3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd gen headlights from Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by 2Legal4Me
Its quit a challenge though? But then again thats with all custom jobs. Alot of measurement were made to get the pattern lines from both right and left headlights to align up to give that razor image. Just recently i converted to the euro lense after running with stock flutter lense for quit some time and o boy what a difference of usable light. The stock lense works fine up until a certain distance and then from there the eruo lense goes a bit futher with the nike check lines being seen from off the sholder lanes of the road and other cars. Just recently i have seached the org to find out how to get the lo-beam to stay on with the hi-beam and there are two methods that can be done here Either a Diode (IN5404) , Or a relay setup. From what i read both work fine so i will be doing one this weekend and then i will take a few pic of the rear housing for you. Fiberglass was used to hold and mend the back of the stock housing and the j30 front sheild originally chrome was also fitted and fiberglass into the stockers as well to give a nice apperence with the euro lense. Someday this weekend i will take some night photo of the light and pattern.
did you have to do any frame cutting to get the lowbeam to clear?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
did you have to do any frame cutting to get the lowbeam to clear?
yes the radiator support where the headlight lies had to trimmed a bit to clear the highbeams back end and also the headlight frame itself to add adjustment. I know it sucks that i cannot provide a detailed description on this heavily custom mod, Its one of these things you just have to try through trials and tribulations to get it to work. believe me it wasn't easy at all alot of swearing and tools tossed around and lots of other things broken in the process but in the end alot of compliments for max owners i meet in traffic here in az and then it becomes worth while. But i haven't forgot about those pictures. this weekend when i pull the headlight out i take some close and detailed shot for you to see
Old 08-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

yes the radiator support where the headlight lies had to trimmed a bit to clear the highbeams back end and also the headlight frame itself to add adjustment. I know it sucks that i cannot provide a detailed description on this heavily custom mod, Its one of these things you just have to try through trials and tribulations to get it to work. believe me it wasn't easy at all alot of swearing and tools tossed around and lots of other things broken in the process but in the end alot of compliments for max owners i meet in traffic here in az and then it becomes worth while. But i haven't forgot about those pictures. this weekend when i pull the headlight out i take some close and detailed shot for you to see
sweet you da man!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM

i must say, i am impressed and glad you finally finished it. you beat me to the punch buddy. i have yet finished mine.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

i still have mine sitting around. I have 2 sets, actually, 1 for each Maxima.

lowbeam pattern: sittin' on the bed:

I'm thinkin' i'm gonna modify the cutoff tho... make it sweep up a lil bit on the right instead of stepping up a tiny tiny tiny bit

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 08-19-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:17 PM

i finally did get the euro headlights for mine but haven't gotten around to retrofit the euro lens to the e36 housing along with the 7000k CCFL angel eyes. still an ongoing project that will continue for a long time until i have enough time to actually finish it.