3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Some pics of a recent project I have been working on (56k beware)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Im confused this is the one with the nice engine bay right? the one from your sig?
Old 04-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by N34JZ
Im confused this is the one with the nice engine bay right? the one from your sig?
haha yeah I know it looks a lot like my last one minus wheels. Just a nice clean low black 3rd gen with a kit .

My original intent was to keep it and enjoy it but things came up and I decided it was just time to move on one more time.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
no finished engine bay shots mike? it looks very good

I posted those a while back
but We didnt have time to clean up the engine bay so no new shots. Looks the same as post 88 except dirtier from sanding dust in there a little.

Originally Posted by MrGone
You're kind of pissing me off because I want one

and because while I know how inexpensive it is to do maximas, if you did the same work to older cars... you could bring in higher margins. Then again you probably wouldn't sell them but that's beside the point

Seriously Mike, if you do another 3rd gen promise me you'll start a company and start attaching numbers to the cars. They are awesome.

(however that needs moar spoiler )
haha well unfortunately I am done with 3rd gens now. No I probably wouldnt sell a an older car if I did this to them...plus the initial buy into a classic is much higher than a Maxima.

spoiler+Intrax+Stillen kit= not the right look for me.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=Michael]

haha well unfortunately I am done with 3rd gens now. No I probably wouldnt sell a an older car if I did this to them...plus the initial buy into a classic is much higher than a Maxima.
QUOTE]

wise man, moving onto 4th gens?........................lol
Old 04-28-2007, 06:49 PM

thats an awesome job.............what body kit is that anyway? i really like it.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by douellette
thats an awesome job.............what body kit is that anyway? i really like it.

Thanks its a Stillen kit.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Michael
Thanks its a Stillen kit.

you're so diplomatic to the noobs.

hey mike, i thought you still had one more 3rd gen laying around?
Old 04-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
you're so diplomatic to the noobs.

hey mike, i thought you still had one more 3rd gen laying around?

yeah I am a patient man lol.

well there is another black 3rd gen here at the house I am going to paint (gotta take a week or two off before I start it though) but its not mine. It belongs to a good friend of mine and is actually in really good shape body wise (very little body work needs to be done) but I am going to have a tough time with the paint on it because the car lot he got it from just took a da to it and sanded it then painted it with a crappy single stage (very dull and you can see the DA sand scratches all over the car). There are several places where the paint is peeling off since they didnt sand close to the windows and such. It will still be a lot of work but just not body work.

oh and about the 4th gen...I doubt I will get into them (I know you were joking). If I do another car for myself that is not a classic it will be a 2 door rear wheel drive car (I would still love to own an s13 coupe) but I dont see me getting into anything else. I saw a 66 chevelle in town the other day that made me want my car running so bad. He had some nice 17s on it and I could tell it was a manual because of the shifting. The only thing he needed was some suspension work because it rolled bad when he turned. It made me want to get my shop up and start on my car but alas it will be a little while still. I have too many classics laying around I can work on to move onto another import.

I have my 66 (a couple of parts 66s as well that could actually be fixed), a 50 and 53 models Chevy trucks (one has the 3 window back glass...one in the center and one each in the back corners of the cab), and a 68 Chevy truck (my dads truck he had as I was growing up...long wheel base or I would have worked on it already).

We also have a rail buggy that my dad made when I was a kid. We had a lot of fun in that thing and I learned to drive a stick (well drive period) in it when I was 12 or so. Its got a worn out motor but I am seriously thinking of getting it and stripping the paint (just rails and a floor pan...shouldnt be hard) and paint it a nice color then dropping in a rebuilt motor and have some fun in it. It all just takes money though and with the stuff I need to do to the house and build my shop I just dont have any right now.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:30 PM

exellent pictures!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:51 PM

NICE!!! I wish I had Time and Money to do all that stuff!!