3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

How to use your keyless entry...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:10 AM

How to use your keyless entry...

I'm sure we're all tired of explaining this to people, I myself have done it twice this week, so I decided to type it up. Most of this information is straight from the Owner's Manual. If a Moderator would make this FAQ I think we'd all appreciate it.

How to activate your digital touch entry system:
First, you will have to retrieve your vehicle's digital entry reset code. The easiest way to do this is to lay in your passenger seat upside down, with your feet by the headrest and your head at the footrest. Take a flashlight and look up behind the glovebox and to the left. You should see a gold/bronze box with a sticker on it. The sticker will have 3 lines of numbers/letters. You will want the bottom line, it will start with an "S" and have 7 numbers following it. Write this down as you will need it later.

How to enter code number
1. Press the start/clear button.
2. Enter the 7-digit FIXED NUMBER. A beep will sound for 6 seconds.
3. Enter a 4- to 7-digit personal CODE NUMBER while the beep is sounding.
4. After the personal CODE NUMBER is entered, the beep will sound at short intervals. This indicates successful entry of the personal CODE NUMBER.
If wrong numbers are entered, the beep will not sound. Press the start/clear button, then enter a correct personal CODE NUMBER.
The following numbers cannot be entered as CODE NUMBER;
- Any number where all digits are on the same button.
EXAMPLE: 1-2-1-2, 3-3-4-4
- Any number requiring sequential operation of the buttons.
EXAMPLE: 1-3-5-7, 7-5-3-1
- Any number with 3 or fewer digits.
- Any number with eight or more digits. Continuously pushing random buttons will cause the system so stop functioning for 6 to 30 seconds.
Unlocking doors, trunk, or opening the front windows and the sun roof
1. Press the start/clear button.
2. Enter your personal CODE NUMBER (4 to 7 digits). All doors will unlock.
3. Press the window (WDW) button to open the front windows and the sun roof.
4. Press the trunk (TRK) button to unlock the trunk lid.
If the keypads are depressed in any wrong combination 24 or more times, the anti-theft circuitry will turn the keypad lights/beeper off for 6 seconds. In addition, if the keypads are depressed in any wrong combination 80 or more times, the anti-theft circuitry will turn the keypad lights/beeper off for 30 seconds.
Before leaving the vehicle, be sure to press the lock (LCK) button and check to see that all doors are locked.
Locking doors and trunk lid
Remove the key from the ignition switch, close all doors and trunk lid and push the lock (LCK) button. All doors will lock.
Operating tips
- A warning buzzer will sound if the lock (LCK) button is pressed when the key is left in the ignition or any of the doors or trunk/back door are open.
- If the battery is disconnected for about 20 days, this may cancel the memorized personal CODE NUMBER. In that case, enter the personal CODE NUMBER again.
- If trouble occurs in the digital touch entry system, or if the fixed number plate is lost, contact your NISSAN dealer.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:09 PM

I learned how to use the keyless entry about 5-6 months ago. Couldn't live without it now.