4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help!!!!! Squealing noise coming from TB

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 01:04 PM

Help!!!!! Squealing noise coming from TB

well i just noticed it a few days ago and i just cant figure it out. i searched around and have not found anyone else with this problem so i guess i need to ask you guys what it could be.

i first heard this squeling noise after sitting in my car and accelerating. i then got out the car and pulled on the little throttle cable manually to rev the engine and after i let it go it is a sqealing noise sorta like "EEEEEEEKKKKKK" after i let go of the cable. it sounds like it is coming from the TB and it only makes the noise after i let go off the gas. i just had my UDpulley put in so i checked that out and the noise isnt coming from there, i also checked the y pipe but the only noise is the rattling from the cross member (which will be fixed once i get my catback installed on monday) the squealing noise sounds like its around the TB or that area and it only sounds off when i let go of the gas. it only sounds for like 2 seconds then fades away and it wont be heard....untill you press the gas and let it go then it will sound for 2 seconds and fade away.i know it isnt normal cause it never did it b4 and i dont hear it on my friends max. i just want to know if i can do something to prevent this from getting worse, or having any performance/gas mileage problems.

it sorta sounds like a mouse skweaking lol i doubt it is a mouse cause it woulda died from the heat but that is the best discription i can give ou as far as sound. PLEASE HELP!!!!

p.s.
anyone know where i can get a test pipe for a 95 max, the shop wanted to charge me 100 for a pipe with o2 sensor hole, i need one asap
Old 05-08-2004, 04:45 PM

Sounds like you have a vacuum leak.
Check all of the hoses connected to the TB. Especially associated to the EGR system.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by maximomo
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak.
Check all of the hoses connected to the TB. Especially associated to the EGR system.
thanx for the advice man, im gonna check into that in the morning when i have some light to see whats going on. i hope that is the problem i really dont want to spend alot of time and money getting something fixed.

any other advice guys, or things i should look out for. please let me know.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:54 PM

i cbecked the hoses and cant find anything disconected or broken. everything looks ok. also when i adjust my TB it starts to make a hollow hissing noise like something is disconnected, but i cant find anything lose or disconnected. im stumped!!!! also the squealing noise is still present after letting off of the gas.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:55 PM

I have the same thing goin on with my TB. I really don't know what it is, and could only hear it when I put my short ram on. There is no sound with the stock airbox on. I really don't care about it, as I think it's just a cable squeak.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:19 PM

i barely notice it in the car but i just really dont feel linke havig any more problems, esp expensive problems. i hope it isnt robbing performance
Old 05-10-2004, 07:32 PM

any other advice guys, this sound is really getting annoying!!!