4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ATTN: Anyone who posted on the Poormans Supercharger thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 08:27 PM

From previous thread :Ill mail all of you that posted soon if not tonight. ive done some research and took a look at a 97 max that had a new motor put in , and i might be able to score us a donor block with a broken crankshaft and/or donor heads and everything else that comes intacked with the block. but that is sketchy at the moment. we need to get organized. thanx to emax i have a list of parts that are in the stillen kit , some we will need parts similar to others will be completely different while staying with the supercharged theme. if anyones got ideas let me know im going to repost this under the new thread and hopefully we will get a larger audience.

The list so far , in no particular order, is

maxinxs
theblue
medicsonic
craig mack
dmbmaxima88
emax95
cumalot
tifosiv122
vmok
carnal_c30
smx
chebesto
jdwy2821

thats a good start, my connection is really slow so im gonna wait till tomorrow to get all your emails to mail you guys. For the time being, anything that pops in yer head, post, i read through everything i could find on chestons site www.maximadriver.com and he also put good deal of things in perspective when he posted. As for profit and such , thats not what im looking for , i want every maxima boostin , i want mustangs flying towards performance shop cause they got raped by a 4 door. If the charger idea falls through id at least like to start some sort of club. i go to the pike often and we definately need a larger following, tomorrow night is pike night , if anyone wants to meet there around like 10 then name a place or ask me to and i will post something and be there , if all goes well im going to remove everything from my ypipe back and replace with a straight pipe and im going to install my mesh grille tomorrow afternoon , so if yer there and u hear a rumblin green max its prolly me. maybe ill make my CAI too, anyways id like to get a meeting set up somewhere thats good for everyone so that we can get some real work underway. we'll also be able to set some realistic goals about all this.
post away with all your ideas
-pete
Old 08-02-2001, 08:53 PM

Startup costs?
Old 08-02-2001, 09:05 PM

no one will be asked to contribute anything but their time and some effort till its decided whether or not to start buying things, we need to decide if we are going to buy a stillen kit and rip it apart for what it is , or untill we hook up with someone whos got a kit or someone very familiar with it. So no money till parts are going to be purchased
-pete
Old 08-02-2001, 09:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey pete, I have 4 nice pictures of when I removed my SC. I have 2 pics of the blower partially on the car, I have 1 pic of the main air tube, I also have a pic of the fuel pump connected.

I did a little brainstorming and there is really only 4 things that have to be custom made, 3 of them whould not be terribly diffucult but the 4th {"gasp"} is the damn mounting plate. I will up load the pics off my digi cam onto my computer and then onto the internet. I will post them in about 1 hour. BTW I am happy to see you did not whoos{S?} out yet, I figured you allready forgot about this .
Old 08-02-2001, 10:04 PM

spiffy

sounds good to me man , one of the techs i work with used to be a machineist , maybe i can talk him into helping me find a place to make the stuff , as for the mounting plate , if stillen can do it , so can we. i dont care if they had nasa make it , we can do it too , and as long as people keep up with ideas and people keep me motivated i wont give up. i know i cant do this alone so if people stop tryin to help then theres no point, however this seems to be working well, i gotta get to bed though i will be getting up early to look at the pics, thanks alot man. i cant emphasize enoguh that absolutely anyone can help , even if u just are good finding nuts and bolts in the hardware store , everyone will get what they put in and if it all works out everyone will get their charger. can anyone name more supercharger makers besides vortech ? a friend suggested paxton , i havent had the time to do much research on them cause i work and play with the car then come on here and by the time i get my brain working its time for bed and work again , such a vicious cycle lol , anyways, everyone have a good night , and thanks again emax
Old 08-02-2001, 10:51 PM

I don't know what is up with photopoint? I just downloaded all the pics onto it but it acts as if it never recieved it? WTH! I will have to try again tomarrow, I will however post one pic that I downloded a while ago.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:59 PM

Hers a pic of the SC fully installed on my I30.
On a side note it really depreses me to look at old pics of my I30, the car was my complete dream car, it's really to bad things got nasty with it. Ohh well .

Here she was before I got ****ed. Sorry for going off topic.
Old 08-02-2001, 11:18 PM

gonna be a long day tomorrow

hey man , sorry bout everything that went down with yer car , i work at middletown nissan , maybe i can help u find another one ? We have someone that goes to auction weekly and out of the 200 used cars that ive seen go through the dealership one was a lemon. i think thats pretty good odds , we can get u whatever u want , if we dont already have it
have a good night , cheer up
-pete
Old 08-02-2001, 11:20 PM

btw

the one that was a lemon was repaired and not sold but bought by nissan themselves , the car was fine afterwards , beats me why they wanted it
-pete
Old 08-02-2001, 11:52 PM

Re: gonna be a long day tomorrow

Originally posted by MaxSE98
hey man , sorry bout everything that went down with yer car , i work at middletown nissan , maybe i can help u find another one ? We have someone that goes to auction weekly and out of the 200 used cars that ive seen go through the dealership one was a lemon. i think thats pretty good odds , we can get u whatever u want , if we dont already have it
have a good night , cheer up
-pete
Thanks for the offer dude but my I30 was not a lemon. I just got a little carried a way with it and stuff starting braking all the time and things got way out of hand. I have since completly restored it to it's oem condition adn I am selling it for full price .

I still have my 95 max and I am going to keep it for a while longer. It's a very nice car and it has always taken very good care of me.

Good night..
Old 08-03-2001, 01:13 AM

Re: btw

Middletown Nissan CT. I bought my fogs there. Thats a great place. I need a oil filter so maybe I will make I trip up
Old 08-03-2001, 05:47 AM

thats not what i meant dude , i was saying we could get u another from auction , one of the main concerns of people who hear about getting cars from auction is the possibility that they might be a lemon, and about getting carried away and breaking stuff... yeah i do that too , but im trying to tone it down a bit. too bad flying sideways through corners is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun
gtg to work , have a good day all
-pete
Old 08-03-2001, 06:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hmm. well for what it's worth, if you need pictures hosted I can put them on my website for you.

anyway I'd be interested in helping out if you need another hand. I'm broke but I can make webpages and stuff. ^_^
Old 08-03-2001, 06:40 AM

Hmmm...

I have a V1 kit that is not installed on the car yet. It will most likely be installed next weekend. If anyone of you guys wanna shoot down to Mahopac N.Y. and take a look at stuff, measure, take digipics, whutever... lemme know. If you guys are serious, I will help any way I can.
Old 08-03-2001, 10:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

MaxSE98

You should give yourself a pat on the back for your efforts. I like how you are handling things and attempting to keep everyone interested. Meeting up sometime probably won't happen since I live in KS and you live in Conneticut. That will probably be one of the biggest concerns, since we all live in different areas. But, we will always be together with the Org around. I have been thinking about this supercharger idea and about the headers Emax has every night . I just gotta have more power....it's so addicting. It seems that we have quite a good supply of info already from everyone. We need to get the parts that need fabricating and take them somewhere to be done. Keeping in mind that it would be best to have one place do everything. Atleast it would probably be cheaper...Damn, I have to get back to work, I'll post again.
Justin
Old 08-03-2001, 04:08 PM

aint nuttin

it really isnt , my only real problem is my connection, keep getting kicked off, thanks for the compliment though, ur definately going to be one of the first ones to get the kit if it reaches some production level. it was your idea after all. Delio has offered to let someone analyze his kit, the only day im free to go during the day is monday, and id need help, i can do it any day after 5 from wednesday on but if its far that means we wouldnt get down to work till like 8 so i dont know if that will fly. monday i can do it though so if anyone is interested please let me know asap. As for a website , that would be awesome , that way people on the forum could keep up to date with whats going on and maybe with some publicity we could get some sponsors. but first we need measurements ... has anyone gotten any specs yet? , any info on other superchargers?
im gonna need reinforcements to keep up with members and keep everyone organized till i get back to my dorm and get my fast connection. anyone want the job ? if so mail me or PM me. I have a digital camera at my disposal so if we could at least go down to visit delio for a little while we could write up specs on everything. ill also need someone who can research to find machine shops willing to do this , someone with some real persuasive talent because this is custom people will wanna charge bucks, my idea is to call a buncha places and get estimates from each place, then call the most expensive place and say these guys (use name their name) quoted me at this , can u do any better? , then depending on their answer call another place and say , well these guys quoted me this and maybe they will be flexible ,etc. and eventually maybe things will be at a reasonable price. today while passing taco bell near my work i saw JDwyer2821's car. it looks good dude, no riceiness at all. When i get in tonight hopefully ill be able to mail everyone that posted. if anyone is going to the pike post here or mail me , i should be there. WE NEED BOOST , and we need a club if anyones got a name in mind or knows how to organize one that would be most beneficial. i gotta get going but i will be back on this evening , ive got work AGAIN tomorrow till 6 then im headin over to the pike most likely if anyones interested in going PM Lime and tell her pete said something about a maxima meet either this weekend or next.
everyone have a safe friday night
-pete
Old 08-03-2001, 08:59 PM

Man that was my first taco from there in a year and it was good. I stopped by nissan and bought a filter I was hoping to meet you but maybe someother time. Thanks I stay as far from rice as possible. I just bought Two newer model Kicker Comps today also. Hehe I could not resist a little bass.
Old 08-03-2001, 09:41 PM

pike

i counted 8 maximas there tonight , i didnt get to race anyone , we need to band together , tonight i legitimately whooped a mustang with the 4.6 , i know its nothin special , but i think our cars are severly underestimated.
i want the whirr from the charge to come from my hood and have someone look over and be like huh , looks stock , wtf , then turn around and realize no one is their but this four door , then i want to see them frightened for their self esteem as the light turns green and i whoop em better then they've ever been whooped before , and itll happen , for all of us !!!!!! if we can do this , motivation guys motivation. "my car topped out at 140, i need NOS" no u dont need NOS u need to stop drivin a 4 banger , 139 tonight, didnt hit fuel cutoff though so maybe it was a little less. so yeah time to go fast and go to bed. night peeps