3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Since most VE members dont check the group by forums, here you go...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 04:39 PM

i havent got mine yet either, i called her on friday and she said they should be in in a week
Old 06-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

tried 2 cancel mine...havent heard back...
Old 06-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Getting back to his roots

I called her today, and she said that they are 1-1.5 weeks away from getting them, which means they are 1.5-2.5 weeks from arriving to our doors. I want mine so bad!
Old 07-09-2003, 03:28 PM

I talked to rpmoutlet again today and they are claiming that the pullies will be in at the beginning of next week. Is everyone else still getting the runaround?
Old 07-09-2003, 03:44 PM

I sent and received this email on July 1st:

I found out today they will be available by the 10th of this month. I will send you an email notification when it ships.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Harry Xenelis" <michael.xenelis@tufts.edu>
To: <barbara@rpmoutlet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: Invoice from RPM Outlet.Com

> Barbara,
>
> I called you on thursday about the ASP UDP group deal from Maxima.org. You said that you would email on friday after you called the supplier. I was just wondering if you had received a response from them about the ship date of the pullies. Thank you.
>
> Mike X
Old 07-09-2003, 06:04 PM
dmontzsta

I apologize to you all for the runaround. When I first set this deal up, she never even said that she didnt have them in stock, she made it seem like the stock was plentiful. Then after we started paying, she said, we dont have enough, we only have like 3 or 4, she then said she would offer free engraving and anodizing, and that she would ship them out in the order of people that paid, and should have enough to complete the order within 2 weeks. I am not sure how many people paid and or how many people have received pulleys to date, my list had around 13 or 14 people on it.

I did email her a few weeks back, basically telling her I worked hard on getting this deal together and I am a well trusted and known member on the board and that she is ruining my reputation a little bit. I have not heard back from her to date.

Let me know who has paid and not received...if you guys are having problems, I will help you by calling and emailing or doing whatever I can. PLEASE let me know if they dont get shipped by friday...

once again, sorry fellas

Old 07-09-2003, 09:05 PM

Sir,
What was the telephone number you gave when the order was placed? We use that information as a customer ID number. The confirmation is temporary and only used for tracking purposes.

Thank You,

Barbara Garcia
RPM Outlet Customer Service
barbara@rpmoutlet.com
13313 Redfish Lane # 104
Stafford TX 77477

i ordered it on line on friday night. this is the email i got after i sent her my name and adress and my comformation number.. I wasnt in the gd, but it ****es me off that they take the money out of paypal and add 3 bucks service fee. and get no customer service. WTF! if they dont have any in stock, then dont sell it. Dont offer it or atleast write on the website n/a or back ordered. They made me assume that they had it and that the order was being processed. i called them up and get put on hold, or dont answer back. This Co is a ripe off, i am so upset. money gone from my paypal, yet nothing to show for it except an empty account. i will try again tomorrow. lets see if they give me the run around.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:54 AM

Donald-
I for one dont hold you at all responsible. RPMOutlet seemed to put up a front and I dont think their shadiness reflects upon you or your reputation at all. Unfortunately, I doubt any of the pullies will be shipped by Friday, as they told me that they should go out early next week. I was also told about 6 weeks ago that only 2 had been shipped and that I was the third in line- if thats true then there could be 10 more people in the group deal that still dont have pullies. That was the last email I received from them- Barbara stopped responding after that (around the end of May), and the only way I was able to get a response was to call them (not toll free!). I still want the pully, but this customer service is awful!

Tim
Old 07-10-2003, 07:50 AM

My $0.02

Although they keep delaying the ship date, every time I have called or emailed Barbara she has responded. It might be that ASP racing is giving them the runaround, and so they are just relaying the information that they have been told. If you check aspracing.com, you will see that they are out of stock of the pulley, and since they are the ones that make it, I figure we won't see our pullies till ASP has some in stock. I will admit that they probably should not have even let this group deal go through without guarenteeing that there were enough pullies in stock. I am willing to wait since the alternative is to cough up another $100 for the Unorthodox pulley.

[EDIT] I just called ASP racing, and they said that the pullies have been made but still need to be drilled and some other nonsense. She said that they will ship WITHIN TWO WEEKS. I guess we'll have to just keep playing the waiting game. Dmontzsta, maybe you can call Barbara and tell her to try and pressure ASP into finishing them faster? [/EDIT]
Old 07-10-2003, 04:40 PM

OK guys i have called up RPMOUTLET.com, and after 30 minutes here is what i got. Bascially the store is getting the run around from ASP. The person i talked to was George. Him and I got into it verbaly. Then cooled things down alittle. He told me that ASP is taking their sweet time in making the UDP. He has been down their throat about this problem, back ordered and such. He told me that this UDP is the most popular for our max. Basically the customer service needs to be worked upon at RPM but needless to say they will try to help, if they can. So I am really upset at both companies. RPM for taking the money and selling something they do not have in stock, told him that it would be best if they updated the website and PUT DOWN "BACK ORDERED" or "NOT IN STOCK". He also told me that the RPM store isnt like a mom and pop store. If those who paid want their cash back then to call him and he will refund the money. But if you do want the deal you will have to be patient. But i also told him it wasnt fair for the org members, not to say a word about whats going on, and keeps saying that the product would be shipped XXX days. I will talk to George tomorrow and see what happends. He is gonna talk to ASP.
But ASP, should nto have filled and order it cannot make. 4 months and only make a handfull of UDP's? Wtf. What is wrong with that picture. If they demand is there and the supply is there, then what gives. I understand that they are a huge company, but sadly if they are the only ones making our udp, we cannot do anything about it.

SO after this issue has been resolved, the RPM store gets low marks in service, but good grades on price.lolz. Anyhow i will keep you guys informed.

GD leader, can you give me a list of people who have paid and yet have gotten any responses. Let me see if i can help you guys out..

Laterz

Izzy
Old 07-10-2003, 11:32 PM

Crazy- I dont think you need to speak for us- we have all been conacting RPMoutlet about our specific orders and Donald should be the one who says somethhing to them regarding the group deal.

I for one am upset that RPMoutlet (Barbara) stopped responding to me 6 weeks ago, and has not been upfront about the backorder. ASP may be equally, if not more to blame for the delay, but RPMoutlet has not shed any light on the situation either. They should not have allowed a group deal to go through if they didnt have the item in stock.

Just my $.02.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:45 PM

ok, thought i would help. never mind , good luck to all
Old 08-12-2003, 09:50 AM

I just talked to ASP, and they said that they would be recieivng the pullies tomorrow. HOPEFULLY they are telling the truth, which means that they should be shipped out at the end of the week by RPMoutlet. We'll see I guess.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:08 PM

I called RPMoutlet yesterday and again today. Supposedly they have the pullies now, and will be shipped out today. You should be able to track the order on RPMoutlet's website, as early as tonight using your invoice number. Then again, I got the same exact story yesterday.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:48 PM

i called today and they told me he was "talking" to asp. I hope i get mines. George told me that he would have thenm thursday, last week. man i am getting tired of using my day time minutes for nothing and being put on hold for 10 minutes
Old 08-13-2003, 05:04 PM

Same story today as yesterday (and the day before)- big surprise. The girl I talked to said she is picking them up tomorrow (herself if necessary) and that they will be going out as soon as they receive them. Ill believe it when I have the pulley in my hands.