3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

so i can finally see

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

so i can finally see

well ive been getting all this together

E36's

Custom e36 brackets

HID

wade covers

finally got it started

pretty much all i need to do is wade covers, and im dreading it

anyway here are (huge) pics

http://www.surrattracing.com/images/HID/DSC00492.JPG
http://www.surrattracing.com/images/HID/DSC00506.JPG
http://www.surrattracing.com/images/HID/DSC00494.JPG
http://www.surrattracing.com/images/HID/DSC00503.JPG

comments suggestons welcome

i was worried about them blinding oncomming traffic, but i think i got them aimed good, i drove around for a while and no one flashed, soo idk
Old 06-07-2007, 07:33 PM
heresmymind

that glare SUCKS bro. I'm glad you can see cause others wont be able to. PnP (plug n play) hid kits burn real fast. and 6000k-12000k are bad for glare. acclimate weather. and light output. You would have better output with the euro e36 lights with regular halogen bulbs for 180$ :-( wish you talked to me before you went out and spent that... tear*

Old 06-07-2007, 07:39 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Looks like you got them aimed pretty well. That's the way to do it, aim them up against a wall

Also, did you buy that 'kit' for the e36 install? Man, I should have made a kit and sell them on eBay like that. Do you have any pics of how the lights installed with the kit (as far as lining up and whatnot)
Old 06-07-2007, 07:41 PM
heresmymind

Old 06-07-2007, 07:43 PM

I think the camera is making it look worse than it is. If people dont flash you any more, than what's the problem? If you really want to make sure, get your car, and a buddys car, park even with, but 50 feet apart with the lights on. Get out of your cars and walk 100 feet and look at the lights, you'd be able to tell if your lights are mis-aligned, and if you'll be blinding anyone. Your buddy's lights will be used for comparison of what most people's headlights look like.

EDIT: OK, post #4 is a lot more accurate lol..... he got to post it before I was dont typing mine lol
Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by heresmymind
acclimate weather
hahahahaha

acclimate weather?
do you mean inclement?

me fail english? that's unpossible!

Anyway, the lights look good and will look even better with the covers. It's really hard to tell any kind of output or glare from pictures so I wouldn't worry about that.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

it's "OK" but there's not much of an cutoff. looks like two "*****" pointing up from the lights.

hope the glare is not that bad.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

ya i think the camera is making it look bad,

they look like stock hids to me, they arent that fake *** blue, purple crap, they really dont hurt my eyes eather

ya here is a pic
http://www.surrattracing.com/images/...%20(Small).JPG
Old 06-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»
hahahahaha

acclimate weather?
do you mean inclement?

me fail english? that's unpossible!

Anyway, the lights look good and will look even better with the covers. It's really hard to tell any kind of output or glare from pictures so I wouldn't worry about that.

Heresnomind.. Really, be a **** and try to be helpful?!

Don't dread the wade covers. They really aren't too bad because they are designed to fit our bodies perfect. You really don't even need to seal the, I've seen them on Craigs and they look good. Just may need to clean them more often if you go that route.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

wish you found that pic before you put this masterpiece together.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=502783

the guy is trying here...we didn't beat you up for trying. cut him some slack. just because you're on hidplanet 24/7 doesn't make you an "lighting god". of course i would love to see him run some Hella Gen3, Phillips D2S (85122+ or even 85122 WX w/ the purple insulator), and some E46 projects with washer mod for added color cut off....maybe even some TSX projectors....ok i digress...you get my point.

LOL nice job editing your post man!

Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Hahahahahaha, womp!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 PM

Looks bright, now if you hit something there is no excuse, lol. But, a few points if I may:

A. What is that crazy pixelated car aiming nonsense? Here, straight from the horse's mouth:

B. Why shoot in such high resolution if your camera cant focus anyway?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:03 AM

Where Did You Get The Headlight Bracket???
Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 AM
heresmymind

haha u pulled up a pic where my headlight was sitting on my hood! GJ!.. NOT also that pic and that headlight was before I knew anything about true hids. back in the newb days of headlights.

i was just showing him how to aim. which he'll have to have them lower so he dont blind people. Personally I think the best set up for our cars would be a TL bixenon in our black euro headlights w/ a black shroud.

those headlight brackets used to sell on ebay for like 100$. they fit the us spec e36s not the euros unfort.

that pic of aiming came from university section of hidplanet.

in no way am i trying to put him down. I am trying to tell him for the same money he could of had much better results. and SAFER results. trust me i made my mistakes. i went through blue ricer bulbs. a PnP kit. and 6000k hids before. Live and Learn. thats all. true OEM stuff is the way to go:-p

As for my typo yay for fire fox and me just being .

Old 06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

regardless where was the headlight the point was that the headlight itself had the wrong cutoff. it could've been on the hood, on the roof, on your garbage pail...the cutoff was wrong regardless. here's you admiting that the cutoff was indeed incorrectly installed.

#2 the shields were fixed. sorry didn't think thats what he meant. but its all set now:-p
the point is that everyone starts somewhere. this guy started to do this project and you ripped on him for not using the correct cut off and him to use different HID components etc etc. (again nice job editing out your statement). we never ripped on you for messing up. i posted that link to show you that you made mistakes and no one gave you a hard time about it. why don't you stop being so arrogrant and help out the member instead of ripping on him. that was my point. you didn't tell him to use components...you made it sound like his set up was crap. it wasn't just only me that saw it before you edited it out.

at this point i really don't care what was said...but you need to check your attitude at the door before you hit reply.

what's with the "NOT" stuff? let's try and be a little adult here..ok?

haha u pulled up a pic where my headlight was sitting on my hood! GJ!.. NOT also that pic and that headlight was before I knew anything about true hids. back in the newb days of headlights.

i was just showing him how to aim. which he'll have to have them lower so he dont blind people. Personally I think the best set up for our cars would be a TL bixenon in our black euro headlights w/ a black shroud.

those headlight brackets used to sell on ebay for like 100$. they fit the us spec e36s not the euros unfort.

that pic of aiming came from university section of hidplanet.

in no way am i trying to put him down. I am trying to tell him for the same money he could of had much better results. and SAFER results. trust me i made my mistakes. i went through blue ricer bulbs. a PnP kit. and 6000k hids before. Live and Learn. thats all. true OEM stuff is the way to go:-p

As for my typo yay for fire fox and me just being .
Old 06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

lol, but ya

once aimed right, and wade covers on, ill be done, and dont care what everyone else thinks

thanks