4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

You ever feel like everything is breaking?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 08:23 PM

You ever feel like everything is breaking?

Sometimes I just get this feeling that nothing on my car is working 100% right...
Since I got my car everything that could possibly be worn out is. and I have already replaced so much... CV joints, Breaks, Struts, Springs, AC compressor and now Clutch, steering gear?, knock sensor, wheel bearings... who knows what else... I am just waiting for the tranny to start leaking and whining.... god I hope not...
If I had known the person who had this car before me wore it out so bad I never would have gotten it...
But anyway... I love my max... I just wish I could make it perfect... today I seafoamed it (scared the neighbors), changed the oil and will start with auto-RX when I get it in. I ordered a Knock sensor and will put that in when i get it. and if I can ever get the damn fuel line off the filter will change that (might just have to cut it off and buy a new fuel hose). I don't have the time or experience to change the clutch myself but hopefully this guy my step dad knows can do it for a decent price next weekend (got the 5th gen clutch stuff). I don't know if the tie rod or stearing gear needs to be replaced now but the boot around the left ball joint is cracked open and all the grease is all over my control arm... anyway... I will post in a couple of weeks and let you all know how my efforts to bring my car back to 95% are going...any suggestions would be appreciated...or donations
one day when I actually have money I will get it to 100% (and then someone will hit me)
Old 10-15-2005, 08:32 PM

I'm going thru some stuff with mine too. One motor mount is gone. And it feels like my tranny might go within the next year. My engine developed another leak somewhere but its not dripping down into the ground. But I know that if I spend money on this car, I could get her back to like-new condition and I'd be done with it. Get a new car and you'd be paying it for 5 years only to have it old and worn out with problems by the time you pay it off. Worse part is that you've spent well over $10k. With that kind of money, you can fix everything that is wrong with your max and fix her up and come out with a way better car than what you would get new.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:34 PM

3rd Man- I think you may be my long lost brother. I could not have said it better myself.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:54 PM

as soon as i hit 100k, problems have been popping up everywhere. i got the car at 79k. drove it to 100k with only oil changes, mini tuneup, fluid flushes, and a brake overhaul. got me through my last year of college. i hit 100,050, i see my passenger rear strut is done, so that corner is sagging. Both of the cv boots on my axles are busted open [just emailed raxles my order though]. Balljoints are done, huge exhaust leak. Belts are starting to squeal, springs are creaking, corners cracked from that pointless 'bright' mod, lip spoiler is coming off. Transmission is definitely seeing about another 6 months, surprised it got this far. dying MAF. so I guess I feel your pain. I'm thinkin 4-5 g's would bring her back top notch, it's just getting to the 4-5 g's
Old 10-15-2005, 09:15 PM

Dude....I know how it is...
Old 10-15-2005, 09:28 PM

Yeah my maxima is giving me some problems too...
The classic knock sensor, rear 02 sensor, strut mounts (bearings) groaning/clicking, motor mounts (dont know which one(s)), headrest bar ripped through all the padding and now my head hits it all the time....
Well that's not TOO bad, but it still pisses me off cuz I need my cars perfect otherwise I cant be happy or sleep at night...Its a sickness.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:05 PM

both rear hubs and bearings, both rear calipers, both rear abs sensors, (just ordered rear rotors tonite). e-brake cable, struts and shocks, all the bushingins, and isocilation coverings, all four strut mounts, strut bearings. rims/tires, front rotors, both front bearings. both lower control arms, with all the bushings and ball joints, (had to replace another ball joint a week later), inner and outter tie rods, sway bar endlinks, both axles. starter, a/c compressor, 3 brains for the alarm, brake pads, hood struts, wipers.. im sure im forgeting things. and ive only had THIS car for less than 2 yrs.

lets see.. what else is on the menu.. just had stage 1&2 sfc's installed cause the car flexed like a slinky. blehmco stage 2 ltb and new headlights/corner lights/ bumper lights cause there all cracked of fogged up are in the mail. i searching for a decent rear strut bar to help out the back a lil..

i have enough foam and tape to get rid of rattles that my car will probably float too..
Old 10-15-2005, 10:08 PM

lol
I guess I am not alone...
Old 10-16-2005, 06:50 AM

Yep but I'm giving up after I fix my current problems (coil packs and injectors). Everytime I fix something, something else comes up right after it - getting tired of it =(
Old 10-16-2005, 06:55 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

10th - just when I think one repair is done, something else has to pop up. I think my Max was one that suffered from neglect in its early life, caused by older brother
Old 10-16-2005, 12:05 PM

Not to sound insensitive here, every car goes thru that. A person grows old and starts developing aches and pains. Cars get older and things start breaking as well. These parts are made not to last forever, if they did then we'd all be driving our old maximas like its new. Same thing goes for driving habits. You beat on any car that you get your hands on and it along with other cars that you've beat on will give up eventually.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Custom Molding King!

So far in the last 3 years I have replaced the Fuel Pump and Components, Gas Tank, AC Compressor, Alternator, Both Drive Axles, Motor Mounts, Knock Sensor, lets not mention the slipping auto tranny thats going down, and major brake work was done to the front brakes.