4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cattman Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:08 PM

OT but Aaron what size/class SD card are you using for the GP? I just picked one up and tried the highest HD quality (r5) and It came out hella laggy. Using a class 4 4gb that I got from Big Lots at the moment.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by VQ'rInWLA
OT but Aaron what size/class SD card are you using for the GP? I just picked one up and tried the highest HD quality (r5) and It came out hella laggy. Using a class 4 4gb that I got from Big Lots at the moment.
A class 6 should be fine, be careful what brands you buy. Some perform better than others. I just bought a sandisk class 10 16gb on sale from best buy for $60. Works well in my DSLR for 1080p
Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 AM

Bit more than what Im looking to spend at the moment. I was looking at this siht

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingston-32GB-SD...#ht_615wt_1139
Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 AM

I have no idea, all I know is it takes FOREVER to xfer vids from it.

It's not my camera, it's my friends, but his car is in a million pieces, so I can use it whenever.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 AM

Must be a low classed SD card. I've been looking on eGay and found a class 10 32gb SD card for a dub which is reasonabl for that speed and capacity. Will order it when I get a chance.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by CautiousDriver
Lol i called him you must of meant for 5 gens, i want for 4gen
CATTMAN said they are the same from 95-03 and if you need a EGR port he can add one for you, this is for the headers not for the exhaust if that what you was trying to get...
Old 07-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Black Lion

Cattman exhaust

And thats true for both 2.5 and 3" Wiz?
I had no issues with my 2.5 regarding fitment. However, with the 3.0, mine rattles a bit by the muffler heatshield (its not as bad as it sounds) and also I had to have a new bong welded on to relocate the O2 sensor (old O2 broke due to clearance issues) in the resonator to a different position on the resonator. The old bong was plugged, the new bong and O2 sensor now clears the area under the car.

I was the only one out of the batch of Cattman 3.0 that had issues with clearance around the resonator 02 sensor. FYI
Old 07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Stromung showed up with the B-pipe pretty much done. Pretty much all his time was spent checking and calc'ing clearances over the axle, as that seemed to be his biggest concern. This is mostly likely because he forgot how 4th gen's have quit a bit of clearance over the axle, where 5th gens are really tricky and need very precise placement. He also hung the muffler, fabbed up some piping, fabbed the tip, and looked at tip placement. Tip placement was the only thing I added my .02 cents in, as I felt it wasn't my job nor my place to get under the car, inspect his work and tell him what to do and not do. Tip placement is subjective, so I felt ok to speak up and try to imagine what I would like and the masses as well.

Overall, the "prototyping" was very short. I speculate (key word speculate) that Stromung used his jig for the 2.5" system and simply made a 3" version of the B-pipe. This would explain why the 2.5" system bangs a little bit, and the 3" system a little bit more, since after all it's 1/4 inch closer to the trailing arm.

Once a real 3" system was fabricated, I offered to go for test fitting, but Cattman felt confident that the design was solid and said no thanks to my offer. The batch of 10 systems was then made and distributed to us.
WOW I didn't know that Brian skipped a final product fitment on your car even though you offered. Maybe just maybe that final test fitment would have solved many of the complaints of rattling made today.

I would even go as far as saying Brian should have let you drive around with the final product a couple weeks to ensure there was no issues before distributing the final product to us all.. But what do I know.

I think I may be the one that had the most complaints about this 3.0 Cattman

First, the exhaust tip on mine didn't extend past the bumper like it did on the 2.5 Cattman I owned. Result I spent an extra 50 bucks to purchase blank flanges from Brian to correct the issue, The tip now extends about 1" past the bumper... problem solved.

Second, I Had issues with rattling but they are miner and can be solved by bending the heat shield above the muffler.

Third, for some reason my B pipe bend I believe (I have no proof of this, just a guess) may have shifted the entire exhaust about one to two inches off center that caused my clearance issue that damaged my 02 sensor which I would up paying and addition 260 bucks for the new sensor and weld a new bong for proper clearance.

Overall I am happy with this exhaust despite the problems I had. It sounds awesome and I can feel lower end gains. Since Im looking to turbo I wouldn't want any other 3.0 exhaust on my car.

Last edited by maxprivate; 07-03-2011 at 06:42 PM.