4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Where to buy Optima Battery ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 AM

LOL, nice

If u got 2 subs i wd say get a capacitor to help with the lights. It will def make the amps work better and will help some with the dimming. Wont totally get rid of it but it will decrease.

If u pullin more than 1000 rms watts then get another battery jus for the amps.

The cap prolly cost more than a second cheapo battery so i wd say jus go with the battery
Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Black Lion

Thanks for the advice . I wouldn't go the cap route, they are totally unnecessary. There is a whole thread on caps here in the Org discussing how they don't really do anything. If I decide to go fully active with my system in the future, then I may add a second battery. In the mean time Im happy with the Optima red top.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:12 AM

yeah i got a cap 20 bucks 1.1 Farad....thats why i sd some...it helps some but will not eliminate problem.

To truly eliminate dimming u need a second battery.

CAnt go wrong with Optima...them thangs crank
Old 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Premium Sponsor

Hello, I noticed your conversation about our batteries and wanted to offer some assistance. MaximaSE96 is correct about RedTops being appropriate batteries for relatively-stock applications and YellowTops for applications with significant aftermarket electrical accessories, including car audio upgrades. Replacement batteries should offer cold cranking amps equal to or greater than the OEM battery, but beyond that, cold cranking amps are only a concern if you live somewhere cold. Reserve capacity and deep-cycling capability are far more important considerations for car audio applications.

If you do add a second battery and run two or more batteries in parallel, they need to be the same age, size and type. If you get to that point, it’s a good idea to take a look at your wiring and consider doing “The Big 3,” as there is no such thing as grounds that are “too good” and one-wire alternators are especially sensitive to good, quality grounds. If your lights are still dimming with your engine on or get brighter when you rev your engine, it indicates the alternator is not producing enough energy at that given moment and you may want to consider an alternator upgrade as well.

If you have any other battery-related questions, I’ll do my best to answer them. I appreciate your interest in Optima batteries!

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.facebook.com/optimabatteries
Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 PM

^Welcome to the ORG.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry to resurrect this thread but does anyone know if you can use both the top and side terminals on the yellow tops at the same time? I'm asking because I'm running out of space on the top terminal on mine but the side is empty.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Premium Sponsor

Hi JiggaD369,

You can use both terminals at the same time, but we recommend avoiding using the side terminals for any applications that require a high-amp draw for extended periods of time. In short, if you decide to install a winch on your car, don't connect it to the sideposts and you should be fine. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.facebook.com/optimabatteries
Old 11-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

dont buy a optima battery
go to a stereo shop and ask for a kinetik or xs power battery....i have the xs d3400....10 year lifespan and 3300 amps max