4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question about adding OEM leather

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Question about adding OEM leather

I've got a question about OEM leather seats.

Let's pretend the year was 1998 and I went to the dealer to buy a Maxima, and the one I wanted on the lot did not have leather seats. I think I read a post somewhere on this forum that said the dealer would actually add the OEM leather by just re-covering the seats in the car with the new OEM leather covers. Is that correct?

Well, I am REALLY wanting leather seats right now, and I want the actual Nissan leather seats... I don't really like all the aftermarket leather seat covers that much. Do you think it would be possible to buy the leather seat covers from Nissan, or would that be ridiculously expensive?

For those of you that had the leather option added when you bought your car, how much did it add to the price?
Old 10-26-2002, 09:32 PM

Re: Question about adding OEM leather

Originally posted by co_maxima98
I've got a question about OEM leather seats.

Let's pretend the year was 1998 and I went to the dealer to buy a Maxima, and the one I wanted on the lot did not have leather seats. I think I read a post somewhere on this forum that said the dealer would actually add the OEM leather by just re-covering the seats in the car with the new OEM leather covers. Is that correct?

Well, I am REALLY wanting leather seats right now, and I want the actual Nissan leather seats... I don't really like all the aftermarket leather seat covers that much. Do you think it would be possible to buy the leather seat covers from Nissan, or would that be ridiculously expensive?

For those of you that had the leather option added when you bought your car, how much did it add to the price?
the dealer will charge you around 1.2k to get that done, they actually take your cloth covers and put the leather on top of it, the problem w/ that is that it's wayyyy too expensive, and most likely will not be the top quality leather. go to www.leatherseats.com and you can order leather seats made FOR THE MAXIMA, you can customize the color, or dual color, perferated/non-perferated, AndyXXL got the leather from them and he installed it himself, and he couldn't even change a tire before w/out any supervision, so it's a very simple process, the package runs I think around $600 and from riding in it for most of the summer I can tell you that the quality of the seats is awesome. if you wanted QUALITY seats, I would go that route.

K

e-mail AndyXXL and ask him more about it, he'll show you some pics of his max also (has has 330ci now) but I'm pretty sure still has the max pics