4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

off center fog light

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 06:50 AM

The other day I was parking my car in the school parking lot, and didn't see a sheet of black ice. I went to slow down but didn't and slamed into a wall of snow and if luckily. If it hadn't been there I would have wrapped around a pole. Anyway, there is basically no damage, cept to the drivers side, where the blinker light popped out and the fog light was pushed inward, making it direct light out to the left. The blinker easily popped back in, but the fog is jammed in that off center position. I tried to center it, but it is jammed. I want to remove it, and put it back in, but I can't seem to get it out. Any idea of how I can take it out?
Old 01-15-2001, 07:22 AM

Fog light bent out of shape

Originally posted by 98BlaximaSE
no damage, cept to the drivers side, where the blinker light popped out and the fog light was pushed inward, making it direct light out to the left. The blinker easily popped back in, but the fog is jammed in that off center position. I tried to center it, but it is jammed. I want to remove it, and put it back in, but I can't seem to get it out. Any idea of how I can take it out?
Hopefully all that happened was the bracket that houses the lamp is bent. Start by removing the lens/reflector piece by pushing upwards then it should come out. Remove the screw that you see their. My Factory Service Manual is not clear if the lamp can be removed just yet. If not then go underneath the car and start by removing the black plastic cover under the screwy fog. Remove the screw that my FSM shows. If the lamp comes out then start removing the bracket that is attached to the metal portion of the bumper. Then either bend it back yourself or have someone do it for you. While you are their, check to see if the mounting area for the bracket seems to be bent/damaged. If it is then the instructions to bend your bracket are as worthless as **** on a boar hog.
Old 01-15-2001, 04:15 PM

broken

I think the middle mounting bracket is broken. Its the grey plastic things right? I unscrewed it today, and saw that the middle one was snapped in the middle. Is there anything i can do about this? or does this mean that i have to get a whole new lamp?
Old 01-15-2001, 07:10 PM

Re: broken

Originally posted by 98BlaximaSE
I think the middle mounting bracket is broken. Its the grey plastic things right? I unscrewed it today, and saw that the middle one was snapped in the middle. Is there anything i can do about this? or does this mean that i have to get a whole new lamp?
If I,m not mistaken the bracket is one piece and hopefully you can buy this from the dealer or courtesy nissan but the fog lamp is not part of the bracket.