3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

muh baby got hit

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 PM

muh baby got hit

I cant stand the fricken traffic circle here, its always nothing but accidents. People dont know how to use them. you yield to whoever is in the circle already, right?

Well, basically i was going south from the north side of it on the INSIDE lane, so i have the right of way to yield and turn out of the circle. The other person, going from west to east, was on the outside going east so therefore she got in the way of my correct exit of the circle. i tired to brake, but i hit her fkn back bumper. It was a S10 truck, and my headlight is smashed and my bumper is scuffed

She was a absolute BISH about it. All she did was complain how its my fault, i rear ended her, etc. I had the right of way, so its her fault. I got her info just incase, but what can i do for a busted headlight. She didnt want my info and after 5 minutes she kept whining she had to go so i guess all i can do is get a new headlight
Old 08-28-2009, 09:21 PM

always always always call the cops and get a report. Just because you get a report doesn't mean you have to do anything. But without it you can get screwed.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:23 PM

yeah, i'll have to get one, this sucks
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 PM

well, all i have to do now is get a new headlight. theres one at the junkyard i'll get tomorrow morning. They just unscrew, right?

really i think she knew it was her fault, if i wanted to get cops involved i think they would side with me. theres countless accidents at that circle everyday because people dont know how to use them. theres always the chance they could lie too and its just a mountain out of a mole hill for a headlight and buffable scratches. would have been nice to get a couple of twenties to pay for the headlight but what can you do

i'm just thankful i didnt get totaled or anything
Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by chrome91
well, all i have to do now is get a new headlight. theres one at the junkyard i'll get tomorrow morning. They just unscrew, right?

really i think she knew it was her fault, if i wanted to get cops involved i think they would side with me. theres countless accidents at that circle everyday because people dont know how to use them. theres always the chance they could lie too and its just a mountain out of a mole hill for a headlight and buffable scratches. would have been nice to get a couple of twenties to pay for the headlight but what can you do

i'm just thankful i didnt get totaled or anything
2 10mm bolts from the side, 2 10mm nuts under the hood near the side of the radiator
Old 08-29-2009, 04:03 AM

I bet yah baby actually did get hit, you just don't know about it yet. Now about the car..
Old 08-29-2009, 09:20 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Since the car is okay, more importantly - was she hot?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:37 AM

lol, decent, but blondes do not know how to use the circle

i should have checked here but i went without looking at this thread this morning and tried to get the headlight but couldnt get it. what makes it worse is i thought dirt was allover the engine, bit its oil allover, including the headlight. Ive got someone coming with me there on monday to help me and its sunny here for the next week so my headlight should be fine
Old 08-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Way out West

Sorry to hear about your accident, doesn't sound like anything bad. If you don't mess up any metal, it's usually fixable yourself.

Our town will be installing two traffic circles for sure in the next year, possibly two more in the next five years.

I am definitely not looking forward to all of the idiot drivers here trying to use the circles.

The city installed a new set of stop signs on a fairly busy road a few months ago and I have almost been in two accidents due to people "forgetting" that the signs are even there and driving through them without even looking.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

It's weird that I've been hearing alot of talk lately about how much safer traffic circles are over our typical stop-light intersection and people lobbying for the U.S. to start using more traffic circles but y'alls experience seems to indicate otherwise
Old 08-29-2009, 07:57 PM
mod or sell?

single lane traffic circles are safe, it's the multi lane ones that are dangerous IMO
Old 08-29-2009, 08:26 PM

yeah, the one here is a double. the crashes always happen when someone on the inside is signaling to go out and the people on the outside dont know to wait and then comes the crash.

Ive literally almost been hit at least 50 times so it was only time before it happened.

Ive never seen a intersection crash happen except for once. i think it was when i was 14 and i was in a diner near a intersection, one guy was going like 70 and a car was stopped for a red light. he swerved to not rear end the car, flipped, caught air, and crushed a pedestrian halfway in the crosswalk.

Anyways, ive got the guy coming with me monday morning for the headlight and i can get it all done then,
Old 08-30-2009, 03:07 AM

I hate the damn things. The statistics "say" they are safer, but from what I have seen here, the statistics are BS. I think they cause more accidents, but since the accidents are at slower speeds, they are considered safer because of less injuries.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Way out West

Originally Posted by jonmandude
I hate the damn things. The statistics "say" they are safer, but from what I have seen here, the statistics are BS. I think they cause more accidents, but since the accidents are at slower speeds, they are considered safer because of less injuries.
that's the same info our city put out.

IIRC, the city said it would eliminate t-bone and head on accidents at the intersections. They failed to mention the increase in all of the "dumb *** driver" accidents, where things like the OP posted happens.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 AM

its pathetic. yesterday at work i told someone about it and they said "i like the way you say the circle noone knows how to use"

what else clogs up those things is pedestrians, if one car slows down or stops on that thing youre gonna get a junk load of rear endings. i dont know why they dont just get rid of that stupid circle
Old 08-31-2009, 02:42 PM

well, got it done. not fun at all, those headlights are a pain. the screws are in such a bad place.

anyways, the guy and me got the new headlight in, and i had a cracked cornerlight from a long time ago so i replaced that. got the scratches buffed and its all good.

sad thing is i went back to picknpull because my hood piston holder upper thingies dont hold much and my hood slams down, and the junkyard car has perfect ones. got there, forget my dam toolbox. on the way home, some idiot in a smart car tried to drift a tight corner in rushhour traffic and got his rear end clipped by a car. surprised the thing never flipped
Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 PM

Proof that just because it's called a "smart" car, there are still idiot drivers
Old 08-31-2009, 06:26 PM

he got pwnzorz though, and it was a tight squeeze, 1.5 maybe 2 carlengths and he tried to drift and blast through

i was going to pull over but the 2 people ahead did so i figured no need. wish someone did that for me when i got nailed, noone stopped except a dude on a bike 10 minutes after who asked if i had a phone

i'm literally dodging the circle now, too big of a pain. its worth a extra 5 minutes to skip it
Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 PM

topic change but not worth a new thread. lol

the guy that worked with me fixing this damage is the same one that helped me with the rust, a family friend who has worked on cars for 75-80 years and built his own Model T from a wrecked one back in the early 1900's. when he saw my engine bay (which is dirty from age) he said i should rinse it down at the car wash. I always thought that on old cars thats one of the dont-do's because of old wires and such but he said its absolutely fine and even more so on a quality car like a Nissan, just start the car right after before any water absorbs

true? if so, she needs a rinse bad. not second guessing his word but just want to make sure
Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 AM

Not true. Don't do it. Buy EngineBrite or another engine cleaner/degreaser. Cover all wiring, alternator, spark plug wiring, etc with aluminum foil to protect from water. Spray the cleaner on the engine, in particular the really greasy areas you want cleaned. Let sit 5 minutes. Get hose. Lightly spray water onto that area to rinse it off. Then get a scrub brush/tooth brush/rag and go around detailing highly oily areas.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by chrome91
topic change but not worth a new thread. lol

the guy that worked with me fixing this damage is the same one that helped me with the rust, a family friend who has worked on cars for 75-80 years and built his own Model T from a wrecked one back in the early 1900's. when he saw my engine bay (which is dirty from age) he said i should rinse it down at the car wash. I always thought that on old cars thats one of the dont-do's because of old wires and such but he said its absolutely fine and even more so on a quality car like a Nissan, just start the car right after before any water absorbs

true? if so, she needs a rinse bad. not second guessing his word but just want to make sure
Shiet, how old is this guy? I always used to wash my 3rd gen's engine, it was so clean you could eat off it. Its been nearly 1.5 years since I've driven the car and its been sitting in my driveway, the engine is literally still sparkling clean with just a hint of dust you can blow off or wipe and its shiny!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM

lol, hes 94 or 95 i think. he was in WW2 and he fought and got his legs screwed up but didnt ask for discharge and fought through it, yet hes still helping me on the Maxima. He found or bought the Model T for cheap, then gathered his own parts and made it running again. he went from frame up all by himself at 13 and finished it when he was 14 which is pretty impressive

he worked at a car dealership in the 50's too so he got to see all the sweet bel-air's and stuff new, you can learn more about cars from him in a hour than anyone else.