4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bose!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 03:42 PM

My bose in dash cd player is acting up. When it is hot it doesnt want to give me my cd back. I have to turn off my radio and leave it off till it cools down. I have a 2-12 jbl with a 400watt jbl amp connected to the stock sytem can that be it?
Old 07-11-2001, 03:52 PM

I have a 97 se also. I dont think that the subs you have would have anything to do with the problem your having. From time to time my Bose unit dose the same thing. What you can do to get it out is insert another CD "OVER" the cd already in the player... this frees up the stuck cd and it comes right out.( at least mine dose) Hope this helps.
Old 07-11-2001, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by thezcarguy
I have a 97 se also. I dont think that the subs you have would have anything to do with the problem your having. From time to time my Bose unit dose the same thing. What you can do to get it out is insert another CD "OVER" the cd already in the player... this frees up the stuck cd and it comes right out.( at least mine dose) Hope this helps.
Are u sure that will work cause I am not trying to get 2 cd's stuck in there.
Old 07-11-2001, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by bet97se

Are u sure that will work cause I am not trying to get 2 cd's stuck in there.
I don't know about sticking another cd in there. I only have this problem if I use cd-r's. The headunit has a built in amp that causes most of the trouble.
Old 07-11-2001, 04:27 PM

Originally posted by jay_x

I don't know about sticking another cd in there. I only have this problem if I use cd-r's. The headunit has a built in amp that causes most of the trouble.
It only happens when i put in my butleg cds
Old 07-11-2001, 05:12 PM

I know the Reason

BOSE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2001, 06:19 AM

Re: I know the Reason

Originally posted by pawn

Hell yeah I have a poped speaker and I am scared to take it to nissan cause of my system my car is still under warranty.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:23 AM

Re: Re: I know the Reason

Hell yeah I have a poped speaker and I am scared to take it to nissan cause of my system my car is still under warranty.
it cost about $400 dollars to buy a whole new speaker, i have amps sitting around at my house, cost would be around $250 ea.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:25 AM

I think that speaker is staying like that till I find a crashed max at a junkyard.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:26 AM

Hey I am a fanatic.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

BOSE isn't built for extreme volume levels. They build their systems for smooth, full bodied sound. There's not a lot of systems out there (stock) that sound as great as the BOSE.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:35 AM

BOSE isn't built for extreme volume levels. They build their systems for smooth, full bodied sound. There's not a lot of systems out there (stock) that sound as great as the BOSE.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:46 AM

Re: Re: I know the Reason

Originally posted by BSwithTF

BOSE sounds great but after a while of listening to the music at the max it start to sound like ****.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:31 AM

cdrw

speaking of CDs. I was wondering if any of you guys have taken MP3 files and stretched them out to WAV files and if it would work on the Bose.
I have purchased some bootleg cds before and when I tried to play them on the BOSE, I would get the "ERR" message--meaning it wouldn't work.

any similar experiences, I wonder?

It only happens when i put in my butleg cds
Old 07-12-2001, 11:52 AM

I guess i wassnt clear in my first post... Tell me this, when you hit the eject button on the radio can you hear the motor trying to eject the CD? If you can, insert about 1/3 to 1/2 of another cd over the stuck one. In my case the stuck cd will slide out under the one im holding in my hand. I dont know if it will work for you but what do you have to lose?
Old 07-12-2001, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by thezcarguy
I guess i wassnt clear in my first post... Tell me this, when you hit the eject button on the radio can you hear the motor trying to eject the CD? If you can, insert about 1/3 to 1/2 of another cd over the stuck one. In my case the stuck cd will slide out under the one im holding in my hand. I dont know if it will work for you but what do you have to lose?

Yeah it sounds like it is taking out the CD and it comes out but very little to little for me to even pull it. I just went out side and tried and it WORKED. Hey thanks I was getting tired of the same CD.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:21 PM

Re: cdrw

Originally posted by humaras
speaking of CDs. I was wondering if any of you guys have taken MP3 files and stretched them out to WAV files and if it would work on the Bose.
I have purchased some bootleg cds before and when I tried to play them on the BOSE, I would get the "ERR" message--meaning it wouldn't work.

Don't use CDRW's use CDR's they are for your cd player. All of my Napster/morpheous Cds work. Don't get cheap CDR's either. Some of those don't work for some reason.
Old 07-12-2001, 08:17 PM

Re: cdrw

So far every CD-R I have burned worked in the Max except for one that came free as a sample from some auction I won on e-Bay. I have used TDK, Maxell, Memorex, even the HP that came with my burner. Try some of those and see what happens. I have yet to find one that works in Chrysler products. If anyone has one, please let me know.
Old 07-12-2001, 08:36 PM

difference?

two questions for you guys:
1. what is the difference between a CDR and a CDRW? I have a CD burner on my computer--and I have copied music CD's straight off and they work on the CD player in our cars.

2. the second question is what is the procedure that you guys generally use (and have had good success with) in making MP3s into audio files and burning them.

anyone have a moment to share with me their recipe? what type of format does the files have to be in to be burned on the cds to insure that they work?
thanks

Yeah it sounds like it is taking out the CD and it comes out but very little to little for me to even pull it. I just went out side and tried and it WORKED. Hey thanks I was getting tired of the same CD.
Old 07-13-2001, 12:42 PM

Good... im glad it worked for you. I bet a few of you thought i lost my mind huh? Anyway, its all good. It feels good to have helped for once and not just getting helped by the board.
Old 07-14-2001, 02:00 AM

Re: difference?

two questions for you guys:
1. what is the difference between a CDR and a CDRW? I have a CD burner on my computer--and I have copied music CD's straight off and they work on the CD player in our cars.

2. the second question is what is the procedure that you guys generally use (and have had good success with) in making MP3s into audio files and burning them.

anyone have a moment to share with me their recipe? what type of format does the files have to be in to be burned on the cds to insure that they work?
thanks

CDR's are only recordable once and can be read by almost and cd device, CDRW's are re-writable and can only be read by CDRW compatable devices like some newer discman, you can download free programs from WWW.zdnet.com that'll switch mp3's to wav's or if you get the newer version of adaptec ez cd creator it'll switch em automatically while it records which by far is the easiest
Old 07-15-2001, 09:57 AM

thanks

thanks for the explanation. In my case, I have the CDRs since the CDs can not be reused.

Originally posted by IIOO7II

CDR's are only recordable once and can be read by almost and cd device, CDRW's are re-writable and can only be read by CDRW compatable devices like some newer discman, you can download free programs from WWW.zdnet.com that'll switch mp3's to wav's or if you get the newer version of adaptec ez cd creator it'll switch em automatically while it records which by far is the easiest
Old 07-18-2001, 07:26 AM

I AM ****ED!!!! My bose system is gone. My back speakers burnt out on me. I payed some IDIOTS $175 to install a system in my car and these C??K SUCKERS Messed my **** up. I have to listen to my front speakers only cause my wires in the back were touching and it burnt the computer on the bose. Now my system doesnt work cause I had it split from my bose line.... If any body can help please let me know.
Old 07-18-2001, 08:15 AM

I AM ****ED!!!! My bose system is gone. My back speakers burnt out on me. I payed some IDIOTS $175 to install a system in my car and these C??K SUCKERS Messed my **** up. I have to listen to my front speakers only cause my wires in the back were touching and it burnt the computer on the bose. Now my system doesnt work cause I had it split from my bose line.... If any body can help please let me know.
DAMN!! dont know what else to tell you other than its a good time to look into aftermarket audio stuff.
Old 07-18-2001, 09:28 AM

Get those monkeys to fix the system. It is very very expensive to fix that stuff because it is Bose Proprietary. If they messed it up they are the ones to fix it aren't they?
Old 07-18-2001, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by dvpatel99se

Get those monkeys to fix the system. It is very very expensive to fix that stuff because it is Bose Proprietary. If they messed it up they are the ones to fix it aren't they?
The problem is that I got this installed like 3-4 months ago. But I was planing on putting some aftermarket system in there but not right now. I am saving up for nitrous and a new clutch.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:07 AM

The problem is that I got this installed like 3-4 months ago. But I was planing on putting some aftermarket system in there but not right now. I am saving up for nitrous and a new clutch.
I guess Ebay or Junkyard is the way to go then huh?