4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need to new breaks

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 03:34 PM

im gonna need to replace my breaks soon they are starting to slip and make an annoying squeling sound also i noticed a squel when i turn my steering wheel to the right i think that may also be from the breaks does anyone have any suggestions on what type of brakes to get should i just stay with the OEM breaks any help is appreciated thanx
Old 08-18-2001, 03:40 PM
maximaR

best stuff

Originally posted by DoPeY MaX
im gonna need to replace my breaks soon they are starting to slip and make an annoying squeling sound also i noticed a squel when i turn my steering wheel to the right i think that may also be from the breaks does anyone have any suggestions on what type of brakes to get should i just stay with the OEM breaks any help is appreciated thanx
for every day driving , stay with your stock rotors and pads. but if you are like me , and you like to get into it and jump on the gas. get , Powerslot or stillen rotors (the powerslots are slotted, and the stillen are X drilled), and Axxis metal matrix or porterfield pads. Some people say that the AXXIS pads squeal a bit , and make a lot of brake dust, but if you wash your car regularly the dust wont be a problem. And im not sure if the squealing stories are true.

Old 08-18-2001, 03:46 PM

how much would that run me?
Old 08-18-2001, 03:59 PM
maximaR

probably

how much would that run me?

the powerslot rotors will probably be around 75-80 each, and im not so sure how much the pads will run for. but youre probably looking somewhere around 300 for the whole setup 350-375 tops... and its a good setup... there is probably a group deal around for them , if not , there will be soon , check the group deal forum. AIM me if you have anything else

Old 08-18-2001, 04:02 PM

thanx for the input anyone else have experience with nw break systems
Old 08-20-2001, 05:27 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

thanx for the input anyone else have experience with nw break systems
It's possible that there could be info in this link.....

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=45742
Old 08-20-2001, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by bill99gxe

It's possible that there could be info in this link.....

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=45742
We need a grammar and punctuation sticky in the FAQ. What the hell is, "Need to new breaks"?

Need two new brakes?
Need to get new brakes?

And then there's the barely comprehensible message.

notusinganypuncutationisliketypingallyourwordslike thisosnoonecantellwhereonesentenceendsandthenextbe ginsbutwhydoesitmatteryouknewwhatimeantdidntyousow hyshouldibotheritsnotlikeyouremyboyandyouneverwill besofockofffocker!
Old 08-20-2001, 11:41 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by Maxwell

We need a grammar and punctuation sticky in the FAQ. What the hell is, "Need to new breaks"?

Need two new brakes?
Need to get new brakes?

notusinganypuncutationisliketypingallyourwordslike thisosnoonecantellwhereonesentenceendsandthenextbe ginsbutwhydoesitmatteryouknewwhatimeantdidntyousow hyshouldibotheritsnotlikeyouremyboyandyouneverwill besofockofffocker!
If I had stated this, I would be flamed.......

Maxwell is right on, though.
Old 08-21-2001, 04:49 PM

ahhh the joy of 4 years of aol
Old 08-21-2001, 05:19 PM

I would recommend getting Poerterfield carbon kevlar brake pads because mostly everyone on the boards think they are the best for the max. I just ordered a set for my '99 max and they came to $118 ($69 for the fronts and $49 for the rears). If you phone/email porterfield and tell them that you are a member of the Maxima club they will give you these prices. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2001, 06:21 PM

Need two new brakes?
Need to get new brakes?

I was thinking that this should belong in the Off Topic Forum. I figured this person irritated about not getting enough breaks at work and wanted some new ones.

Hmmm... I actually worked on a grammar/writing guide for students of mine a while back...college students at that. I wonder where that bad boy is.
Old 08-21-2001, 06:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just finished my brake upgrade and it cost me almost $500 to the penny. I got Slotted rotors on all four corners and speed bleeders from Fastbrakes.com, Axxis Metal Masters and Goodridge SS lines from Phuong and used Ford brake fluid The Axxis pads don't dust any more than stock and they definitely feel like they stop better. Hope that helps.
-hype
Old 08-22-2001, 05:53 AM

Originally posted by MarcJD

I was thinking that this should belong in the Off Topic Forum. I figured this person irritated about not getting enough breaks at work and wanted some new ones.

Hmmm... I actually worked on a grammar/writing guide for students of mine a while back...college students at that. I wonder where that bad boy is.
I can't say I'm surprised. When I was in school, most of my fellow students' writing skills were so dismal that I eventually gave up wondering how they graduated high school -- and I came to realize that that's the standard today. Nobody cares to instill in students the importance of being able to communicate properly, and the students don't have the drive to save their mothers' lives, much less learn fluent english.
Old 08-22-2001, 06:06 AM

Constructive criticism

I can't say I'm surprised. When I was in school, most of my fellow students' writing skills were so dismal that I eventually gave up wondering how they graduated high school -- and I came to realize that that's the standard today. Nobody cares to instill in students the importance of being able to communicate properly, and the students don't have the drive to save their mothers' lives, much less learn fluent english.
I agree. IMHO a question which is too hard to read is not worth answering.

Perhaps you, I, and other Maxima.Org members who care should offer polite constructive criticism to all members.

Write clearly. Make an effort to use correct grammar and punctuation.
If your question is poorly written it will not get responses from knowledgeable members.