4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Lighting up the Hamburger????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 02:08 PM

i see other brands of cars with the glowing logo's and i thought that with what ours looks like it might look kinda cool...i've got a green max so i thought i could light it up green...has anyone done that?...can you buy that?...what's it offically called???...thanx for the input
Old 08-09-2001, 02:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaxSport730
i see other brands of cars with the glowing logo's and i thought that with what ours looks like it might look kinda cool...i've got a green max so i thought i could light it up green...has anyone done that?...can you buy that?...what's it offically called???...thanx for the input
I don't think they make one like your talking about. I heard the ones for Acura/Honda dies real quickly between the rain and the heat. I think it is low glow or street glow makes a kit to design your own saying that lights up..you could try that.

Erik
Old 08-09-2001, 02:58 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

you'll never see those for a Max.
Old 08-09-2001, 03:23 PM

Varad is the company I think you're thinking about.

They sell a kit where you can make a sticker light up.

It can either be a design you by from them or your own custom design.

http://www.varad.com/ed.htm

Originally posted by tifosiv122
I don't think they make one like your talking about. I heard the ones for Acura/Honda dies real quickly between the rain and the heat. I think it is low glow or street glow makes a kit to design your own saying that lights up..you could try that.

Erik
Old 08-09-2001, 05:59 PM

thats cool, have u ever seen a viper's rear emblem when it brakes? it lights up, it looks pretty sweet
Old 08-09-2001, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by clee130
Varad is the company I think you're thinking about.

They sell a kit where you can make a sticker light up.

It can either be a design you by from them or your own custom design.

http://www.varad.com/ed.htm

Your right it is varard...I forgot about them.

Thanks,
Erik
Old 08-11-2001, 05:30 PM
Irishman

lit up

i know how cool that would be! i did it on my old eclipse back in the day and it was relatively easy

i think that it would be harder for a max though. i played around with it myself about a month ago. i went on e-bay and bought some older emblems for a couple of bucks to practice on and see how it would turn out

basically what i did was take an exacto knife and try to melt the inside on the words "NISSAN" on the logo and then sand down the rough edges. it takes some time and i have not perfected it yet, but i think that it could work. it just depends on how bad you want it! then all you have to do is attach some colored glass (from a hobby store) behind it and then attach a light behind your grill.

let me know how you come out!

Old 08-11-2001, 05:31 PM
Irishman

lit up

i know how cool that would be! i did it on my old eclipse back in the day and it was relatively easy

i think that it would be harder for a max though. i played around with it myself about a month ago. i went on e-bay and bought some older emblems for a couple of bucks to practice on and see how it would turn out

basically what i did was take an exacto knife and try to melt the inside on the words "NISSAN" on the logo and then sand down the rough edges. it takes some time and i have not perfected it yet, but i think that it could work. it just depends on how bad you want it! then all you have to do is attach some colored glass (from a hobby store) behind it and then attach a light behind your grill.

Old 08-11-2001, 06:08 PM
Kevlo for President

Re: lit up

Originally posted by Irishman

cool