4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Without my baby today :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 05:40 AM
Sin

Without my baby today :(

Dropped her off just now at Nizztex Automotive to have the ACT street/strip clutch put in. Sadly, I will be without my baby today. I just hope and pray that she'll be finished today. Amo, the shop owner said there would be no problem with the labour, but that the machine shop may not be able to get the flywheel back in time to finish up the job today

Oh well. I just wish it could be done for sure in one day. If it can, I will definetly be a happy guy.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:45 AM
i SeE what you did therE

Old 11-07-2002, 06:17 AM

i was without my car since sunday....almost 4 days

had to drive my mom's 2.5 TL around....slow

now she is as good as new, brakes are resurfaced w/new pads, and she doesnt shake anymore at 70mph....oh what it feels to have a smooth ride again...ill give her the 130 test on the way home from school
Old 11-07-2002, 07:46 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by Jamsan
i was without my car since sunday....almost 4 days

had to drive my mom's 2.5 TL around....slow

now she is as good as new, brakes are resurfaced w/new pads, and she doesnt shake anymore at 70mph....oh what it feels to have a smooth ride again...ill give her the 130 test on the way home from school
Make sure you bed the brakes in properly before you hit them during the 130 test. (if that test is what i think it is) Or your going to wind up with brake judder again.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:49 AM
I'm so hood

Yea, I dont' think the first thing you want to do with a brand new set of brake pads is a stop from 130 to anything.

Then again I don't advocate the "130 test" at all
Old 11-07-2002, 11:37 AM

i've been without my ride since last wednesday........
Old 11-07-2002, 12:36 PM
Sin

I happy man!

I called them up just to check on the status of the work, and they told me they just finished, and are now going out for a test run. AWESOME!!!

I get my baby back tonight. WOO HOO!!!

Now let's see just how hard this **** grabs
Old 11-07-2002, 12:38 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Re: I happy man!

Originally posted by Sin
I called them up just to check on the status of the work, and they told me they just finished, and are now going out for a test run. AWESOME!!!

good for you..!!!

silly 5spd peeps

Old 11-07-2002, 12:41 PM
Sin

Re: Re: I happy man!

Originally posted by redmaxpa007

good for you..!!!

silly 5spd peeps

Hey, where did you get that e-brake boot? It's nice.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:42 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Re: Re: Re: I happy man!

Originally posted by Sin

Hey, where did you get that e-brake boot? It's nice.

wwwleatherseats.com
Old 11-07-2002, 02:34 PM

Re: I happy man!

Originally posted by Sin

Make sure to break it in nice and easy so you dont have to be without it again.

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Sin

Re: Re: I happy man!

Originally posted by SuDZ

Make sure to break it in nice and easy so you dont have to be without it again.

SuDZ
Definetly, babied it home, and will do my absolutely best to keep babying it for the next 800km or so.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:01 PM

glad to hear it Sin..

btw, did u ever get that intake produced?
Old 11-07-2002, 03:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: I happy man!

Originally posted by Sin

Definetly, babied it home, and will do my absolutely best to keep babying it for the next 800km or so.
How does it feel so far?

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Sin

Re: Re: Re: Re: I happy man!

Originally posted by SuDZ

How does it feel so far?

SuDZ
The first two or three times I let off the clutch, I was like, WHOA! But it wasn't so much the gripping of the clutch as it was the MUCH lower engagement point. When I keep the lower engagement point in mind, it's not an issue. When I don't, the shift isn't smooth.

I LOVE the feel of the pedal now. SO much lower engagement point, and the pedal pressure is lessened as well.

Also, I have a feeling there was something wrong with my previous clutch. My buddy checked it out the other day, and there was VERY little free play in the clutch. Less than 1 mm in the pedal, and 2 mm at the clutch. I believe there is supposed to be about 3 mm on both sides. As such, it was often somewhat difficult to get the shifter into some gears unless revs were matched very well. Now, the shifter shifts much easier, as if the clutch REALLY does disengage. Although this could all be psychological.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Sin

glad to hear it Sin..

btw, did u ever get that intake produced?
lol, funny you mentioned that, I'm actually getting ready to make 2 prototype models from billet aluminum on a CNC machine this winter break. I'm just working out the final bits now, and we'll probably get to the machine sometime during the winter break.

If they end up working, I don't think I'll market them though. They cost a FORTUNE to make this way, yet are still WAY cheaper than many midpipes out there. The only reason why I'm doing them this way is for looks.

If I did end up marketing an intake, it would be of prototype II's design, where it is a formed aluminum inner lining, strengthened by polymer resin fibreglass.

I actually destroyed the only remaining prototype II last weekend, and reinstalled the stock small resonator just before the throttle body, essentially leaving a POP. At first I removed it to use to help visualize the work I was going to do with prototype III, but then I realized I still had the original design on disc, and wouldn't need it, so instead of installing it again for the winter, I decided I would just destroy it, and make two prototype III's during the winter break. One for use, the other for back up.

Right now there are no more prototype I's in existence, one prototype II still being used by a Maxima friend of mine, and I have yet to manufacture a prototype III.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:18 PM

well **** man, ill test out one of your prototype III's...plz...
Old 11-07-2002, 03:23 PM
Sin

well **** man, ill test out one of your prototype III's...plz...
Honestly, they are gonna look nice, simply because it's CNC machined aluminum. However, buying the billets is EXPENSIVE!!! The prototype III is about 15 times more expensive to manufacture than the prototype II, while offering no gains, only appearance.

The problem is, the only one worth marketing is prototype II, and that one looks bad because the outter side is simply hand molded fibreglass. The prototype III is GORGEOUS, but will cost WAY more to produce. Thus, I'm caught in a conundrum. Produce a shabby looking intake that is profitable, or a bishin' looking intake that costs too much to sell well.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:29 PM
aka UNCDooD

Re: Without my baby today :(

Originally posted by Sin
Dropped her off just now at Nizztex Automotive to have the ACT street/strip clutch put in. Sadly, I will be without my baby today. I just hope and pray that she'll be finished today. Amo, the shop owner said there would be no problem with the labour, but that the machine shop may not be able to get the flywheel back in time to finish up the job today

Oh well. I just wish it could be done for sure in one day. If it can, I will definetly be a happy guy.
blah...I've been without my car for two weeks now.

try having some non-driving *** person run into the back of you and then you get stuck w/ '02 Grand Am that won't even hang with a Civic EX, that has half the litres, with a muffler and intake.

so, quit your whining...i'll do the whining here.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:38 PM

Re: Re: Without my baby today :(

Originally posted by UNCDooD

blah...I've been without my car for two weeks now.

try having some non-driving *** person run into the back of you and then you get stuck w/ '02 Grand Am that won't even hang with a Civic EX, that has half the litres, with a muffler and intake.

so, quit your whining...i'll do the whining here.
Woah, relax. He was just stating he missed it. I understand where your coming from and it stinks but you will get it back soon maybe better than you left it.

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 06:13 PM
aka UNCDooD

woops, forgot the 'j/k' in there. sorry bout that.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:05 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Originally posted by Sin

I know the feeling. Ive been without my Maxima since Sept 18, I was involved in an accident and I got rear-ended by a truck. It wasnt my fault the other driver failed to stop and hit me.

With all the insurance and appraisial BS and waiting a month for the repair shop to take it they finally started work on it the last week of October. Hopefully I will get my Maxima back some time next week. In the mean time I have been driving my moms 95 Taurus SHO (ok car, poorly built in my opinion when compared to the Maxima), a 01 Toyata Corolla (flat out sucks), and now I have a 02 Buick Century for a rental car (ok, but its a boat!!!) Tomorrow I have agreed to give the Buick back to Enterprise rental car or I might be sued by the other drivers insurance company. (its a long story and a bunch of BS and it would never fly in court)
Old 11-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Maxima.org Insomniac

Originally posted by Sin

I know the feeling of being maximaless. Ive been without my Maxima since Sept 18, I was involved in an accident and I got rear-ended by a truck. It wasnt my fault the other driver failed to stop and hit me.

With all the insurance and appraisial BS and waiting a month for the repair shop to take it they finally started work on it the last week of October. Hopefully I will get my Maxima back some time next week. In the mean time I have been driving my moms 95 Taurus SHO (ok car, poorly built in my opinion when compared to the Maxima), a rented 01 Toyata Corolla (flat out sucks), and now I have a 02 Buick Century for a rental car (ok, but its a boat!!! nuf said) Tomorrow I have agreed as a sign of good faith to give the Buick back to Enterprise rental car. Or I might be sued by the other drivers insurance company. (its a long story and a bunch of BS and it would never fly in court so im not too worried about it)

Anyway after all the BS and fighting with the evil insurance companies I will finally get my baby back next week.