7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why I hate my 2012 Maxima SV

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 AM

this guy is a joke, you should really start taking the bus from now on. ive had my 7th gen for about a year and a half now and ya i did notice some problems with it, but over the time ive owned it i came to deal with those small problems and get use to them. i have had no problems with my car and its dropped 3 inches, i have not hit in any curbs with my front bumper and its probable like 3.5 inches lower then yours. with the tires, i live in chicago, and the winters here can be pretty bad here at times, there was atleast a foot of snow and i was still on my Eagle RS-A's and i had no issues what so ever(this was before i lowered it). all im trying to say is **** you, and trade the car in and get a different one, go on that forum and complain about the car there, we're maxima enthusiasts and dont do well with whiner like you. good day sir
Old 11-06-2013, 11:40 AM

.... And it's back! This thing will NEVER die!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CrIMs0n MaX 92
this guy is a joke, you should really start taking the bus from now on. ive had my 7th gen for about a year and a half now and ya i did notice some problems with it, but over the time ive owned it i came to deal with those small problems and get use to them. i have had no problems with my car and its dropped 3 inches, i have not hit in any curbs with my front bumper and its probable like 3.5 inches lower then yours. with the tires, i live in chicago, and the winters here can be pretty bad here at times, there was atleast a foot of snow and i was still on my Eagle RS-A's and i had no issues what so ever(this was before i lowered it). all im trying to say is **** you, and trade the car in and get a different one, go on that forum and complain about the car there, we're maxima enthusiasts and dont do well with whiner like you. good day sir
Get this man a beer and an open tab!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Propa Teknique
Get this man a beer and an open tab!
beer of choice= hoegaarden
Old 01-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Sold the White Elephant

Had enough of this death trap. SOLD IT AFTER ALMOST GETTING KILLED IN LIGHT SNOW. By the way for all you wise guys before making comments 3 year depreciation was 65%. What a deal. Check the numbers out for yourself.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:04 PM

^
Good job
Old 01-27-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Saltdet
Had enough of this death trap. SOLD IT AFTER ALMOST GETTING KILLED IN LIGHT SNOW. By the way for all you wise guys before making comments 3 year depreciation was 65%. What a deal. Check the numbers out for yourself.
I just found this thread. Good God man I'm glad you sold it but I guess you liked it enough for 3 years and you didn't die from the tires or bleed out from the interior stabbing you! Depreciation on this car is probably the worst right now since there is a new model coming out and you haven't owned it long enough to be right side up on what you paid for it to owing it. If you buy a consumable product and sell it before it's fully depreciated you pay for it. That's one of the many laws of economics. You bought a Nissan not a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. Sorry but Accords and Camrys aren't great to sell after three years especially if you paid full list and they are coming out with a new model.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:33 PM

K, c-ya!

Good luck to whatever make/dealership earns your business next. I got a good laugh out of your initial post; as a matter of fact, I couldn't even tell if you were being serious or not at first, but clearly you were.

At least you live up to the "salt" part of your username, though, because you salty, brah! You mad?

Nice work with accepting that 65% depreciation, too; I'm sure that you are a salesman's dream and they had you pegged from the moment you walked through the door before putting you together real quick.

8-)
Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM

Look up the value. You will be shocked. Didn't need to trade it in, trade ins are for people that don't have enough cash and wait time to sell it privately. FYI 2012 SV WITH 40000 miles wholesales at $15000 and sells retail 19-20k. look it up in Galves or Manheim auctions. KBB a little higher but most dealers in NE use Manheim which gives real time pricing.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:29 PM

I read through this whole thread and i must admit, it deserves an academy award. Even though i want to take a bfg9000 to it.

I love my max, even if it is depreciating. Dude get a grip, your life is also depreciating. It's the cyclical event horizon. Look up the values of the 5 series bmws, which imo are more comparable to the Maxima. Thatll shock ya. When i got divorced and my home sold, i had enough to buy a lambo diablo vt. But i didnt, because the maintenance on the dam thing would have broke me in a few months. You get what you pay for yes, but i think the Maxima bends that rule a little bit. Dudes on here with over 250k with no major issues? F me man ill take that all day over some bmw, merc or lex thats gonna be in the garage. But wish you the best of ventures. ;-)
Old 01-27-2015, 05:47 PM

^
A Lexus will kick Nissan in the ****
Old 01-27-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by george__
^ A Lexus will kick Nissan in the ****
...by being the most boring car without a Toyota logo(almost but not quite)!!! Once again, what BMW, Merc or Lexus is in the same class with the maxima. None... Unless you buy used. Size of a smaller C class, 3 series or IS are not the same size and probably are more expensive anyway when optioned like the maxima. Oh well, every cripple has his own way of walking. Good night now!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:46 PM

Look up the value. You will be shocked. Didn't need to trade it in, trade ins are for people that don't have enough cash and wait time to sell it privately. FYI 2012 SV WITH 40000 miles wholesales at $15000 and sells retail 19-20k. look it up in Galves or Manheim auctions. KBB a little higher but most dealers in NE use Manheim which gives real time pricing.
You must have got ROBBED when you bought the car for it to have depreciated 65%.

When I bought mine new 2013 SV Premiums with tech were going for $30K plus 0% financing
Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 PM

Two things:

1. Stop being a whining b*t*h, put your tampon back in and carry on.
2. With all these complaints sounds like you were expecting a Bentley for $30-$40k, as well as all the other have said you would have noticed half of these if you test drove it.

Now please leave.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:55 PM

[QUOTE="Saltdet;9018811"]Look up the value. You will be shocked. Didn't need to trade it in, trade ins are for people that don't have enough cash and wait time to sell it privately.

My opinion....

Yes and no. If u had a decent relationship with a salesman and dealership u would be treated properly when trading in.
Good luck with whatever u decide to buy sorry to hear ur sob story about the max. The majority of us seem to be very content with ours so idk....Peace out
Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by BIGIRISHSTL
...by being the most boring car without a Toyota logo(almost but not quite)!!! Once again, what BMW, Merc or Lexus is in the same class with the maxima. None... Unless you buy used. Size of a smaller C class, 3 series or IS are not the same size and probably are more expensive anyway when optioned like the maxima. Oh well, every cripple has his own way of walking. Good night now!
Different in Canada I'm afraid
Old 01-27-2015, 07:15 PM

George I hear you. I was just having a laugh although I'd like you to give me a fair comparison from the higher end makers to a maxima? Always good to get perspective from others
Old 01-28-2015, 04:53 AM

Wow, that was a great read. Good luck to the OP on your next purchase and if you live up north and see a lot of snow think about a Subaru next time. Have a great day
Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 AM

^^^^ good call. I think Subarus outback are good in inclement weather. You might want to check one of those out? I'm sure they have heated steering wheels and all the other amenities you are painfully used to in the maxima. And good night now!
Old 01-28-2015, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 20_Maxima_10
Don't take this the wrong way but you sound like someone that just complains about everything but yet you know nothing about cars and how a majority are designed and put together.

And you're very redundant if not annoying in the way you repeat the same thing just in a different way.

here's my responses and I will start at the top

-Paint and chip damage? Get Lexshield or Clear bra
-Mudflaps not being mudflaps? No Sh*t they aren't mud flaps.
-Gas pedal too far away? move your seat farther up
-Torque Steer? Google torgue steer for FWD Nissans.....WE KNOW THIS ALREADY (and I think its fun to drive and it's nothing compared to my Sentra SE-R Spec-V)
-Snow? Tires? Poor in the rain? Yes, those tires aren't great, but how many other cars in this class are gonna use really nice tires. BUY NEW ONES!
-Front Bumper too low? I'm lowered and never hit a curb. DON'T PULL SO FAR FORWARD!
-Hitting steering wheel controls? Don't drive with your palms!
-Seat uncomfortable? That's your problem
-Faux leather on the seat? Once again, how many cars in it's class actually have real leather.
-Seat warmer buttons hard to see? How often do you really turn it on and off? and do you really NEED to see it to know if it's on or not. up=low, down=high and centered=off
-ipod and electrical outlets? I work for Cadillac and everything car they make is the same way. Don't keep so much crap in your center console and you won't have that problem.
-Car gets dirty in light rain? Join the club. Who's car doesn't? Mudflaps won't change that.
-Programming bluetooth by voice? How many things you keep trying to program?? One and done
-Seat belt scratching panel? Stop throwing your seat belt off.
-Brake pedal half the size? what's the regular size?
-Doors close when not on flat ground? name a car that stays open on a hill!
-Steering loose out of hard turns? FWD and you're accelerating! DUH!
-Gear shift **** pinching your skin?? ARE YOU SERIOUS?! You don't need a death grip to change gears!
-Can't lift windshield wipers independently? get use to it. would rather have more wiper coverage or be too lazy to walk around to the other side.
-Moisture in tails? grow a pair and tell the dealership to replace them. that's not normal

On that note, why don't you tell us why you like the car?? Cuz from this list it sounds like the economy got the best of you and you use to be european car owner that thinks 40k for a 3 series beamer is better than a Max.

I love my Max. If you don't, get rid of it. Forum has no room for whiners.

Thank you for this, I needed a decent laugh today.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:42 AM

I'm sorry you don't know how to safely operate a vehicle in light snow, dude.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:56 AM

I believe the OP has some valid concerns. Regardless we would all be better off if this thread was deleted. It's really not serving much of a purpose except for attacks on the OP.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:33 PM

They asked for it by complaining about some of the most ridiculous things i've ever heard. I will admit a FEW had some validity behind it but majority is just absurd and clearly they have no idea wtf they're doing when they go car shopping.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 14GmMax
no idea wtf they're doing when they go car shopping.
To expound on that last thought from 14Gm---no idea in general or reality or humans making products with tolerances, parameters, margins!!! As the stupid YouTube cats say while dancing... $h1t Happens
Old 01-28-2015, 07:37 PM

I just want my seat fixed...
Old 01-29-2015, 08:54 AM

Why do people compare high end cars to Maxima? Maybe we should take that as a compliment Irish. I recently had a 750Li for a week, was it nice? Oh yes.. Was it 100k nice…HELL NO. I think a lot of times we get caught up on name brands and not what really going on. I will say, the BMW is built with tighter tolerances, but again for the price it better.

The nicest car i've even driven (ride quality) was a 2002 Lexus LS430. My next used car will be that car after we get a SUV. My wife and I test drove a 2010 Lexus LS 460 and we passed on it because honestly, I couldn't tell the difference in ride, the car was loud (road noise) they really slacked a$s on that model. I'm hoping more for the newest model, I might look into that when the price drops more

For the price range the Maxima was the BEST bang for the buck IMO. We looked at the E350 and my wife loved it but just because it didn't have push button start I said no, I mean REALLY???? older Sentras have the feature and you're telling me they couldn't put a handsfree system in that car? for almost $10k more?
Old 01-29-2015, 08:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

George I hear you. I was just having a laugh although I'd like you to give me a fair comparison from the higher end makers to a maxima? Always good to get perspective from others

Don't waste your time. Guy likes to talk just because he has a mouth.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:14 AM

I agree with what some are saying that the Maxima is an "entry-level" luxury sedan, if we can even call it that. I mean, my expectations are as high if not higher than the next guy's, but for the money the Maxima is, in my opinion, unequivocally the best value. And by, "for the money", I mean after dealer rebates, discounts, etc etc and the "out the door" price. Not MSRP. If we're talking MSRP then it's a whole different ballgame here.

If you're a gear-head, and I have plenty of friends that are, then I would say that this is definitely not the car for you. At all. Don't get me wrong: it's got enough get-up and go when you need it on the highway or whatever, but if you're out there racing around and whatnot then yes you'll probably win your fair share out there but I would assume that you would also get absolutely smoked a good amount of the time as well. It's not exactly rocket science here.

For the average Joe like myself, the car serves its purpose for my needs; I take care of it, it takes care of me.

Just like that other thread with the 4DSC; it's a marketing gimmick that maybe Nissan hangs its hat on a little more than it should, but there is just enough of those qualities to "fit" within the minimum threshold of criteria that pertains to a sports car. And I do mean minimum. Like others have said: it's a sporty sedan with a luxurious feel to it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm very happy with mine but when the time comes that I run this thing into the ground and it's time to buy a new vehicle, my loyalty is definitely not exclusive to Nissan as who knows what'll be out there at that time.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dudemaine
I agree with what some are saying that the Maxima is an "entry-level" luxury sedan, if we can even call it that. I mean, my expectations are as high if not higher than the next guy's, but for the money the Maxima is, in my opinion, unequivocally the best value. And by, "for the money", I mean after dealer rebates, discounts, etc etc and the "out the door" price. Not MSRP. If we're talking MSRP then it's a whole different ballgame here.

If you're a gear-head, and I have plenty of friends that are, then I would say that this is definitely not the car for you. At all. Don't get me wrong: it's got enough get-up and go when you need it on the highway or whatever, but if you're out there racing around and whatnot then yes you'll probably win your fair share out there but I would assume that you would also get absolutely smoked a good amount of the time as well. It's not exactly rocket science here.

For the average Joe like myself, the car serves its purpose for my needs; I take care of it, it takes care of me.

Just like that other thread with the 4DSC; it's a marketing gimmick that maybe Nissan hangs its hat on a little more than it should, but there is just enough of those qualities to "fit" within the minimum threshold of criteria that pertains to a sports car. And I do mean minimum. Like others have said: it's a sporty sedan with a luxurious feel to it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm very happy with mine but when the time comes that I run this thing into the ground and it's time to buy a new vehicle, my loyalty is definitely not exclusive to Nissan as who knows what'll be out there at that time.

Amen to that, very well put sir.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:57 AM

Dude is on point...
Old 01-29-2015, 10:00 AM

:Corrects monocle: "You are correct my dear Sir"
Old 01-29-2015, 10:14 AM

Dudemain nailed this thread, IMO. Couldn't agree more.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Dudemaine

Old 01-30-2015, 05:19 AM

Mods let me live on this one a little bit please..

Dude what car did you come from that you have this many complaints? S550? I doubt it. My father has that car. Guess what... it has problems he doesn't like too.

You should be in here thanking all the people who take time to inform you about your own car since you were too dumb to do it on your own. From day one, I have always driven various Lexus models, latest is the GS350 as well as 6th and 7th gen Maximas. Yes, there are some things that could be better, but based on MY REAL WORLD COMPARISON of a top tier brand vehicle and a Maxima, you are on drugs if you think you can buy other cars light years ahead of the looks vs. cost vs. performance vs. value you get with a nissan maxima.

And your residual number means nothing. If you are so smart, then you should have mad a deal in which that number could be played with when you trade in the car if you owned it. If you leased, then you are lying because residual value on a fully loaded maxima is not 65%. How do you have the resourcefulness to quote residual numbers, but you were not resourceful enough to find out about the car before you bought it? You come in here talking sh*t and telling lies to boot because you feel stupid for buying a car without fact finding. Furthermore, your the one who is the idiot for taking the depreciation hit on a trade in after recently buying if you didn't lease because you didn't do your homework. who finances cars and trades them in 2 years later during their largest depreciation period. YOU DO! Why? Because you don't know how to buy a car. I join forums before I even buy the car so i can learn. You came in here with nothing genuine other than to make people feel bad about the car. That's on you. Don't come in here and b*tch. Learn the game son!
Old 01-30-2015, 06:28 AM

This thread is actually helping me to feel much better about my 2014 SV. As far as bang for your buck you can do very well with a Maxima. Thanks Guys!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:18 AM

Paint damage and chips easily poor quality paint
Tires RSA Eagles are deadly in snow or rain.
Mud Flaps are not mud flaps they are stone chip guards the car gets filthy.
Gas Pedal to far away
Torque Steer is dangerous if you don't know about it can be deadly
Horrible in snow
Poor in Rain
Front bumper too low scrapes curbs
Steering wheel radio controls stick out too far and accidentally hit them and change channels frequently.
Drivers Seat uncomfortable.
Leather on sides of seats, mid back seat and headrests not real
Can't fix headliner rattle after two times
Dash computer controls not visibly accessible, have to take eyes off road to use
Seat warmer buttons in hard to view location
Electric outlets in bottom of arm rest and have to empty out consoles to use.
Ipod and av jacks in bottom of closed console and need to empty console to access
Car gets filthy in light rain because mud flaps are fake and are small chip guards
Programing Bluetooth by voice is impossible because it scans by name at letter A and runs slow
Cant scan it by alphabet
Front Seatbelt clips bounce off side cowl scratching it
Brake pedal is half size of regular one
Doors close on you if not open all the way even on flat ground
No option to lower radio when answering bluetooth phone, therefore when ending call radio blasts creating a significant driver disturbance.
Tech display is off on Radio display by avg. MPG. IE. Read 22.7 Avg MPG and at refueling tank took 17.665 gallons and B trip gauge that I reset every refill read 366 miles. That equals 20.7. This has been consistent for three months of tracking.
Steering loose out of hard right turns.
Gear shift **** lever has a recess in it that catches the skin on your finger
Cannot independently lift the windshield wipers. The Drivers side must be lifted first then the passenger side.
This makes it very difficult when removing ice or cleaning the windshield. Have to keep walking around the front of car.
Taillights fill up with moisture and Nissan says that’s normal.
Nisssan customer service reps are scripted and monkeys would do better.

the tires, Nissan reps and MPG inaccuracy isn't something you can necessarily see on a test drive but I agree with you, however the rest of it is in most cars, small quirks, the car is made for the mass, not for one specific person, like the center console usb and bumper being low are things you can see on a test drive, I love Cole (my man maxima) and yeah hes not perfect but when my butts cold in the summer and hot in the winter as well as my hands, or when he pulls the seat out for me (chivalry isn't dead afterall) those are the things that matter as well as the handling (SV Sport here) and power is why I bought the car, not because the windshield wipers need to be pulled up in a specific order.... SMH