3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd gen exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2001, 11:45 PM

hey, guys... decided to order a warpspeed ypipe and install it myself. does anyone have the link to the warpspeed page so i can contact them and ask if the ypipe includes everything nessicary for intsallation? also- i'm planning on replacing everything from the cat foreward, and later adding a hi-flo cat and muffler, so are there any pieces that i need to buy besides the ypipe?
Old 01-01-2001, 11:52 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

It has everything in it....

ICE put one on his car and besides having to cut of the extra hanger it was very simple he said. only other thing "foward" of the cat are the exhu. manifold and headers. no need to touch the manifold and modifying headers would have to be done "custom" at around $1k+. so just do the Y and then do from the cat back!

heres WSP's site:
http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/nissan.htm

Originally posted by The Sleeper
hey, guys... decided to order a warpspeed ypipe and install it myself. does anyone have the link to the warpspeed page so i can contact them and ask if the ypipe includes everything nessicary for intsallation? also- i'm planning on replacing everything from the cat foreward, and later adding a hi-flo cat and muffler, so are there any pieces that i need to buy besides the ypipe?
Old 01-02-2001, 05:59 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: It has everything in it....

i think he meant cat BACK....no?

Originally posted by DA-MAX
ICE put one on his car and besides having to cut of the extra hanger it was very simple he said. only other thing "foward" of the cat are the exhu. manifold and headers. no need to touch the manifold and modifying headers would have to be done "custom" at around $1k+. so just do the Y and then do from the cat back!

heres WSP's site:
http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/nissan.htm

Originally posted by The Sleeper
Old 01-02-2001, 09:26 AM
1FasMax

I took a look at the exhaust on my car......the exhaust bolts on at the "cat"....isnt there supposed to be a rear section bolt on.....where I can take just the muffler off.....I can only remove the whoe cat back all one unit on my 92 SE

Old 01-02-2001, 09:39 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Stock........

the rear exhaust section was made one piece, NO SEPERATE B-PIPE like most aftermarket exhausts come with.

Originally posted by 1FasMax
I took a look at the exhaust on my car......the exhaust bolts on at the "cat"....isnt there supposed to be a rear section bolt on.....where I can take just the muffler off.....I can only remove the whoe cat back all one unit on my 92 SE