4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Lights dont blink anymore when remote locked

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lights dont blink anymore when remote locked

i need help fixing the blinking lights on my maxima 97 when i remote key lock it.

usually when i press the lock button on my remote, all the doors click to lock and the lights blink twice confirming its locked, but now only the doors lock but the lights do not blink at all, it was working last night, i just noticed it today.

is there anyway i can fix this? any help is appreciated.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:17 PM

do your lights still work? turn on your headlights and see.

that would be a head scratcher if the lights work when on, but once you press the lock buttons the lights dont respond.

if that doesnt work check the positive connection on the bater and make sure both those grey things are fully plugged in, dont know if that will solve or help, but its a start.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yes my headlights still works, i checked all the lights, bumper, signal, etc. and they all seem to work.

where exactly is this "bater"?

thanks for the reply.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:28 PM

i'm having the exact same problem still from when i tried the horn beep mod. I still haven't figured out what the problem is, just got used to it even though i liked it when they flashed.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by chantillis
Yes my headlights still works, i checked all the lights, bumper, signal, etc. and they all seem to work.

where exactly is this "bater"?

thanks for the reply.

battery sorry, the red connector on the positive side, I'd check that to make sure its plugged in snugg, thats the best I can come up with for now.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

battery sorry, the red connector on the positive side, I'd check that to make sure its plugged in snugg, thats the best I can come up with for now.
i checked those two grey wires that connects to the positive and they seem to be plugged in tight.

i also noticed that when i pressed the panic button on the remote, it also does not work, do you think theres a connection to that?
Old 01-23-2005, 02:52 PM

did you just press the panic button or hold it? cause you can pressed th panic button and it wont go off, you have to hold it for about 4 sec before it starts screaming.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ok nevermind, my mistake, yes i only pressed it instead of holding it, the panic button works.

i have also tried checking the fuse boxes that i thought it might be conected to the problem, both the one by the drivers left side and the one by the battery, all fuses look to be in good condition.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:21 PM

I dont know. I dont know much about the wiring of an alarm systme, but if you know anything about it, maybe checking the wires ?
Old 01-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i dont know anything about the alarm system either, i dont even know where the main PC board unit is to check if there are any loose wires.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

This is so strange. I am having the same exact problem as of about an hour ago and I've been searching the internet to try to find out what the problem is. I stumble onto this forum and see that your thread was at the very top of the list. I guess I need to check the battery wires as well. The only thing different in my situation though is that the last time I drove my car, someone needed a jump and I volunteered to help. If they had reversed the postive and negative, would that have this type of an effect?

Also, my security light does come on when I open each one of the doors and the panic alarm works as well. The security light is not working once I lock the doors with the remote. So, in my case, not only am I not seeing the hazards flash when I lock remotely but it looks like the security system is not even working since the red light is not on or flashing when I'm close to the car like it usually does.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i checked my fuses again and the hazard lights fuse was burned out, so i replaced it with the reserve and now the problem is fixed. it wasnt in the alarm system after all, because i noticed before, the "security" light by the cruise control was still on even though the hazard lights on the outside did not blink.

thanks to all that replied, i really appreciate it.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:05 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by A32Matt
i'm having the exact same problem still from when i tried the horn beep mod. I still haven't figured out what the problem is, just got used to it even though i liked it when they flashed.

i have the same exact problem happened the same way, trying to do that stupid beep mod, do ur hazards not work too? cuz mine dont, and thats the only thing i dont like about it.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:25 PM

I don't have the security system wiring diagram in my Chiltons so this is just an assumption. You got a relay that makes the parking lamps flash when you activate the hazard switch. The relay is good, but there's probably an output from the alarm's control module related to this that had burned out probably because of the mod you guys were trying to do or just simply electronics going bad.

If it was me, I would just get a good aftermarket alarm that has way better features.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Maxima Owner

i got a similar problem i keep killing my hazard fuse.....but i think its these stupid bulbs i bought from PepBoys cause thats when i all started happening