4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ordered Cattman RSB today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 06:55 PM

Ordered Cattman RSB today!

Finalyl got them in and ordered one today... Bad part is that it shipped UPS ground on Friday from AZ, I'm in Illinois and UPS is predicting a 12/2 delivery date. Bejezus... Got Thanksgiving and a no-workie day for them on Friday... 2nd day would have been $52 shipping versus 18..

Any good tips on putting on a RSB for a 97 Max Se? This is only the 3rd mod, following a FSTB and 16" 2001 Max SE alloys.. I've read the article on the Addco one, and wondered if there is anything that you might have learned from personal experience that might help out..

Thanks
Old 11-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

no advise but congrats
Old 11-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Ordered Cattman RSB today!

Originally posted by Hellspawn
Finalyl got them in and ordered one today... Bad part is that it shipped UPS ground on Friday from AZ, I'm in Illinois and UPS is predicting a 12/2 delivery date. Bejezus... Got Thanksgiving and a no-workie day for them on Friday... 2nd day would have been $52 shipping versus 18..

Any good tips on putting on a RSB for a 97 Max Se? This is only the 3rd mod, following a FSTB and 16" 2001 Max SE alloys.. I've read the article on the Addco one, and wondered if there is anything that you might have learned from personal experience that might help out..

Thanks
I'm not too big on modding either(starving student). but i think im willing to scrape up some money to get a RSB. I was hauling **** in the carpool lane today and noticed that my car had crappy high-speed stability. After every bump my car would kinda oscillate laterally(especially noticeable when hauling butt on bends). I want a adjustable one cause i dont want to throw off the balance too much. I drive on snow quite a bit so i dont want the back end too fishy. How much was the Cattman RSB after tax and shipping?

Ken
Old 11-22-2002, 09:19 PM

you're going to love it..
Old 11-22-2002, 09:42 PM

Re: Re: Ordered Cattman RSB today!

Ken: With shipping it was 139.00, no tax to Illinois.. I'm not really into all the mods, but I do like the idea of at least tightening the handling up a bit, the FSTB did somewhat, and the RSB should finish out the back end. The 2001/2 SE 16" wheels were simply cosmetic/visual enhancement reasons, as my original 16" 5 spoke stock wheels were starting to look really bad, and I got them from a guy on here, maximachad. That will probably be the end of the mods, but the DC clear fronts and red/clear tails would be nice, maybe when tax refund time comes around next spring..

I guess I want mine to handle very well and have just a *touch* of not being stock (to those who know what to look for), but nothing that stands out as being non-factory.. a "sleeper" as they say..

Originally posted by kchida

I'm not too big on modding either(starving student). but i think im willing to scrape up some money to get a RSB. I was hauling **** in the carpool lane today and noticed that my car had crappy high-speed stability. After every bump my car would kinda oscillate laterally(especially noticeable when hauling butt on bends). I want a adjustable one cause i dont want to throw off the balance too much. I drive on snow quite a bit so i dont want the back end too fishy. How much was the Cattman RSB after tax and shipping?

Ken
Old 11-22-2002, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by BOZOnPJs
you're going to love it..
From what I've read I think I will too.. December 2nd arrival date to my door is sooooo far off *sniff* At least I know it's on the way to me as of this last Friday..
Old 11-24-2002, 05:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

kchida: sounds like you need to upgrade your struts, not get a RSB. If I were you, I'd get rims/tires first, then springs/struts. FSTB can come anytime as it's a cheap investment and RSB should come in after you learn the limits of your car (you'll enjoy it more that way).
Or you can be a lamer like my bro and get all the suspension mods @ 1 time and never learn the limits of your new setup (nor understand what each component does)
Jae
Old 11-24-2002, 06:51 PM

I did RSB first, FSTB second, tires third and springs last.

You're going to love the RSB. As for hints? Just make sure they sent you all the right mounting hardware. They have a tendency to ship the wrong style/shape of bolts.