4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HID's from 2k3 to 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 01:53 PM

HID's from 2k3 to 4th gen

Can you adapt 2k3 HID's to a 4th gen? How?
How do get them out of a 2k3? How you put regular lights in once the HID's are removed (if possible)?
Old 02-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Administrator

you talking about the light housing?

or hte lights?

if you are talking the light housing then you are looking at custom work.. redone bumper maybe.. redone hood.. and redone side panels..

if you are just talking the bulbs and ballast?

well i don't associate with criminals
Old 02-10-2003, 02:14 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
you talking about the light housing?

or hte lights?

if you are talking the light housing then you are looking at custom work.. redone bumper maybe.. redone hood.. and redone side panels..

if you are just talking the bulbs and ballast?

well i don't associate with criminals
No crook here. I know somebody who is willing to do it. He's trading in his 2k3 for a Z in a few weeks and doesn't care.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by C3nthusiast

No crook here. I know somebody who is willing to do it. He's trading in his 2k3 for a Z in a few weeks and doesn't care.
...i am sure the buyer of that 2k3 will care.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Requin6

...i am sure the buyer of that 2k3 will care.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: HID's from 2k3 to 4th gen

Originally posted by C3nthusiast
Can you adapt 2k3 HID's to a 4th gen? How?
How do get them out of a 2k3? How you put regular lights in once the HID's are removed (if possible)?
it CAN be done. once it gets nicer out I will take some pics....
Old 02-11-2003, 07:34 AM

i have the oem 5th gen. maxima hid's on my 4th gen. currently. they work awesome. i also scratched part of the bulb to have a brighter output. the lights are like highbeams. light up the road very well.

you have to modify the plug a bit. takes a little time but can be done. as for changing back to stock, it could be a pain but can be done.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:34 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally posted by bgod
the lights are like highbeams. light up the road very well.

you're probably blinding people...thus making your lights unsafe...also why would you want to make HIDs any brighter...?
Old 02-11-2003, 10:51 AM

my hid's are just as bright as anyother aftermarket hid system.

all hid's i've seen on cars that didn't come with factory hid's are much brighter then factory.

tl/cl, maxima, audi, mercedes, bmw

if i blind everyone, so does everyone else.
the day the government and the dot decide to make requirement for suv manufactures to lower their headlight levels is the day i'll take out my hid's. if i'm blinding people so is every suv driver on the road.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

if i'm blinding people so is every suv driver on the road.
stupid logic
Old 02-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Jedi Knight

great idea..."if I can't see neither can anyone else"

I'm merely refering to your making the HIDs brighter not the HIDs themselves...hey whateva floats your boat!...safety is the main concern.

my hid's are just as bright as anyother aftermarket hid system.

all hid's i've seen on cars that didn't come with factory hid's are much brighter then factory.

tl/cl, maxima, audi, mercedes, bmw

if i blind everyone, so does everyone else.
the day the government and the dot decide to make requirement for suv manufactures to lower their headlight levels is the day i'll take out my hid's. if i'm blinding people so is every suv driver on the road.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:44 AM

fearthegecko, stupid logic but very true.

nupe500, yes the portion of the bulb was scratched for a slightly brighter output. but to the average eye, you can't tell the difference. it just gives it a slightly less restrictive area on the bulb. trust me, all aftermarket hid systems are bright, that's just a fact. non factory headlamp housings weren't made for hid's thus the reflectors emit tons of light. now, if you're gonna get on one person's case about hid's, get on everyone else's. there have been people on this board that have posted pics of their hid's and they get nothing but praise since the lights are ridiculously bright.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Jedi Knight

fearthegecko, stupid logic but very true.

nupe500, yes the portion of the bulb was scratched for a slightly brighter output. but to the average eye, you can't tell the difference. it just gives it a slightly less restrictive area on the bulb. trust me, all aftermarket hid systems are bright, that's just a fact. non factory headlamp housings weren't made for hid's thus the reflectors emit tons of light. now, if you're gonna get on one person's case about hid's, get on everyone else's. there have been people on this board that have posted pics of their hid's and they get nothing but praise since the lights are ridiculously bright.
may be I misunderstood your "scratched" comment, but if you can't tell the difference then why mention it...useless mod in my opinion...what do you think? I don't have a problem with HIDs, in fact I like them, but like anything there should be some limit to how they are used and your logic on the SUVs just doesn't sit well with me. But like I said do what you want, but keep in mind that unsafe lighting causes accidents.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:56 AM

my personal opinion on aftermarket HID systems is that unless it's done right, it shouldn't be done at all. I've seen a lot of HIDs that throw off way too much blue or purple, and blind the other drivers. And I have never complemented or "praised" people on the org for that. Regardless of what type of vehicle it is, it should be done right and safely.

Seriously, wasn't that the big deal about HID's: the improved safety because of improved visibilty? So what's safe about blinding everyone else on the road?
Old 02-12-2003, 06:44 AM

Originally posted by fearthegecko
my personal opinion on aftermarket HID systems is that unless it's done right, it shouldn't be done at all. I've seen a lot of HIDs that throw off way too much blue or purple, and blind the other drivers. And I have never complemented or "praised" people on the org for that. Regardless of what type of vehicle it is, it should be done right and safely.

Seriously, wasn't that the big deal about HID's: the improved safety because of improved visibilty? So what's safe about blinding everyone else on the road?

Go get yourself some aftermarket HID's and aim them correctly. You'll quickly see why they are loved by the owner and praised by everyone else.

Old 02-12-2003, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by araffio

Go get yourself some aftermarket HID's and aim them correctly. You'll quickly see why they are loved by the owner and praised by everyone else.

i'm fine with the stock 9004s. My point is that too mnay people with aftermarket HIDs don't have them aimed correctly.