3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 09:20 AM

I took my Max in this morning for a normal rotation and balance on the tires. When I got the car back I noticed that it was pulling to the left. Also, I noticed a few scratches on the rims where the tech apparently was careless as hell when he took them off. I took the car back and the !!ithead tech tells me that the tires are bad. They are only a year old. After much argument with these guys, I had to leave with my car pulling hard to the left. Any of you guys ever heard of this with pratically new tires? And, any suggestions on whether or not I should pursue having these guys somehow take the scratches off that they put there on the rims?

Joey
Old 06-13-2001, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by jehmaxima
I took my Max in this morning for a normal rotation and balance on the tires. When I got the car back I noticed that it was pulling to the left. Also, I noticed a few scratches on the rims where the tech apparently was careless as hell when he took them off. I took the car back and the !!ithead tech tells me that the tires are bad. They are only a year old. After much argument with these guys, I had to leave with my car pulling hard to the left. Any of you guys ever heard of this with pratically new tires? And, any suggestions on whether or not I should pursue having these guys somehow take the scratches off that they put there on the rims?

Joey

I would go and speak with the Service Manager and give them hell. I think all dealerships assume that all their customers are DUDs and know nothing about cars.

Tell them to rebalance the tires and check the alignment. Do you have the same exact tire on all 4 wheels?
Old 06-13-2001, 11:57 AM

same tires all around. I thought about calling up the service manager, just a year ago the same dealership changed the anitfreeze and forgot to put the cap back. I guess I should have known better, turns out they had a good deal on an oil change and tire rotation. So beware of Northside Nissan in Charleston, SC. :-)
Old 06-13-2001, 12:12 PM

thanks for the warning..

whereabouts in charleston are you from ? I come up there regularly.. seen loads of maximas there though.
Old 06-13-2001, 03:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whoop his ***. Your can should not pull if it was balanced and aligned properly. Even if it does pull and he blames it on the tires, what about the rim? Oh, yeah, I bet the tire did that too.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:01 PM

MENTOR

I'm from Mt. Pleasant. Just to let you guys know, I took the car out to another local Nissan dealership who had the car in their shop for 20 mins. and when they were done, the car drove better than ever! I ended up calling the other dealership that f'd me over and got 2 free oil changes out of it and some major *** smootching. Thanks for the encouragement! Laterz...

Joey
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Whoop his ***. Your can should not pull if it was balanced and aligned properly. Even if it does pull and he blames it on the tires, what about the rim? Oh, yeah, I bet the tire did that too.
Old 06-14-2001, 07:07 AM

Re: MENTOR

My brother lives in Dunes West and my sister in N. Charleston. Family vacations on Kiawah every August.
I'm up in Pittsburgh.
Was thinking of looking around for some used rims when I am down there. Any suggestions on where to look? Salvage shops or something.
Damn salt they use on the roads up here just eat the clear coat.
Glad to hear things worked out with your car!
Thanks

92SE 5 spd
Old 06-14-2001, 09:49 AM

PLUM88

cool man, let me know when your down this way my email is jehmaxima@yahoo.com. Maybe we can meet up and show off the Maxima's. I have a couple of friends here that have Maxima's but not into what makes them work. If your looking for some used rims there is a place in N. Charleston called Livingston's. Huge selection of stuff. I had to go out there just yesterday to get a shroud for the wheel well on mine where I went through a bunch of water and pulled the original off mine. Those guy out there have a huge selection of Maximas out in their yard. It was kinda sad seeing all those Maxima's, some cut in half and so forth...hehe. But let me know if I can help with anything while your in town...later.