4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I'm not a big fan of Altezza but....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002 | 08:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Mad Dhan

The way i see it is an oppurtunity to have a different car every once in a while. I mean if u have 2 of the same car you would never want to drive one of the 2.
They both are completely different cars.
One is a completely bone stock Maxima. Automatic, Bose, Leather, Auto Climate control...basically a luxury sports sedan.
Mine:
** V2 Supercharged pumping 268 hp at the wheels (267.7 to be exact)
** 5 speed with ACT clutch & STS for quick engagement.
** 2.5" axle-back exhaust.
** Handling with KYB AGX & B&G Springs, FSTB, RSB, RSTB, etc
** superlight rims & wide sticky tires.
** Cosmetic changes by Stillen, MOMO & of course the Altezza.
** ...boy the list is too big!!
They are COMPLETELY different cars. That pic is from December last year. A lot has changed since then.
The only 5-speed I could find in WHOLE Chicago & Milwaukee metropolitan area was another Icelandic Pearl White Maxima. I will compromise on other options but not on a Manual Transmission....NEVER!!
Old 09-17-2002 | 08:43 AM

Originally posted by EZEMaxima
I wanted the gunmetal but procarparts told me they are not coming out anytime soon.

DAMN I SHOULD HAVE WAITED LONGER!!!!!
When I originally posted this thread, I found those lights on eBay with a starting bid @ $149 and the seller was procarparts... So, they DO have them or they wouldn't put them out on ebay. Now, why do they tell you they are not coming out anytime soon, I have no idea.

Tifosi
Old 09-17-2002 | 08:45 AM

Originally posted by Mmmaxx
Ok guys, i did a quick p'shop with this cf gen2's on a sterling mist maxima. Im still getting used to this tablet after 5 years of straight mouse in photoshop, so its pretty grim quality, but the point gets across. Disregard the writing, I was playing around hehe
Image can be seen here, to large to insert into reply..
http://www.afexstyle.com/sterlinggen2.jpg
Sil SE, are you seeing this? Doesn't look too bad at all!
Old 09-17-2002 | 08:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry, I felt bad about that scribbling on the first one, hes a cleaner one with to much compression.

Old 09-17-2002 | 10:02 AM
living out of a maxima...

depsite my long-time membership in the "I hate Altezzas cause they're ugly as hell" club, I must admit that those look pretty good on that car.
Old 09-17-2002 | 10:05 AM

Originally posted by dashingMax

They both are completely different cars.
One is a completely bone stock Maxima. Automatic, Bose, Leather, Auto Climate control...basically a luxury sports sedan.
Mine:
** V2 Supercharged pumping 268 hp at the wheels (267.7 to be exact)
** 5 speed with ACT clutch & STS for quick engagement.
** 2.5" axle-back exhaust.
** Handling with KYB AGX & B&G Springs, FSTB, RSB, RSTB, etc
** superlight rims & wide sticky tires.
** Cosmetic changes by Stillen, MOMO & of course the Altezza.
** ...boy the list is too big!!
They are COMPLETELY different cars. That pic is from December last year. A lot has changed since then.
The only 5-speed I could find in WHOLE Chicago & Milwaukee metropolitan area was another Icelandic Pearl White Maxima. I will compromise on other options but not on a Manual Transmission....NEVER!!

still, how often do u drive ur wifes car? All im saying is youd proabably drive her car more often than now if she didnt have the same car. No doubt your cars are different, but when you sit inside both going strait down the street,i think it will feel the same. Not so much physically, but mentally. My girlfiend has a civic and sometines its fun to drive that around, if she had a maxima, i might have drieven it one or twice. Well im just babbleing what i think, and to u that doesnt really matter so if ur happy with ur cars then thats good.........man did we go OT.
Old 09-17-2002 | 10:29 AM

Might sound like a stupid question but would there be much work in getting a set of these to fit a 95-96 Maxima
Old 09-17-2002 | 10:34 AM
Custom User Title...

Originally posted by steeo
Might sound like a stupid question but would there be much work in getting a set of these to fit a 95-96 Maxima
if people can get 97-99 stock lights to fit their 95/96, i'd assume you can do the same for these altezza's. just swap the trunk and maybe bumper and i bet it'd fit. (if you really want them that bad)
Old 09-17-2002 | 10:46 AM

not bad, they should come out with a set thats already primed so that we can just have them painted body color
Old 09-17-2002 | 11:07 AM

well if anybody is interested i want to get rid of my gen2 altezzas. i want stock tails. or if any of you are taking your red-clears out for these i would be interested. somebody could paint these if they really wanted to
http://images.cardomain.com/installs...01_10_full.jpg
Old 09-17-2002 | 01:49 PM

Originally posted by 96shogunmax
well if anybody is interested i want to get rid of my gen2 altezzas. i want stock tails. or if any of you are taking your red-clears out for these i would be interested. somebody could paint these if they really wanted to
http://images.cardomain.com/installs...01_10_full.jpg
No offence, but white Maximas look AMAZING with red/clears and ****ty with anything other than that... Please, all white maximas, do yourself a favor and get or make red/clears... The look improves 100X on a black max, but 23910478320947239847 billion times on a white max cuz there are only 2 colors, white and red on the back (exempt symbols cuz they don't show that much)...
Old 09-17-2002 | 02:03 PM

Originally posted by RastaManMax

No offence, but white Maximas look AMAZING with red/clears and ****ty with anything other than that... Please, all white maximas, do yourself a favor and get or make red/clears... The look improves 100X on a black max, but 23910478320947239847 billion times on a white max cuz there are only 2 colors, white and red on the back (exempt symbols cuz they don't show that much)...

my thoughts exactly but if anybody here is going to get these gen 2 lights. i was wanting to buy their stock ones. people do have different opinions.
Old 09-17-2002 | 04:45 PM

does anyone know when the GEN2s are coming out for 95-96 and why they havent come out already? thanks
Old 09-17-2002 | 05:17 PM

because 95-96's suck j/k, no it's actually because there's always more demand to "mod" (if you consider ricetezzas moding) newer cars, thats why the 97-99 came out first, they'll probably come for 95-96 later, but the demand is higher in newer cars.
Old 09-17-2002 | 06:40 PM
Custom User Title

if people can get 97-99 stock lights to fit their 95/96, i'd assume you can do the same for these altezza's. just swap the trunk and maybe bumper and i bet it'd fit. (if you really want them that bad)
Did someone punish that ferarri for having altezzas or something??
Old 09-17-2002 | 07:14 PM

Originally posted by RastaManMax

Umm...sorry I have red/clears on my white Max and just because there only 2 different colors on the back doesn't make it look any better. It actually needs another color to keep it from looking too plain. My parents, my friends, and me all like my old gen-1 chrommies more than my red/clears.

Look at the Altima's tail lights...the white Altys look the best with their new tail lights cause the chrome compliments the white. The only complaint I have with chrome on the 4th-gens is that that the tail lights are too big to have all that chrome. That's why this thread came up, because the new carbon fibers don't stand out and look very tasteful. Most people will tell you they are a much better-looking alternative to the boring stock tails, especially on a white Max.
Old 09-17-2002 | 08:06 PM

Originally posted by sidewinder740

Umm...sorry I have red/clears on my white Max and just because there only 2 different colors on the back doesn't make it look any better. It actually needs another color to keep it from looking too plain. My parents, my friends, and me all like my old gen-1 chrommies more than my red/clears.

Look at the Altima's tail lights...the white Altys look the best with their new tail lights cause the chrome compliments the white. The only complaint I have with chrome on the 4th-gens is that that the tail lights are too big to have all that chrome. That's why this thread came up, because the new carbon fibers look are actually a very tasteful and I think much better looking alternative to the boring stock tails.
LOOK people have opinions.............and i agree with this
Old 09-17-2002 | 08:21 PM

The other day I saw this '94 Honda Accord with some nice red clear tailights. The lights were red and had two circular leds on each side. There was a smaller clear opening near the top. They looked just like the taillights of the new Jaguar S-type. I don't if those are new-style headlights or he just modified his trunk to fit them. They would look really nice on a Maxima. Does anyone know what the red/clears on custommaximas website for the 95&96 maximas will look like? Are they just the same as the hand-made ones or something slightly different?
Old 09-18-2002 | 12:03 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Originally posted by athlon omega
The other day I saw this '94 Honda Accord with some nice red clear tailights. The lights were red and had two circular leds on each side. There was a smaller clear opening near the top. They looked just like the taillights of the new Jaguar S-type. I don't if those are new-style headlights or he just modified his trunk to fit them. They would look really nice on a Maxima. Does anyone know what the red/clears on custommaximas website for the 95&96 maximas will look like? Are they just the same as the hand-made ones or something slightly different?
Those are actually sold for 94-96 accords i think... I noticed the jaguar style right away. These would be awesome on any car because they're not ricey looking at all. They look stock and not out of place like those chromish ones.

There are only 3 Altezzas i like: the jaguar style accords, the carbon 3 circle integras, and these carbon gen2 maximas
Old 09-18-2002 | 01:51 AM
MAX

I have gun metal altezzas on sterling mist, and I think they look great. Almost matches the paint. I currently have no pics, but hopefully some of the DC crew will vouch for me. I know there are many altezza haters on these forums, and I don't know why. The red/clear tails(at least for 97-99) look awfully similar to stock civic tails to me. Not that I think they look BAD, but it just looks kinda plain. If you're gonna mod, mod dammit! don't half-azz it. NO disrespect to those of you with red/clears, it looks good on most cars. My 2 cents, maybe I just want a little more. I welcome the flames I'm sure I'll receive for this post. Sorry if I offended anyone. Party on dudes.
Old 09-18-2002 | 07:51 AM

Originally posted by MAX
The red/clear tails(at least for 97-99) look awfully similar to stock civic tails to me.
So true, so true...