3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Fog Lamp Light Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 05:16 PM

Fog Lamp Light Cover?

Is that the name for the cover of light in the bumper? Mines came off today and I'm trying to find it online.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Do you mean the plastic cover for the turn signals? They are the only lights "in the bumper". If so, that is their name.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Fog Lamp Light Cover?

Originally posted by MaximaGuy719
Is that the name for the cover of light in the bumper? Mines came off today and I'm trying to find it online.
Man I really dont want to sound like a jerk but did you read mine and others response to your other post here?

The lights IN the bumper are TURN SIGNALS or as you called them hazards. Fog lights are UNDER the bumper on our cars. Look at the thread I just linked you to in my first line and look at Dstas pics of his fogs. You see the part that is shinine yellow? Those are the fogs. Factory they are white but he put yellow bulbs in. Notice they are UNDER the bumper and not in the bumper like the TURN SIGNALS you keep talking about.

again I dont want to be a jerk but pay attention and read so you can learn.

ok off of my now. I guess I dont have the patience I used to have.

now call courtesy nissan mention the org and tell them you need front TURN SIGNALS for your car...you have to tell them which side because they are different. Sometimes people get confused if the right of the car is with them standing in front or behind the wheel so tell them drivers or passangers side and they will know the right one.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:14 PM

Re: Re: Fog Lamp Light Cover?

Originally posted by awsm66

Man I really dont want to sound like a jerk but did you read mine and others response to your other post here?

The lights IN the bumper are TURN SIGNALS or as you called them hazards. Fog lights are UNDER the bumper on our cars. Look at the thread I just linked you to in my first line and look at Dstas pics of his fogs. You see the part that is shinine yellow? Those are the fogs. Factory they are white but he put yellow bulbs in. Notice they are UNDER the bumper and not in the bumper like the TURN SIGNALS you keep talking about.

again I dont want to be a jerk but pay attention and read so you can learn.

ok off of my now. I guess I dont have the patience I used to have.

now call courtesy nissan mention the org and tell them you need front TURN SIGNALS for your car...you have to tell them which side because they are different. Sometimes people get confused if the right of the car is with them standing in front or behind the wheel so tell them drivers or passangers side and they will know the right one.

I'm not trying to be a "jerk", but if it frustrates you THAT much that you have to respond like I'm some illiterate kid than don't waste your time. That post slipped my mind, I discovered that the turn signal's lense was missing when I got home the other day and I posted hoping for a quick answer. But whatever, thanks for the response.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Fog Lamp Light Cover?

Originally posted by MaximaGuy719

I'm not trying to be a "jerk", but if it frustrates you THAT much that you have to respond like I'm some illiterate kid than don't waste your time. That post slipped my mind, I discovered that the turn signal's lense was missing when I got home the other day and I posted hoping for a quick answer. But whatever, thanks for the response.

yeah watever man.

I didnt mean to sound so harsh besides I gave you all the info you needed and it wasnt a flame...if you dont have thick skin around here you will not stay long though.

Courtesy is going to be the cheapest place to get them unless you go aftermarket...look in the faqs and there is the contact info you need for Courtesy.

also in the faqs you will find other links to aftermarket sites.

Good luck.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:53 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fog Lamp Light Cover?

Originally posted by awsm66

yeah watever man.

I didnt mean to sound so harsh besides I gave you all the info you needed and it wasnt a flame...if you dont have thick skin around here you will not stay long though.

Courtesy is going to be the cheapest place to get them unless you go aftermarket...look in the faqs and there is the contact info you need for Courtesy.

also in the faqs you will find other links to aftermarket sites.

Good luck.
Don't worry man didn't affect me at all,
"I guess I dont have the patience I used to have", it sounded like you were really ****ed. My point was that if it's that big of a deal then don't bother.

Anyway, it's cool. Probably gonna give courtesy a call.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

na I dont get ticked about posts. I just thought you werent listening when we told you what those lights were but if it slipped your mind then I can understand that you didnt read it so you didnt know...my bad.