4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Dash Kits and Floormats

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 11:56 PM

Dash Kits and Floormats

2 questions:

#1: Does anybody around here have a dash kit installed on a Maxima with a Tan Leather interior? More specifically I am looking for someone with the brushed aluminum kit from custommaxima.com. It is important that they also have the tan leather... if you do have this combo could you link me to some pictures of how it turned out.

#2: My new Max is in need of some floor mats. The interior is done mostly with the tan leather theme, which is carried down to the carpets which are a very light color... does anybody around know where I might get some replacement floormats for cheap. Also, has anybody with the tan interior replaced the light colored mats with darker ones? How did that look?

Thanks a lot.
Jonathan
Old 07-31-2004, 08:06 AM

A beige maxima in my opinion would look best with the carbon fiber theme. But its just my opinion.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:10 AM
Kevlo for President

1. IMO only the wood grain looks good in our tan interiors.

2. This one took me forever to find out. Last week at "Big Lots" I found a nice set of mats that match pretty good and only cost 8 bucks I will take a pic later today.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:05 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by ionpcs
My new Max is in need of some floor mats. The interior is done mostly with the tan leather theme, which is carried down to the carpets which are a very light color... does anybody around know where I might get some replacement floormats for cheap. Also, has anybody with the tan interior replaced the light colored mats with darker ones? How did that look?

Thanks a lot.
Jonathan
I ordered my new floor mats from Jerry Rome Nissan and they were a bit darker than the old mats, I don't have a pic of them but I got a good deal and used the discount they offered

http://www.nissandealer.com/jerry-ro..._home_page.cgi
Old 07-31-2004, 02:17 PM
Kevlo for President

As you can see, my old mats are fugly. These are worth 8 bucks.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by kevlo911

As you can see, my old mats are fugly. These are worth 8 bucks.

Thanks for the pictures. When I told my dad that I was just going to pick some up from Target (where I work, I'm 16 by the way) he told me "but they won't have "MAXIMA" written on them" - he did this just to bother me because he's the last person on earth who would care about that kind of thing. But it got me thinking, and I think it's probably best to just pick up some cheap brand. No matter what they're gonna get dirty.

I am beginning to agree completely with you about the wood trim. I didn't care for the wood trim that my mom had in her GLE which had black leather interior... but to me the wood trim is starting to look better and better, I'll leave it.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake

i'm going to buy some weathertechs floor mats. they look great in my dads bmw. for $50 cant go wrong. and i can drive not too far to get them direct.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Advocatus Diaboli

HAHAHA those are the exact same matts i have in my car right now!!! I put them in when i got my car b/c it looked like someone had bleached out 8 gallons of blood off each one (scarry thought huh???)
Old 08-01-2004, 12:05 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

damn that is a messy car!!!!!

i like chrome dash kits in tan. also carbon fiber looks awsome.

sorry i do not have any real good pics of it.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:43 AM

Awesome, you have the same color car as me. Hmmm.. I think I am going to get a nose mask as well. My car while in pretty damn decent shape for the most part has little rust spots on that part of the hood from where rocks have hit it or something. I like your rims as well, and might get the sunroof wind deflector.

What is the big deal with clear-corner lenses? I think the white-frosted ones that come stock look pretty nice... is there some reason that everybody talks about them like they are the holy grail?

Anyway... nice car, I think the chrome dash kit you have is a little too blingy for me, and it might blind me in the sun. I do however like your shifter **** - ebrake handle combo a lot. Too bad mine isn't a manual I guess.