4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

The start of my E-Manage Ultimate project

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:39 PM

well i know i am running pig rich all the way though cause of the dek injectors. so im pretty sure im safe.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 PM

damn huh i wonder why when i use duration it doesnt work... :'(
the reason i wanted to use duration was simply because of the fact that dan (dandymax) says it easier/more accurate to use durations over duty cycle (especially when it comes to raising the rev limit). but if i cant get this figured out i will just have to use duty cycle

to answer your question no i havent played with extending the limiter, or any other features because i wanted to be my A/F ratio good first.

And maximaspd85, if you have a WB o2 then you can tune yourself, if not then you will obviously need to use a dyno and hook up their WB to tune
Old 04-07-2008, 02:46 AM

i never thought of it till now im going have to redo all this work anyways since im sure ill have to make quite the adjustment. wow wtf was i doing?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by locknuts
i never thought of it till now im going have to redo all this work anyways since im sure ill have to make quite the adjustment. wow wtf was i doing?

hmm what do u mean? you were using DC and are going to switch to duration? btw even thouh you are running rich with the dek injectors, i wouldnt screw around with the fuel maps too much yet just to be safe, untill you hook up the WB
Old 04-07-2008, 11:27 AM

no i am using duration with no problems
Old 04-13-2008, 11:39 AM

before tune

After auto tune

as you can see before i tuned i was running pig rich 11.0:1 and even at times i would be running 10.5:1. just from the auto tune i pretty much am at 13.2-13.5 but when i go up higher rpms i will run about 12.1-12.6 so there is deffently some minor adjustments. but after all this i am very pleased with the outcome.

I did have some issues with running the auto tune. My first problem was that i didnt have the water temp wire hooked up to my ecu. then i hooked that up and i started overheating!! that scared me but then i read the jumper settings on the write up and jumper 13 i belive is suppose to be open so the fans turn on. So after all that it still wouldnt auto tune so i switch to duty cycle intead of duration and it worked. but i also put in my injector sizes cause it asks for injector size before and after(ie i put 259cc old de to 290cc dek) so i dont know if it was that that did it or changing the inj from duration to duty cycle. i learn more as i play with it more. maybe someone can chime in and clairify what is going on with my tune cough cough dandymax cough cough