Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Yokohama AVID V4S...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Yokohama AVID V4S...

heres a small review on these...

Just bought these all season for mainly because winter is here and it just snowed I went to Townfair tire and got these installed, road hazard and alignment for $600.

I thought it was a big high, but I needed an alignment pretty bad. The thing that bummed me out a little is they could not fix the rear toe do to the lack of shims. And I paid for it. I dunno if I can get them to give some money back for it but I doubt it.

I was looking at other tires but he said all those had a treadwere of A and these were AA and they will be better and sticky for racing/all season ETC... also I been taking to Suby enthusiasts and my friend about these tires and they keep telling me there amazing and are the best strictly JDM tires out there... and they keep telling me they are basically racing tires.

What do you guys think about them? I got them @ stock size cause I only had stock rims and I didn't feel like buying rims cause it is winter and I am kinda strapped.

The tire salesman kept telling me how nice they are and ppl with G35s & Maximas get them all the time. They had them for $150 and I was able to get him to somewhat price match Tirerack for $107 each. So all and all I like the tires, they grip nice and they do really well up hills in 3 for 4" snow.

They seemed to corner a lot better then my old tires but then again I did need an alighment so it could be that. The tread is so thick on them too, I did not know the thicker the tread means they corner better. I thought was the other way around... o wellz...

anyway what you think?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:24 PM

If they are really good in the snow I doubt they are as good as the salesman claims in other conditions
Old 12-04-2007, 06:01 PM

well light snow... they been pretty good.. and that is not always true... They are all season tires.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:41 PM

After much research I got V4s for my 98SE with stock wheels a couple weeks ago. I think they are great tires at a good price.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:54 PM
dot dot dot ...

They scared the hell out of me in the snow. Considering they're AS, I don't think their snow performance was impressionable AT ALL.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:20 PM

I don't believe any AS tire is going to be very good in the snow.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
dot dot dot ...

Continental Extremes are fantastic.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 PM

I had them on my old auto max. they were alright, far from "racing tires" though. Id consider almost "racing tires" Falken RT-615's Hankook RS2 Z212, RT-215's, Pilot PS2, Eagle f1gsd3. They are about as close to R compounds you can get that are still driveable on the street, ie wet and dry, if you value your life you wont drive on any of those above mentioned in the snow..the f1 gs-d3 might be okay in light light snow.

The V4s were decent all around tires, wet traction was pretty decent, dry was alright snow was downright awful. If you think these are good in the snow im scared to ask what you had on before and what conditon they were in.

My Hankook RS2 Z212 would run CIRCLES around the V4S and my pilots in the dry literally, i thought my pilot sports were way better then my V4S, then i got my RS2's and they make my pilot sports seem like crap winter tires in the dry..given they are better the pilots were quite a bit better in the rain..when they were new lol