4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need help: leatherseats.com install

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 05:45 AM

Need help: leatherseats.com install

I started doing my install last night. Got the back seats done no problem, they look real nice. Started working on the front passenger seat. Got the bottom half (where your butt goes) all finished. I then started working on the upper half (where your back rests) and I got kind of stuck. I got the cover over the seat and sitting properly, but I cant figure out how the hell youre supposed to get the hog rings in (where the two-tone color is in the center of the seat). I tried to slide my arm up the front of the seat and put one in but its to tight. Am I doing something wrong? I cant see how you could do it any other way....you have to put the whole cover over the seat, so its unlike all the other hog ring areas where you have easy access. Please be specific with any replies. Thanks

shaz
Old 07-17-2002, 12:02 AM

Re: Need help: leatherseats.com install

have another person push down the leather so u can clip to the foam.. and wait till u try to zip the cover... use brutal force, the leather is tougher than u think~~~~ have fun!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:49 AM

Re: Re: Need help: leatherseats.com install

Originally posted by maxi98
have another person push down the leather so u can clip to the foam.. and wait till u try to zip the cover... use brutal force, the leather is tougher than u think~~~~ have fun!!!
I'm realizing the front seats are almost impossible to do by yourself. I was pushing on the leather to try to clip from the back like you said but I was nervous I was going to pierce the leather instead of just getting the ring. At any rate, I think the zipper is probably impossible without two people. I'll give it another go tonight after work... =/

Also, is it normal for there to be a small gap (maybe an inch) where the lower part of the seat meets the upper part? its only noticable from an angle if the seat is leaning back

shaz
Old 07-18-2002, 12:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Need help: leatherseats.com install

there is a gap, happens on mine~~ and like i said, have another person pushes down the leather so u can concentrate on clipping the leather. as for the zipper, the space is very very limited, so use brutal force
Old 07-18-2002, 05:47 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys, I finally got the passenger seat done, looks really nice. Now all i gotta do is the drivers seat, but I gotta wait till I can get someone over to help cause I gotta do it all in one shot.

I think I must be retarded cause the only other problem I had was putting the rear center console back in. I had it sitting out so long I forget how it went back together. I've got 4 bolts sitting around but no screws for them. i guess I'll figure it out eventually

shaz