4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stolen from drivaway

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Glad you got it back man. When I saw that intercooler in the 1st pic I wrote your car off as gone forever. Must be crackheads breaking into these cars. Now you get a chance to fix it and secure it. Oh yeah to all readers, disconnect your trunk pop button that is in the door.

Thieves have to break the steering wheel lock and ignition to drive the car. I had to drive my car to the insurance place with a screwdriver when they tried to steal it. They offered to tow but I figured why wait for those clowns.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
Oh yeah to all readers, disconnect your trunk pop button that is in the door.
Explanation??
Old 03-02-2011, 10:42 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Since most thieves have a key for the door, it probably won't work in the trunk since that lock is not as worn down as the doors, they usually just hit the button to get back there. Disconnect it if you have stereo stuff back there or relocated your battery.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:14 AM

Glad you got it back man I don't know what I would do without mine.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 AM

man you got real lucky...for what they took those ******** could have just broken in the car and left the car alone. i hate thieves
Old 03-03-2011, 05:01 AM

Since most thieves have a key for the door, it probably won't work in the trunk since that lock is not as worn down as the doors, they usually just hit the button to get back there. Disconnect it if you have stereo stuff back there or relocated your battery.
Yeah but once they get inside, they can still access the trunk from the back seat.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 AM

im glad you got her back time for a kill switch
Old 03-03-2011, 06:54 AM

I replaced all my door key cylinders with new ones. The driver door was so worn ANY key would open it .

How do u disconnect the trunk? Mines isnt in the door
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
Yeah but once they get inside, they can still access the trunk from the back seat.
Yeah, but the trunk access from the back seat is real small. U aint gettin my 12" sub through that access hole.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by cashoit
Yeah, but the trunk access from the back seat is real small. U aint gettin my 12" sub through that access hole.
Maybe I haven't taken off my back seat in a while but I know its only 2 screws but they can also unscrew the plate behind to gain larger access to the trunk. Yeah my trunk switch is the same as yours probably. Trunk and gas on same lever..
Old 03-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Damn, these stupid thevies, I think everyone here should just pause and think about a good thieft system. I have been noticing lot's of people are stealing Nissan's I think we should step our game up and watch out for each other. I think this is just the begining, just wait tell the weather gets nice than your really going to see thieft and stupid crackheads on the run. I am glad you got yours back.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
KH3 by popular demand

Originally Posted by Trini Boom
Maybe I haven't taken off my back seat in a while but I know its only 2 screws but they can also unscrew the plate behind to gain larger access to the trunk. Yeah my trunk switch is the same as yours probably. Trunk and gas on same lever..
The key is if they get in the car make everything hard for them to steal, if they can't move the car they are on limited time, they may not take the time and risk of getting detected. I found out the hard way that you can claim your car audio if you have a receipt and if your amps and box are bolted down, but if it is not bolted down in the trunk the insurance will not cover it. They are supposed to cover headunits and anything in the cabin however. One reason why I just run the stock headunit, don't need the attention. So for added security, bolt down boxes and amps and ditch those sheetrock screws holding your subs with 2-3 different types of security screws.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 AM

One reason why I just run the stock headunit, don't need the attention.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:40 AM

wtf is wrong with people?? this kind of behavior makes me sooo angry. i had my car in jersey city for 1 day and someone tried to take it. they punched my ignition, and smashed 2 windows. nothing was taken from the car. i called to police and they said it was towed for "safe keeping." yea, real safe and $300 later.

Good thing my car is hard to start, they cranked and cranked and killed the battery. idiots.

anyways, i got a new ignition and brought it to a locksmith that matched my original keys to it so i wouldnt have to deal with 2 sets of keys. i think it was $100 to match the keys to the ignition or whatever he did.

good luck with the repairs. I would do something to your car, immobilizer or camera or something. now that they know your car is there and see it back, whats gonna keep them from trying to take it again?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Swazey
wtf is wrong with people?? this kind of behavior makes me sooo angry. i had my car in jersey city for 1 day and someone tried to take it. they punched my ignition, and smashed 2 windows. nothing was taken from the car. i called to police and they said it was towed for "safe keeping." yea, real safe and $300 later.

Good thing my car is hard to start, they cranked and cranked and killed the battery. idiots.

anyways, i got a new ignition and brought it to a locksmith that matched my original keys to it so i wouldnt have to deal with 2 sets of keys. i think it was $100 to match the keys to the ignition or whatever he did.

good luck with the repairs. I would do something to your car, immobilizer or camera or something. now that they know your car is there and see it back, whats gonna keep them from trying to take it again?
I completely agree people have nothing else to do. I'm in process of installing an immobilizer and also Ill be installing a GPS tracking device in the car in case they somehow get it running I will still see where they are and that tracking system comes with remote engine kill which makes life just so much better.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Swazey

Hey question, to match up the keys to work in the cylinder, do you have to take off the cylinder for them to do it? My trunk cylinder is different on a recent max I purchased.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by urmab
I completely agree people have nothing else to do. I'm in process of installing an immobilizer and also Ill be installing a GPS tracking device in the car in case they somehow get it running I will still see where they are and that tracking system comes with remote engine kill which makes life just so much better.

are there gps services with no monthly?? you researched it yet or have one in mind?

i was considering..
Old 03-05-2011, 01:59 AM

A GPS wired car would probably be the best security device! Even if stolen you would be able to find it very quickly. And the GPS should have a dedicated battery that is independant of the main one, but would still charge off the alternator.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:37 PM

http://www.zoombak.com/products/service-plans/

They have a 399$ lifetime option ... pay once and .. thats it!

Dunno anybody using them tho
Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM

GOOD TO EFFIN HEAR MAN!!, us maxy owners we all need to stick together because as the car gets older the owners get younger.

Last edited by 96maxgxe; 03-06-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:08 PM

Maxima meet in Queens? we can lour the thief in and all BUM RUSH HIM!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by 96maxgxe
Maxima meet in Queens? we can lour the thief in and all BUM RUSH HIM!
Yes that sounds like a plan I'm down for it
Old 03-07-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by 98MaximaDriver
are there gps services with no monthly?? you researched it yet or have one in mind?

i was considering..
I researched few companies that have been in business for a while since there are a lot of "overnight" shops that disappear

http://www.rmtracking.com/gpsproduct...rt_tracker.php

I think this is the best and the cheapest option the unit is 175 no monthly fees you only pay if your car have been stolen you can then locate it and they offer remote engine kill so if they take your car you can just shut the engine off.

http://www.intouchmvc.com/
another option 245 for the unit and $100 for 6 month of service.

There are more options out there this is what I just found so far