3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

need some help w/bose

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 01:56 PM

hey guys i finally got my max this past weekend and i notcied that sound is only coming from the front driver's side speaker. has anyone else had this problem? can i fix it? and does anyone know how to remove the bose tape player so i can check the connections? thanks a lot
Old 01-17-2001, 02:15 PM

To remove the center pannel just take out the ash trey and there will be two screws in the opening the one on the left will be hidden a bit so look close, after removing the screws the top of the console will pop out just use a pry it off carefully. Then remove the plugs on the back of the console and then take the radio out. Check all connections I think someone may have been in there already. Check if you have speakers in the other locations and if they are connected.
Old 01-17-2001, 05:35 PM
davis449

If you're missing a speaker or one of them is broken, you have three options. Option 1: There's a guy who does work on Bose systems. His name is Dave and his site is http://www.davescoolstuff.com. Go to his site and get his e-mail address and describe your problem. He will e-mail you back and tell you what can be done about it. Then you send your **** to him and he fixes it. He's the real deal. I had him fix my CD/cassette combo out of my car and he did a wonderful job. He has a 24 hr. turnaround time too. If you pay him $30 extra you can get what ever you sent him back, fixed, in two days. Option 2: Go to http://www.ebay.com and go to the photo/electronics section and then go to the Audio Auto section and type in "Bose" in the main search and see if you can find someone selling the speaker or part you need and buy it. If you can't find it there go to the same site and click on Automotive at ebay's homepage and that will link you to their automotive site. Got to Parts and Accessories and type in "Bose" and make sure you select it to search only in Parts and Accessories. Then proceed with the instructions given above. Option 3: Say "**** this whole Bose ****!" and go to Best Buy, Circuit City or your local mobile electronics expert and spend a **** load of money buying an aftermarket system and then spend even more money getting it installed (believe me when you have a Bose system to be torn out, it ain't cheap). I hope this helps. These options are listed in the order by I would approach your situation.