3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

To anyone who has a Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 10:38 AM

To anyone who has a Turbo...

I might be joining your ranks! I found guy who does R&R for a company (he wishes to remain unnamed along with this company for legal reasons)who said that he would be "more than happy to fit a custom turbo application" and it pretty much came down to I only had to pay for parts! Does anyone have a write up of any sort that I could give him to speed up the process? Any tips/tricks/glitches, things to look out for, etc. Im so excited!!! And he is talking about if things go well, and if possible, throwing any idea at his superior that they should make a kit if possible! YES!! And now its time to start saving :-)
Thanks
Jay
Old 09-29-2001, 11:01 AM

Who else has a turbo here? anybody want mine? I am thinking about selling mine.
Old 09-29-2001, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Czar
do you really want to sell it? because i might buy, but how much?
Old 09-30-2001, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by Czar
!!!! WHAT ????

WHY???
Old 09-30-2001, 12:56 AM

RitalinBoy, if this guy is serious, he shouldn't need instructions. You're in trouble if he does........
Old 09-30-2001, 08:53 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

YEAH

Originally posted by Lordrandall
RitalinBoy, if this guy is serious, he shouldn't need instructions. You're in trouble if he does........
I was gonna say the same thing.
and what the heck is going on did someone make this turbo
3rd gen month or something?
Old 09-30-2001, 06:34 PM

Not instructions, just so he knows about problems other people have had so that he can avoid them. He knows what he is doing as this is a very large company and I dont think they would have a dumbass working for them. At least I hope not. So no one has anything on common problems? Ohh well, he should have plenty of time to work everything out. He is going to have it all winter while its in "storage"
RB
Old 10-01-2001, 12:39 PM

Aww CRAP!

Well, as the message was being passed from person to person, some dumbass said SUPERcharger. So, after taking my car in, he says something along the lines of it being better off for me to turbo. Grrr... So now I need to head to Illionis to talk to some other guy about a TURBO not SUPER charger. So Im looking at a 3 hour drive to a guy that says he might be able to, but he needs to see my car first. Damnit, maybe I should just get NOS and be happy.
RB
Old 10-01-2001, 01:19 PM

i just ordered my custom supercharger last friday from capa performance. should b here within a month. i caint wait its going 2 be alsome.
Old 10-01-2001, 01:32 PM

i just ordered my custom supercharger last friday from capa performance. should b here within a month. i caint wait its going 2 be alsome.
Old 10-01-2001, 04:14 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

Originally posted by MaxTypeR
hey you got any info on that supercharger? sounds interesting...i think a couple VG guys around my area would want that and then i can make some money on the install...lemme know man

hey wassup with all the TypeR stuff man? you know Nissan dont make TypeR's rite? thats Honda....
Old 10-01-2001, 04:20 PM

rice...
Old 10-01-2001, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max

hey you got any info on that supercharger? sounds interesting...i think a couple VG guys around my area would want that and then i can make some money on the install...lemme know man

hey wassup with all the TypeR stuff man? you know Nissan dont make TypeR's rite? thats Honda....
all i know is that the supercharger is custom made and it might not fit my maxima. i have to wait to get it because it is made for a different kind of vg engine and i need to have somebody modify it so it will fit on my maxima. capa performance said that it should work on a 190 hp engine but i think i have a 160 hp engine so i just have to wait till i get the supercharger and see if it will fit. and the TypeR stuff is from the nissans in japan that are TypeR. Japan is the only place that sells TypeR stuff.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:31 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.......

and the TypeR stuff is from the nissans in japan that are TypeR.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:34 PM

im in the sig y?
Old 10-02-2001, 12:36 AM
STFU n00b!

Please disreguard anything this boy/child/person/whatever says. not a single bit of it is believeable.
Old 10-02-2001, 01:12 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

all i know is that the supercharger is custom made and it might not fit my maxima. i have to wait to get it because it is made for a different kind of vg engine and i need to have somebody modify it so it will fit on my maxima. capa performance said that it should work on a 190 hp engine but i think i have a 160 hp engine so i just have to wait till i get the supercharger and see if it will fit. and the TypeR stuff is from the nissans in japan that are TypeR. Japan is the only place that sells TypeR stuff.
huh? Japan Nissan what??? Nissan dont make no TypeR stuff in USA or Japan. they have some GT-R stuff....that aint TypeR...
WHere is Capa performance? they have a website or sumthin? the 190hp motor is the VE rite? since you have the 160hp motor thats the VG.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:25 AM

huh? Japan Nissan what??? Nissan dont make no TypeR stuff in USA or Japan. they have some GT-R stuff....that aint TypeR...
WHere is Capa performance? they have a website or sumthin? the 190hp motor is the VE rite? since you have the 160hp motor thats the VG.
oh i thought it was TypeR stuff. the dude i bought my maxima off of told me that he had special edition nissan TypeR parts that came from japan. so ur saying in nissan got GT-R stuff and not TypeR? well some things I got on my car is TypeR must be from a honda then like the paint job and the shoulder pads and the stickers. well i always thought i had a 190 hp engine because thats what the owner before me told me and then people on here told me i got a 160 hp engine. capa performance has a website its www.capa.com.au but they dont list the nissan vg supercharger in the website u got to call them up and special order it.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:30 AM

ok, are you saying you have things on your car that say type R? god dude, that's ghetto on hondas, WHERE IT BELONGS. if you have anything on your max that says "type R" or just a big R please remove it for your own sake as much as all of us!
Old 10-02-2001, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by flyry110
ok, are you saying you have things on your car that say type R? god dude, that's ghetto on hondas, WHERE IT BELONGS. if you have anything on your max that says "type R" or just a big R please remove it for your own sake as much as all of us!
im taking off the TypeR stickers today and the TypeR shoulder pads too but the TypeR yellow paint job stays. i have to call nopi and ask for some GT-R stickers and GT-R shoulder pads.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:38 AM

ok, but i wouldn't tell anyone it's "type R" yellow. and at least you're takin off the R badging. shouldn't you wait till your fast to put the GTR emblems on? my buddy phil run's 12's in his max and we still give him crap for the GTR badge!
Old 10-02-2001, 09:47 AM

ok, but i wouldn't tell anyone it's "type R" yellow. and at least you're takin off the R badging. shouldn't you wait till your fast to put the GTR emblems on? my buddy phil run's 12's in his max and we still give him crap for the GTR badge!
it will take like 2 weeks to get my GT-R badges and then soon after that i get my supercharger so then i will be allowed to have a GT-R badge because i will have a supercharger and i will be faster than Czar.
Old 10-02-2001, 09:54 AM

yeah, that'll be cool when you get the blower, but you won't be able to run alot of boost till you do the internals. . . .the list just keeps going and going and going. . . . but if you get a supercharger, i'll be the first one to pat you on the back.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:00 AM

yeah, that'll be cool when you get the blower, but you won't be able to run alot of boost till you do the internals. . . .the list just keeps going and going and going. . . . but if you get a supercharger, i'll be the first one to pat you on the back.
and what if the supercharger doesnt fit? then im screwed or i will have to pay more money to have someone modify it to fit but i really dont want to spend more money to modify it. the supercharger alone costs $2800 plus shipping fee.
Old 10-02-2001, 04:23 PM

yeah, that'll be cool when you get the blower, but you won't be able to run alot of boost till you do the internals. . .
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenope!
Old 10-02-2001, 04:24 PM

and what if the supercharger doesnt fit? then im screwed or i will have to pay more money to have someone modify it to fit but i really dont want to spend more money to modify it. the supercharger alone costs $2800 plus shipping fee.
it will be even worse if the mythical supercharger does fit cause my guess is you would blow your engine within 10 days of installation. then you would be out the price of a supercharger and an engine.
Old 10-02-2001, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by amax935
it will be even worse if the mythical supercharger does fit cause my guess is you would blow your engine within 10 days of installation. then you would be out the price of a supercharger and an engine.
Lime Rock, November 10th?