4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

whats worst place to ever break down at.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:32 PM

whats worst place to ever break down at.

well decided to take my gf and i to the river and do some property work....
this is about 60 miles away from home, and about 45 miles to any kind of car store. well once i leave the property my battery light comes on due to a belt tensioner malfunction, so i try my best to keep the car working without using all the battery life so i take it back to the property to try to fix the problem.
Name:  Photo0225.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  31.0 KB
so with a lacking tool set, i tried my best to fix the tensioner.
so i turned on the car and left the property.

ten miles down the road and shut off time for the car.
Name:  Photo0235.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  19.1 KB
high summer texas heat, no shade, no food, no cell phone service..... all alone bymyself.
had about 30 cars past me and not ONE person asked if i needed help,
so im sat
and sat...
Name:  Photo0238.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  14.4 KB
got super hot and the only shade i got was in the back seats. got bored and started taking pictures...
heres my view of my breakdown...
Name:  Photo0236.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  14.7 KB
this was about at 2pm.
so i decide to take a little walk down this road, little as in ill never wanna walk down a texas lonely road again type of walk....
and finally got signal..
called AAA, which the only driver that was able to get me from where i was at happened to be in Austin Tx at the time. i was deep in Bandera TX!!!
so the waiting game again.
idk how i have so much patience, but yeah after a couple hours with no music, just quite wilderness, it was time for the sun to go down..... still no AAA:/
Name:  Photo0239.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  7.9 KB
all this waiting over a small $7 part from the junkyard.....
probably also a high tow rate cost:/
possibly a ****ty day for me, lol but i managed to keep my head up.
and after hours of waiting, a tow man gets here to save my car from the nocturnal killers.
Name:  Photo0240.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  7.6 KB
thanks AAA for the longtime service,
should be back on the road again by the end of tomorrow.
wish me luck!

so if you been broken down somewhere odd, post it up here, and tell us your experience!!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear about that experience, that truly sucks.

Next time you have a breakdown out in an area like that, raise your hood. If someone just sees you sitting on the side of the road, they're going to keep driving by unless you signal them in some way that you're broken down.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:09 PM

LOL, I was in Bandera 2 weeks ago with my GF to see the "scenery". Those roads are definitely not lowered car friendly. Sorry about your car though. Sean @ IPS moved his shop to Bandera road in San Antonio. I've been meaning to go check out his shop.

A few months ago, I went to Austin to go help a stranded friend. On the way back at 3AM, my alternator went out on I-35. My insurance is great and they were super helpful. The biggest issue was getting a towing company with a flatbed in the middle of nowhere for my car. I had to go to work at 8:00AM that next morning!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:49 AM

yeah it sucked!
no ac, think my alternator went out.
lol
so which part of bandera did sean move the shop too?
might just take my car to him monday if he's not busy.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:53 PM

He's off of Reindeer trail on Bandera
Old 06-24-2012, 10:35 PM

ooh scary.. I'm driving my 4th gen to Baton Rouge on Tuesday from Baytown and back the same day.. I hope I don't have any breakdowns... knock on wood.

The car only has 63k miles on it.. A/C has a small leak and the infamous valve cover oil leak.. no other major mechanical issues that I know of.. Rear struts are dead... But I don't plan on racing lol
Old 06-25-2012, 03:18 PM

OMG the scariest place to break down for me had to be a few years ago when my 95 maxima was having problems that I couldn't identify and it would randomly shut off, usually after stopping for a short time. (Discovered it was a MAF problem)

I go into one of those turning lanes on the left side of the road to go into my apt complex. One of the lanes with no traffic light. So I wait for a good time to go, and I begin to turn and my car shuts of, mind you this is at around 5 pm during rush hour. The car rolls a little bit to a stop, and I get stuck in the middle of a 3 lane road with cars whizzing in back and in front of me. That was ****n scary.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Near the top of a mountain in a town called odd. Dead cellphone, in the middle of a blizzard, at 2 am. That was a greaatttt night.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:07 PM

loll i had a del sol that screwed me once and left me blocking oncoming traffic, sucks when everyones pissed and honking!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 PM

I had an older mopar it was a 1986 doge ram had a 318 bored .60 over hurst shifter the muncie 4speed bi edelbroc double pumper high rise intake headers uhh had heads ported and polished from a 360 along with the cam...i just bought a brand new. alluim radiator from jegs and alumi fan..so i went to see if it ran any cooler right..drove good was running cooler well decided to crack down on it ill be damn if i forgot to torqu my fan nuts down and BOOM!! Right thru a 300 dollar rad along with a new 100 fan thru radiator it went...left my cell phone on the bumper i guess it fell off some****in where lol waited 2 hrs and buddie shows up said what happen i said ahh nothing just aint broke down and pooring antifreeze on the ground...its just stoped to **** lol but he gives me ride to my house and i heard my phone ringing and be damn if h didnt pick it up off side of the road he said i found this in the road..i aid hell thats my phone...it was just messed up..atleast i got my phone back lol
Old 06-27-2012, 04:48 AM

sounds like youre just a dumbass
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 AM

when did this happen? these past few days its been in the 100's. glad you made it back to society ok.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 PM

Naa if i was a dumbass i wouldnt have a 11 sec maxima or a use to have a 8 sec full size truck...or if i was a dumbass i wouldnt have built the motor from a blueprint at the age of 12..yea i might just be a dumbass..lol nerv of some people..naaa this happened along time ago it was like 5 years ago it was in winter cold but not to bad lol
Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I was driving in my 97 max and my dash lit up! my alt had gone out and my battery was dead. it was about 12am until help came by. I was in the middle of a busy road it sucked
Old 06-27-2012, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by maxima2fst4u
Naa if i was a dumbass i wouldnt have a 11 sec maxima or a use to have a 8 sec full size truck...or if i was a dumbass i wouldnt have built the motor from a blueprint at the age of 12..yea i might just be a dumbass..lol nerv of some people..naaa this happened along time ago it was like 5 years ago it was in winter cold but not to bad lol
b1tch my maxima does a LOT of things in 11 seconds.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 PM

My maxima has never left me stranded yet but im sure it will do to a faulty alternator or sensor
Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by GGENIUS
b1tch my maxima does a LOT of things in 11 seconds.
Im glad it does but this is not the place to call someone a dumbass im sure u have done some dumb stuf we all have if u wanna be a jerk or a smart *** go to civic forums..talk about lot of bs there always fighting eachother over dumb stuff....
Old 06-27-2012, 06:16 PM

Im glad it does but this is not the place to call someone a dumbass im sure u have done some dumb stuf we all have if u wanna be a jerk or a smart *** go to civic forums..talk about lot of bs there always fighting eachother over dumb stuff....
Simply Agree....this is suppose to be a community where we come together as one and share advice and experiences to help one another.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 PM

I like maxima forum..everyone gets along great no bashes on someones idea or question u know..when i had a civic i was in the community and every comment some one wrote thats stupid or ur a retard for tring that ideal..here we are he yea go for it tel us if works or not...why i got rid of my civic cause every civic owner talked way too much shyt and had an attuide...not many maxima owners ive meet has this problem
Old 06-27-2012, 07:19 PM

i was just ****ing with you man. if you cant take a little name calling youre not gonna last long.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 PM

one day when i had my accord, yes i had an H car, i woke up and just didnt feel like going to work. so i called in and said my battery was dead and that i was waiting on my cousin to come jump me off and ill be there as soon as i can. went back to sleep for like 3 more hours and went to work. got off work around like 5ish and was getting on the highway and guess what? my alternator goes out!! and to top it all off its pouring down raining and im suppose to be going to nopi the next day. after a long 3 hour ride home with no lights, radio, windsheild wipers, my cousin behind me and my buddy in front of me i managed to get a new alternator put on. then we start the car and the belt isnt on right. its literally eating the belt as it ran. cut the car off and got it towed to pep boys ($50 for about a 4 mile trip) and got everything straightened out