4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

FREE PAINTJOB NEED OPINIONS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Grumpy old guy

Originally Posted by scmaxima
hmm alright, i think that im sticking with the ever deep green color because it would be really complicated for no reason. =[
so anyways, i need to know where should i get the paint from , i think the tone is DP0, but this is maxima code so yea.

and what ill be doing is let him paint the whole hood, the 2 fenders, the front and rear bumper cause i think the guy that i bought the car from used the parts from a plain black car.

so when hes done with those, is it possible that he can like only paint the small scratches all over the car, like they are very small but still noticeable.

last question and i know you guys said it but i need to get everything correct.

i need to buy .... primer? clear coat? the color itself?

please correct me if im wrong, and/ or give me the amounts that i need to paint, and like where should i buy it from?
home depot? lol idk =/

thanks guys
really appreciate your support .
Tell your painter you've decided to stick with the stock color and ask him where to buy, brand and quantities. He's the painter so don't going making paint decisions without his input.

He may need reducers and hardeners as well as paint, primer, clearcoat, but then again if you buy his brand he may already have some he can use.

Basically what I've seen a few times in this thread and what I'm reiterating is ask your painter.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

origianl

i personally love the original paint color. that green really gets people when they see it. i like black but want to feel different.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nozama
Tell your painter you've decided to stick with the stock color and ask him where to buy, brand and quantities. He's the painter so don't going making paint decisions without his input.

He may need reducers and hardeners as well as paint, primer, clearcoat, but then again if you buy his brand he may already have some he can use.

Basically what I've seen a few times in this thread and what I'm reiterating is ask your painter.
thanks for ure input.
i actually didnt think about that
i will be talk to him very soon and keep u guys updated.
and btw, i just noticed that both doors are black too lmaoo =/
thats gonna be a pain for him i think because basically i will ask him to do like the whole car..
will it be hard for him or anyone to do doors?
Old 12-25-2009, 04:44 PM

I would stick with the black. Mostly because color changes are so much trouble. You have to get thye door jams, inside of the trunk, and under the hood. Under the hood is usually skipped because of the impossibility of removing all of the engine parts easily.

Find a nice black, or dark grey. Or if you want to do a 2 tone, just make sure one of the tones is black.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:29 PM

oh ok. so thats what im doing.
i will buy the mix of black and ever deep green
my question is tho, about how much paint do i need for the whole car excluding the roof??
can anyone thats been through this before tell me.
thanks