your thing then these are not your tires.............
I LOVE THESE TIRES
Old 07-29-2007 | 10:28 AM

Alright been driving on these all weekend and even took a trip up to Georiga. These are the absolute quietest tires ever. I didn't realize how quiet the max really is. Man on man are they smooth also. I love the solid feel of these tires. The sidewalls are just amazing. Stiff without being harsh. My steering respone is also back which I totally lost with the Nittos. I have them at 32 psi front and rear and that's all you need. You could probably go to at least 34 without making the ride harsh....If your in the market for new tires then look no further...147.00 ea on the tire rack is money well spent.
Old 08-07-2007 | 06:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Tires

I am needing to buy new tires for my 2005 Max, especially on the front, but may just buy all 4, size P225/55R17. Have been reading reviews on Discount Tire website and more confused than ever. Don't list te RE 960 but have a Potenza 92A which doesn't have very good reviews. Now that my husband got his new Titan, my Max is usually used just for city driving. The main thing I am looking for is a quiet, well handling tire for usually hot and dry, but not this year, West Texas weather. Any suggestions besides the RE960?
Old 08-07-2007 | 11:49 PM

If money isnt an issue, i am really happy with my michelin pilot sport a/s. Although i can easily break them loose in the rain, and in the dry i can too, but remember im not even close to stock

If your on a budget, toyo proxes 4 seem to be good.
Old 08-09-2007 | 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
If money isnt an issue, i am really happy with my michelin pilot sport a/s. Although i can easily break them loose in the rain, and in the dry i can too, but remember im not even close to stock

If your on a budget, toyo proxes 4 seem to be good.
I haven't been able to break these things loose yet. And as far as cornering grip these tires are amazing. My car has HSLD and when I hit corners really fast, I can keep powering thru the turn without any problems. Wet trraction is also outstanding. Driven thru a couple of Florida downpours without a single problem......What I really love about these tires are the sidewall stiffness. Don't have to inflate these to 40 like I had to do with the POS nittos 450. 32f 32r is all you need. Nice and stiff.......Just didn't seem like the extra money was worth spending on Pilots a/s and with all the bad reviews about noise, I stayed away from them. Can't even hear the Potenzas they are so quiet. As far as Proxies go I've heard the sidewalls are like jello and the nittos also had very soft sidewalls and made the car handle poorly
Old 08-09-2007 | 07:33 PM

yeah thats why i stayed away from the proxes 4. i need a stiff sidewall, it just inspires so much more confidence when driving. Actually my pilot sports are pretty damn quiet. given there not brand new they have about 75-80% tread left. yeah i got mine at 35F/R seems to be a good setting.

I think if i were to go for another all season id definately try out the re960's. But right now i got 2 sets of rims so ill stick to summer tires for spring/summer and my snows for winter.

thanks for posting up your review. its always better to hear reviews from people who have the same type of car.
Old 08-10-2007 | 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 96blkonblkse
yeah thats why i stayed away from the proxes 4. i need a stiff sidewall, it just inspires so much more confidence when driving. Actually my pilot sports are pretty damn quiet. given there not brand new they have about 75-80% tread left. yeah i got mine at 35F/R seems to be a good setting.

I think if i were to go for another all season id definately try out the re960's. But right now i got 2 sets of rims so ill stick to summer tires for spring/summer and my snows for winter.

thanks for posting up your review. its always better to hear reviews from people who have the same type of car.
I am waiting to see how they hold up during the Boston winter. I should be back in Boston by the time the snow starts to fall. The Nitto 450 were worst then the potenza re92 in the winter. I'd never buy another Nitto tire again or any cheap tire. When it comes to tires you get what you pay for.
Old 08-13-2007 | 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by boondoxmax
Man on man are they smooth also. I love the solid feel of these tires. The sidewalls are just amazing. Stiff without being harsh.
Boon edit you post before posting, hahah man on man. hahah JK with ya. So you like the Bridgestones. I was thinking of these or the Yoko advan s4. Do you have any experience with these or anyone else use the s4 and have any reviews on which they like better and for what reasons.
Old 08-13-2007 | 12:22 PM

The yoko get great reviews on the tire rack, but they were just a bit out of my price range. I think they are like 180.00 ea. The Bridgestones are awesome and if they continue to perform like they are now then I will buy another set. I swear you can't hear these tires at all. No noise.......... yet they offer great steering response due to the stiff sidewalls.
Old 08-13-2007 | 02:25 PM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
IBd00dbestallseasonevar
Damn right, kid. I been sayin' it...