4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ebay Hella HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:26 PM

Ebay Hella HIDs

Im shopping around for a quality German HID kit this time (all the asian kits i had never lasted me a year). I did a search for a hella HID kit and found one for around $215 for what seems to be genuine hella parts. I looked at his feedback and noticed 1 BAD feedback and the item was for a projector kit for a 4th gen max.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2450656164

now, someone tell me that these look very familiar. *cough* Indigo *cough*
Anyone agree? Now im thinking twice about getting a hella kit from this guy.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:33 PM
V^___^V

looks good to me
Old 04-01-2004, 10:45 PM

Swbas233 IS indigomax... and these headlights have already "attempted" to be sold. eBay Auction Here is their story:

When I received the headlights, it was a mess. I was shocked. The headlights were in such terrible shape; both projectors were loose, the lens were scratched, and had broken tabs at the back. The bulb holder fell off as well. My first impression was that USPS must have damaged it during transit. Nevertheless, I emailed “sebas233” (his real name is Juan Sebastian Huezo from Houston, Texas) and told him about the headlights. He denied anything being wrong with them when he sent them, so I assumed it was USPS’s fault. I told him I wanted to file an insurance claim with the post office. He got the paperwork from the post office done and was going to send it to me so I can claim it at my local post office. I waited and waited and waited…for about 2 weeks. No paper showed up. I was getting impatient. I emailed him numerous times asking what’s the status of the paper. He kept telling me he’s going to send it; he also said he was out of the country (which I thought was an excuse only). Another week went by and no paper. I emailed him again. He returned the email saying he was busy. I emailed him several more times and threaten him that if I don’t receive the paper soon, I’ll spread his name throughout all the forums about his bad practice. Another week went by and he finally answer that he had sent the paper. I waited for a week, but no paper showed up. I emailed him again asking what’s going on. He didn’t reply. I sent more emails. He then responded with a tracking number. I checked the tracking number but it wasn’t on record with USPS. He said he sent the paper on March 1st, 2004. However, I didn’t get the paper until March 8th. When I checked the stamp date on the box, it said the package was sent on March 5th. This meant he lied to me again.

This problem of getting the insurance claim paper from him took almost 3 months and over 20+ emails. He’s a big time liar and cheater. From reading several threads on the Maxima forum, I finally realized that I’m not alone. Many have been victimized by him and his poorly crafted headlights. This is when I realized the headlights he sent me were already damaged. It wasn’t USPS’s fault at all…. I confirmed this by checking the box that it was shipped in….no damage whatsoever.

Right now, I’m waiting for the post office to issue me a check for the insurance claim. But this part here is what really got me angry. He only insured the package up to $200.00. So here I am, stuck with $200 in return while the headlights and shipping cost me $335.00. I’m ticked off, mad, angry, and all the other words you can come up with. Don’t buy from this guy. It’s the best advice I can give you.

If you have any more questions, feel free to email me.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stringztoo
Swbas233 IS indigomax... and these headlights have already "attempted" to be sold. eBay Auction Here is their story:

When I received the headlights, it was a mess. I was shocked. The headlights were in such terrible shape; both projectors were loose, the lens were scratched, and had broken tabs at the back. The bulb holder fell off as well. My first impression was that USPS must have damaged it during transit. Nevertheless, I emailed “sebas233” (his real name is Juan Sebastian Huezo from Houston, Texas) and told him about the headlights. He denied anything being wrong with them when he sent them, so I assumed it was USPS’s fault. I told him I wanted to file an insurance claim with the post office. He got the paperwork from the post office done and was going to send it to me so I can claim it at my local post office. I waited and waited and waited…for about 2 weeks. No paper showed up. I was getting impatient. I emailed him numerous times asking what’s the status of the paper. He kept telling me he’s going to send it; he also said he was out of the country (which I thought was an excuse only). Another week went by and no paper. I emailed him again. He returned the email saying he was busy. I emailed him several more times and threaten him that if I don’t receive the paper soon, I’ll spread his name throughout all the forums about his bad practice. Another week went by and he finally answer that he had sent the paper. I waited for a week, but no paper showed up. I emailed him again asking what’s going on. He didn’t reply. I sent more emails. He then responded with a tracking number. I checked the tracking number but it wasn’t on record with USPS. He said he sent the paper on March 1st, 2004. However, I didn’t get the paper until March 8th. When I checked the stamp date on the box, it said the package was sent on March 5th. This meant he lied to me again.

This problem of getting the insurance claim paper from him took almost 3 months and over 20+ emails. He’s a big time liar and cheater. From reading several threads on the Maxima forum, I finally realized that I’m not alone. Many have been victimized by him and his poorly crafted headlights. This is when I realized the headlights he sent me were already damaged. It wasn’t USPS’s fault at all…. I confirmed this by checking the box that it was shipped in….no damage whatsoever.

Right now, I’m waiting for the post office to issue me a check for the insurance claim. But this part here is what really got me angry. He only insured the package up to $200.00. So here I am, stuck with $200 in return while the headlights and shipping cost me $335.00. I’m ticked off, mad, angry, and all the other words you can come up with. Don’t buy from this guy. It’s the best advice I can give you.

If you have any more questions, feel free to email me.
ahh, thanks for reassuring my assumption. Sorry to hear you had to go through all that though. Do you know the org member who had the custom retrofitting done by HIDtech.com?

P.S: hows your own custom projectors comming along? Cant wait to see.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes it was the guy selling the PROYECTORS!