4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bomz Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Bomz Intake Install Help

My order didn't come with instructions.

I've got a few questions.
What do I do if the hoses don't quite fit?
How do you and where do you mount the MAF so that it doesn't fall to the bottom?
Does the cone just slip into the MAF, cuz I don't know where I would tighten the fit.
What's the blue hose for(which section? front? back? or both?)?
What do you do with the sensor thingy attached to the stock inake box?

A link to some instuctions would be nice.
Any info is appreciated.

I'm losing light... info asap.......
Old 04-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DaBombX
My order didn't come with instructions.

I've got a few questions.
What do I do if the hoses don't quite fit?
How do you and where do you mount the MAF so that it doesn't fall to the bottom?
Does the cone just slip into the MAF, cuz I don't know where I would tighten the fit.
What's the blue hose for(which section? front? back? or both?)?
What do you do with the sensor thingy attached to the stock inake box?

A link to some instuctions would be nice.
Any info is appreciated.

I'm losing light... info asap.......

Yes, no, no, yes, yes...

No just kidding. I'm not sure on the bomz intake, but when I installed my frankencar, it should go ThrottleBody---Midpipe---MAFadapter---MAFsensor---filteradapter---filter

Plus, alot of banjo clamp thingys holding everything together. There 'should' be only three hoses going to the intake. Just find the one that isn't long enough or whatnot and replace it with the supplied one. As far as the sensor that was taken off of the stock box, I just zip tied it close to the filter that way the temp reading would be close to the actual air going into the intake.

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need anything else,
drew
Old 04-15-2004, 09:47 PM

what about the bracket that holds the pipe up? I don't know where to connect it to. Also, my cone filter only slips into the adapter, not over it... will it not fall off?
Old 04-15-2004, 10:17 PM

the supplied blue hose is way too small. Just go to your local lowes or something at get like a foot, or however long you need, of heater hose.

I didnt even use the brackets. I didnt know where they go either so i just didnt use them.

The cone filter should fit over the adapter. the BOMZ intake kits comes with a 3" adapter so any 3" filter should fit OVER it, allowing you to tighten the filter on to the adapter.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by MaxiMaxima
the supplied blue hose is way too small. Just go to your local lowes or something at get like a foot, or however long you need, of heater hose.

I didnt even use the brackets. I didnt know where they go either so i just didnt use them.

The cone filter should fit over the adapter. the BOMZ intake kits comes with a 3" adapter so any 3" filter should fit OVER it, allowing you to tighten the filter on to the adapter.
What I did was I left the bottom of the stock air box in. The cone filter rests in it and you still get the somewhat decent air flow that comes in through the OE air scoop.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by MaxiMaxima

Then, I'm missing a adapter because I used all of mine... two to connect midpipe to TB, two to connect midpipe to MAF.

Plus, there were two rubber thingys. One was short and was the same size. The other was longer and two different sized opennings. Which goes where?

Dang... I gotta fit the intake over the adapter.... that's a wide fitting...
Old 04-16-2004, 02:17 AM

BTW, I got pulled over testing the intake....
I expalined what I was doing and he let me go...
woulda sucked if that was a ticket.... I think my license is revoked with the next ticket...
Old 04-16-2004, 05:05 AM

man that sucks. you still need some help? I installed mine and I'm pretty confident about everything now.. mine was so ghetto I had to drill holes for the MAF adapter they gave me, and stetch out one of those rubber things beyond the laws of physics to get on there.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:57 PM

There is NO WAY I can fit the cone intake over the adapter to the MAF. It just won't stretch that far. The inner diameter of the adapter is larger than the outer diameter of the intake's rubber. It's like trying to fit a water hose on a fire hydrant. I dunno what to do cuz it keeps comming off from time to time, but there's no way of keeping it in.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:05 PM

Okay, I went back on ebay to see if I can find a picture of the adapter. Mine DOES NOT look like the adapters shown on ebay. It's doesn't look like this:

It's looks a lot like a velocity stack. The inner wall of the adapter is not flat. It's curved into the center (like a velocity stack). But the diameter is much smaller than Stillen's or JWT's VS. GOSH I WISH I HAD A CAMERA (maybe it should be my next mod).
It looks something like this:

I think I need a cone filter that as a wider opening, like 3". OR, I need a new adapter. Hmmm...