1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 08:14 PM

Moderators

OK, is there actually someone who is the moderator of this forum and still active? I ask because I am seeing some stuff going on that needs attention IMHO.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:01 PM

Re: Moderators

Originally posted by KALSC
OK, is there actually someone who is the moderator of this forum and still active? I ask because I am seeing some stuff going on that needs attention IMHO.
why would you want a moderator, and why would you want these posts to get attention? We don't get anything locked or deleted here.
Old 10-21-2002, 09:09 PM

Re: Re: Moderators

Seriously??? Ummmm . . . well . . . it might be because there is an awful lot of fluff and rhetoric in some posts that is a total waste of time and space. Take for example the banter going back and forth with silverpants. OK sure, I can just avoid threads that one can identify as being useless, but that's not always the case as those threads are not always easy to pick out unless you have already wasted your time having gone into it to see it is total garbage. Hence the need for a moderator to clean up the garbage and keep the forum and its threads clean. Considering how nicely done this site and forum is . . . again . . . just my $.02
Old 10-22-2002, 01:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Moderators

Seriously??? Ummmm . . . well . . . it might be because there is an awful lot of fluff and rhetoric in some posts that is a total waste of time and space. Take for example the banter going back and forth with silverpants. OK sure, I can just avoid threads that one can identify as being useless, but that's not always the case as those threads are not always easy to pick out unless you have already wasted your time having gone into it to see it is total garbage. Hence the need for a moderator to clean up the garbage and keep the forum and its threads clean. Considering how nicely done this site and forum is . . . again . . . just my $.02
Yeah well listen, since you are a newbie, we have tried to get moderators in here, and since we get ignored each time we nominate somebody (and trust me, we have tried), we must act as moderators ourselves. When some hotshot comes in bragging about Nitrous and turbos and double wishbone suspension and total b/s mods that he doesn't actually have done to his car, we take the initiative and make sure he stops posting his nonsense in here. You'll notice that after those few posts by Silverpants, and our responses, that he left the site. We do not have the authority to kick someone off the site, or delete and lock threads, therefore we must filter out the garbage ourselves. You will also find that you have the option of ignoring members posts on this site. You simply click the profile feature and block the member or members of your choice and you never have to read any of their posts again. There are other 1st and 2nd generation Maxima forums if you don't like the way this one is run, however if you post useful information and serious questions, and you can back up all your statements and arguments, I assure you your posts will not get filled with "fluff".
Old 10-22-2002, 06:34 AM

Fair enough.

I've actually been a member since 12/2001, I still have newbie status because I obviously haven't posted as much as you have. The reason for that is because I had spent more time this summer working on my other project car which is a spanky 88 Lincoln Mark VII and subsequently it's related forum. Anyway, point taken, I will be selective in my endeavors. Does my VG30ET swap which is currently underway qualify for quality content?
Old 10-22-2002, 07:51 AM

Yes, your turbo V6 install is very useful. I see your other post now. Thanks for the nice pictures. And your engine looks very clean and new! (well, you did rebuild it, but it looks like a freshly painted engine too)
Old 10-22-2002, 11:40 AM

Re: Fair enough.

I've actually been a member since 12/2001, I still have newbie status because I obviously haven't posted as much as you have. The reason for that is because I had spent more time this summer working on my other project car which is a spanky 88 Lincoln Mark VII and subsequently it's related forum. Anyway, point taken, I will be selective in my endeavors. Does my VG30ET swap which is currently underway qualify for quality content?
yeah def man, good job
Old 10-22-2002, 12:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Moderators

One man's fluff and rhetoric is another man's LMFAO thankyou for at least the momentary diversion from the ordinary. Most of the technial content could be had if newbies and the otherwise mechanically challenged would simply BTFM and RTFM(!), do we also kick people out for asking the extremely obvious? Where do we draw the line? Obviously your VG30ET swap is above and beyond what is in the manuals, but to come in and act like you're the only one here who's serious is or that we're beneath you because none of us has done that conversion before is really just the inverse of what you are complaining about and, therefore, makes you no better.
My $.02, thank you.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:13 PM

Fair enough John, thank you.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:02 PM

Fair enough John, thank you.
No offense intended
Old 10-22-2002, 07:02 PM
Charles Bisel

Sometimes moderators can be a good thing, sometimes not. I've read a lot of complaints on the 3rd and 4th gen forums about how they're moderated to hell. People get b*tched at and their threads get deleted if they ask a question that someone else posted a year ago. Also, you can't go off topic at all, even if it's about another Nissan like the Z. There's also a bunch of other stupid **** rules, I haven't bothered to read them cause I could give a sh*t less to.

When I first started out, I asked a lot of questions that I would now consider common knowledge about Maximas. But it sure beat searching through a bunch of obscure posts for an answer. Like John said, it's hard to draw the line as to when you should delete or lock a thread or when to boot someone. If there were a moderator of this forum and he/she followed maxima.org's rules to the letter, probably half the threads would be deleted.

Sometimes though, it's blatanly obvious when something should be taken care of. Retards like Silverpanties and 88maxnot2nv should definitely have been booted a long time ago and their stupid comments should have been deleted.

One thing that really does p*ss me off is when someone expects that we're supposed to give them answers to all of their questions like we're getting paid to do this or something. And of course they automatically assume that we have no life and just sit here and monitor the questions that are posted in this forum. Oh, and when we do give them an answer, if we don't explain everything step by step they flame us over it. Now, this rarely happens, but it did happen a few months ago, and I responded to the thread, but it was deleted anyway. I just thought I'd put my $.02 in for that cause it really p*ssed me off at the time and that retard should have been punted.

Well, I currently moderate the 2nd gen Nissan Maxima club at Yahoo. I'm a lot more lenient than the way maxima.org is moderated. Over there, people can swear, they can go off topic and discuss whatever the hell they want (it's more of a family atmosphere with a bunch of motorheads getting together bullsh*tting). The only things not tolerated would be bashing other people's rides (we had that problem at another Maxima club), spamming, and bullsh*tting about your car.

Brendan - nice picture, what is that, a 4.5 Gen?

-C-

Old 10-22-2002, 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Charles Bisel
Well, I currently moderate the 2nd gen Nissan Maxima club at Yahoo. I'm a lot more lenient than the way maxima.org is moderated. Over there, people can swear, they can go off topic and discuss whatever the hell they want (it's more of a family atmosphere with a bunch of motorheads getting together bullsh*tting). The only things not tolerated would be bashing other people's rides (we had that problem at another Maxima club), spamming, and bullsh*tting about your car.

-C-
Damn -C-, <sniff, sniff> you're bringing back old, strong memories. Sometimes I still wish I could meet that kid and beat the sh*t outta him and his POS Explorer. And to think, it's only been a year and two months and the new club is doing helluva lot better! Maybe its because we really care about 2nd gens...

OBTW, I'll settle for -C- or max88q being moderator.

-A
Old 10-24-2002, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Charles Bisel
Sometimes moderators can be a good thing, sometimes not. I've read a lot of complaints on the 3rd and 4th gen forums about how they're moderated to hell. People get b*tched at and their threads get deleted if they ask a question that someone else posted a year ago. Also, you can't go off topic at all, even if it's about another Nissan like the Z. There's also a bunch of other stupid **** rules, I haven't bothered to read them cause I could give a sh*t less to.

When I first started out, I asked a lot of questions that I would now consider common knowledge about Maximas. But it sure beat searching through a bunch of obscure posts for an answer. Like John said, it's hard to draw the line as to when you should delete or lock a thread or when to boot someone. If there were a moderator of this forum and he/she followed maxima.org's rules to the letter, probably half the threads would be deleted.

Sometimes though, it's blatanly obvious when something should be taken care of. Retards like Silverpanties and 88maxnot2nv should definitely have been booted a long time ago and their stupid comments should have been deleted.

One thing that really does p*ss me off is when someone expects that we're supposed to give them answers to all of their questions like we're getting paid to do this or something. And of course they automatically assume that we have no life and just sit here and monitor the questions that are posted in this forum. Oh, and when we do give them an answer, if we don't explain everything step by step they flame us over it. Now, this rarely happens, but it did happen a few months ago, and I responded to the thread, but it was deleted anyway. I just thought I'd put my $.02 in for that cause it really p*ssed me off at the time and that retard should have been punted.

-C-
hah yea, 4.5 limited, nah someone on here photoshopped it after we asked, looks awsome huh, i dunno why they didn't keep the4th gen lettering going.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:07 PM