4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need help installing Cuzo sidemarkers

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2000, 08:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The Cuzo sidemarkers that I order just came today. There was no instruction however. So, I need some help installing it. First of all, what is the tool that I'll need to make a hole in the my car's fender to put the sidemarkes in? Also, there are two wires on the sidemarker, a gray one and a brown one. I assume I need to connect one to the + battery terminal? And the other is probably a ground wire? So, which is which? One more thing, is there anyway I can attach wires to the battery terminal without actually having to wire onto the terminal? I see some people with battery that has some kind of extension or something that connect onto the + battery terminal, but along the side, there's extra "slots" where you can install more wires for things such as: amps, interior lights, subs, etc. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Btw, the Cuzo sidemarkers did come with clear bulbs, not hyperwhite bulbs; I wonder is that good enough, or should I replace them with hyperwhites? I really need the help on this. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2000, 09:08 PM
Ramius83

What are the Cuzo's?

Ok, I have installed "sidemarkers" on my car, they are those lights that you see on an Audi or BMW that blink with the turn signals. Is that what you are talking about? If so, then I can help you. But, if not, tell me what they are.

Erik
Southeast Maxima Group

Old 12-27-2000, 09:26 PM

Yeah I think

he means the things that you see on civic's a lot, that're blue on the side right in front of the doors. Did you get blue or orange ones, and where'd you order em from? I'd be interested in a pair if someone could show me a set of Good looking ones that didn't look too ricey. Anyone got pics?
Old 12-27-2000, 09:30 PM
Ramius83

If they are "sidemarker" lights,

that blink with the turn signals, than you can talk to me. I just did that mod about 2 weeks ago. It isn't hard. Just drill a "good" hole for the fixture, run two wires in conjulated covering from the fixture to the turn signal, "tap" into the turn signal, and you are done. If this is what you are trying to do, than I will go into it more detail if you need me to.

Erik
Southeast Maxima Group

Old 12-28-2000, 12:13 AM

Hey bro! I just installed Cuzo sidemarkers two weeks ago on two max's! Which ones did you get? Mine are like the benz CLK430's. I'll have to post pics. On mine, I had to drill a 1/4" hole in the fender. What I did to drill the holes was tape the sidemarker on the car backwards, so the back of the sidemarker is sticking out, and then take a drill bit that would just barely fit into the sidemarker hole where the bulb comes out, and then drill a little to mark the hole that needed to be drilled. Then I took off the sidemarker and drilled with the 1/4" bit. After you put the sidemarker in, then drill the small holes for the screws. Need any help just Email me and I'll do my best!
Old 12-28-2000, 12:21 AM

I'm planning on getting a pair of sidemarkers for a deal of $100 w/installation. Does anyone have pics of these "Cuzo Sidemarkers"?
Old 12-28-2000, 01:23 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

cuzo is the brand. theyre sidemarkers like youll find on european cars. theyre located between the driver's door and the wheel well. ive got em on zero.
Old 12-28-2000, 04:19 AM
Master Will

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
I'm planning on getting a pair of sidemarkers for a deal of $100 w/installation. Does anyone have pics of these "Cuzo Sidemarkers"?

$100.00 is a lot of cheese for the side markers man,you can get them way cheaper,it does not matter which brand name you get they are all the same they just come in many colors,sizes,and designs,I have the Eurolite Euro Clear Sidemarkers,they came with an amber bulb but I put in a Eurolite XENON #194 bulb,got them from ebay for $15.00,I put them on last week,in my back bumper just like the Y2K Maximas are because the back bumper is plastic and I was scared to drill into my fender(metal)where they are supposed to go and I wired them into my license plate lights so they are on all the time like park lights. It's different but I like it and get many compliments on how good they look,I will be posting pics soon.
Old 12-28-2000, 12:06 PM

Yes, the Cuzo sidemarkers are the Euro looking ones. I got the rectangular shape ones. I'm still not too sure about how to drill the holes for the sidemarkers. What do you use to drill the holes? Just use a regular drill, or do I need some special type of drill? Also, where do the gray and brown wires hook up to? The wires doesn't seem look enough as well, do I need extra extension wires? I know that one of the wires I probably need to hook up to the + battery terminal, right? The problem is that I already have two wires on the + battery terminals(amps), and I just got my APC wiring harness, and those you have to wire onto the + battery terminal as well. Isn't that overload? I don't see how I can fit all those wires on one terminal. Any suggestions? Sorry for asking so much questions. I'm just not very good when it comes to electrical stuff. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-28-2000, 12:10 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

the guy that did mine drilled the hole with this bit that looked coned shaped. he did it for 40 installed. now that ive seen the procedure, if i had the bit, i could do it myself.

1. drill hole
2. run wire from side marker hole through the side panel to the corner lamp
3. d/c the corner lamp wire
4. cap it with the new wire u slid through the side panel
5. cap the new wire with the sidemarker
6. screw in sidemarker