4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

After Market Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 12:43 PM

After Market Leather Seats

I am thinking about ordering some two-tone leather seats from leatherseats.com (black with light grey inserts) and the Maxima logo embroidered on. I did a search and couldn't find an answer to my question:
Once I get the leather delivered to my house, what kind of place would do the install? I've never seen a leather seat installation center around here. I could most likely get the back seat done, and maybe the fronts (probably not), but the door inserts are the killer and I wouldn't want to ruin them or the door with the glue. Anyone have an recommendations as to where I could get it done? I live on Long Island in Nassau. Thanks for any advice.
Tony
Old 12-21-2001, 12:49 PM

Re: After Market Leather Seats

Originally posted by araffio
I am thinking about ordering some two-tone leather seats from leatherseats.com (black with light grey inserts) and the Maxima logo embroidered on. I did a search and couldn't find an answer to my question:
Once I get the leather delivered to my house, what kind of place would do the install? I've never seen a leather seat installation center around here. I could most likely get the back seat done, and maybe the fronts (probably not), but the door inserts are the killer and I wouldn't want to ruin them or the door with the glue. Anyone have an recommendations as to where I could get it done? I live on Long Island in Nassau. Thanks for any advice.
Tony
Sometimes body shops do that stuff...find a good one where they consider themselves "craftsmen"...
Old 12-21-2001, 12:53 PM

Some upholstry places will also do cars.

SuDZ
Old 12-21-2001, 12:54 PM

Re: Re: After Market Leather Seats

Originally posted by KGBSJU

Sometimes body shops do that stuff...find a good one where they consider themselves "craftsmen"...
"Craftsmen" huh? haha Ok Ill go looking.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:55 PM

Re: After Market Leather Seats

Originally posted by araffio
Tony
well.... if you were in chicago area, we could do it together. cause me and max7 are planning on installing em together. and it shouldn't be that hard. it just takes a while.... if you took it to the shop and got it done theyll charge you goo 2-300 buck. it takes about 7-8 hours. so better think again and read the installation instruction and do it yourself.... thats just ma thought....

Tae
Old 12-21-2001, 07:31 PM

Re: Re: After Market Leather Seats

Originally posted by taeMAX97

well.... if you were in chicago area, we could do it together. cause me and max7 are planning on installing em together. and it shouldn't be that hard. it just takes a while.... if you took it to the shop and got it done theyll charge you goo 2-300 buck. it takes about 7-8 hours. so better think again and read the installation instruction and do it yourself.... thats just ma thought....

Tae
Yea I'm afraid of getting raped to have them installed. I have the patience of a saint, and I am quite handy when it comes to projects like that. Maybe I'll just suck it up and go for it on my own. I can take as much time as I like and it's free. I'll decide soon. Thanks for the help...
Old 12-21-2001, 09:44 PM

no problem...
im just glad that your gonna spend some quality time on your max and good luck

tae
Old 12-21-2001, 10:16 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

"AndyXXL" installed his aftermarket 2-tone leather himself.. if he can do it.. it's probably not that hard.

There are upholstery shops, they should do it. look some up, call em up.. find out. but leatherseats.com provides a self installation kit as well and good directions.
Old 12-21-2001, 10:25 PM

Try it yourself

you should try it yourself first. If you find yourself overwhelmed half way through, a shop will still take your money to do it for you.
Look for a customizing shop. There are a lot of shops that do that sort of work for dealerships. My buddy worked at one in austin called Holt Customs. They did a lot of luxury trucks & stuff for the area dealerships.

-Zack
Old 12-21-2001, 11:21 PM

ask your dealer about what aftermarket shops they use for leather and sunroofs (i know of 2 shops around here that do both leather and sunroofs)it shouldnt be too hard to find one. like tae said, $ is the real issue.
Old 12-22-2001, 12:42 AM

If your gonna do it on your own at first but not sure if you will have someone else finish then make sure you dont start with the drivers seat. Just a tip.

SuDZ
Old 12-22-2001, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ
If your gonna do it on your own at first but not sure if you will have someone else finish then make sure you dont start with the drivers seat. Just a tip.

SuDZ
I was planning on starting with the back bench seat actually to get the hang of it first. Doesn't seem too hard to remove the old stuff and put the new stuff in with those hog rings. Probably just takes some time to get the hang of it, like anything else.