4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Couldn't make it...even with propane flame

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 06:01 AM
renatonetmail

Couldn't make it...even with propane flame

Got under my car hoping to be the happiest easter with my new Budget y-pipe and cat but BIG DISSPOINTMENT.... everything down there is insanely welded and torched... crazyness and after a lot of elbow grease and liquid wrench even a friend little propane tank with a flame to heat things up .. i give up and Iam taking it to the hardcore guys ina local muffler shop. oh well...at least I change my oil filter, clean brakes and rotate tires. ohh and reagrease starter.

Funny things now i have a hissing and weird noise i guess since i loose the screws from the front bent and had to tie back up. gasket didnt seat the same? could that be...its kinda like a ratteling (am sure its not the starter cuz that one got totally cleaned piece by piece and reassembly and regreased). Could a leak in the exhaust due to proejct started of changing y-piep and cat and couldnt finished and had to bolt back in create this weird ocassional rattle and hissing. ?

thanks for the input

Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 AM
renatonetmail

bump

Old 03-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by renatonetmail
Got under my car hoping to be the happiest easter with my new Budget y-pipe and cat but BIG DISSPOINTMENT.... everything down there is insanely welded and torched... crazyness and after a lot of elbow grease and liquid wrench even a friend little propane tank with a flame to heat things up .. i give up and Iam taking it to the hardcore guys ina local muffler shop. oh well...at least I change my oil filter, clean brakes and rotate tires. ohh and reagrease starter.

Funny things now i have a hissing and weird noise i guess since i loose the screws from the front bent and had to tie back up. gasket didnt seat the same? could that be...its kinda like a ratteling (am sure its not the starter cuz that one got totally cleaned piece by piece and reassembly and regreased). Could a leak in the exhaust due to proejct started of changing y-piep and cat and couldnt finished and had to bolt back in create this weird ocassional rattle and hissing. ?

thanks for the input
I really don't understand your post but if those bolts were that rusted on to the cat you were going to be there for a long *** time with that small propane torch. But I guess that if you got the bolts loose and they bent a little then you may have caused a small leak by seperating pieces of the exhaust.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:18 AM
renatonetmail

i actually was a long ***time down there trying. only could get to lose the ones on the to the front headers and the second bend on the the pipe never could loose the y-pipe to cat nor the cat to b-pipe. i thought about bringin the whole thing down but i couldnt even take out the b-pipe to muffler... ARgggghhh...