4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

KEYLESS ENTRY HORN, please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2002, 01:07 PM

KEYLESS ENTRY HORN, please help

hey guys,
My keyless entry works fine but it dosen't make that noise when you lock and unlock.I checked the horn and it works fine.
please help,
TIA
Jay
Old 01-13-2002, 01:10 PM

Re: KEYLESS ENTRY HORN, please help

its not supposed to
Old 01-13-2002, 01:15 PM

mine dosent
Old 01-13-2002, 01:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's not supposed to, there have been a lot of threads on this subject over the life of the board but no one has done it.
Old 01-13-2002, 01:56 PM

A while ago I followed some post here and found the relay in the trunk
area, and connected a buzzer to it. It sounded ugly when lock and unlock. I think the only thing I need to do is find a nice sounding device.
Old 01-13-2002, 02:53 PM

It should be easy to do...haven't done it myself though. All you would need to do is to wire in a relay from to your power door lock system (12-39) in the Haynes manual. Check what signals come from Data line A-1 and A-2. This should activate your door lock solenoids. Take power from your turn signals on page 12-33. Finally hook into the horn.

This is a quick and rather dirty way to do it Every time your signals ar blinking and you manually lock your door the horn will also sound....so it isn't the prettiest way.

Have to study it more to let you know better
Old 01-13-2002, 03:41 PM

Nigel, so does that mean when you put on your turning signals the horn will start going off? Cause that would be a pretty bad idea. Or did you just mean that when you lock your car and the clear corners blink that the horn would go off then.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:01 PM
U wanna try me young boy?

Originally posted by RPMaxima
Nigel, so does that mean when you put on your turning signals the horn will start going off? Cause that would be a pretty bad idea. Or did you just mean that when you lock your car and the clear corners blink that the horn would go off then.
There is a special relay in the trunk that the BCM computer uses to activate the turn signals when you lock with the keyless remote. You would have to study the wiring diagram to see if the regular turn signals would also trigger your audible signal.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by RPMaxima
Hehe that would be pretty dumb....NO, the power comes from the turn signals BUT only gets activated when the turn signals are on AND the door lock is activated.

So if your engine is running, your turn signals are ON AND you hit the door lock switch on the driver's side you would also trigger the horn...that's the only time it would trigger when you didn't want it to.

it's not pretty. If you can hook into the relay in the trunk that activates ONLY when the door lock is sensed, that would be the best. I will experiment when I get some time and let you know.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

On a 5th gen you can hold both lock and unlock buttons on the remote for number of seconds to switch between quiet or beepy mode. don't know about you guys though...
Old 01-13-2002, 09:28 PM

What's up with that?
Old 01-13-2002, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Scruit

There is a special relay in the trunk that the BCM computer uses to activate the turn signals when you lock with the keyless remote. You would have to study the wiring diagram to see if the regular turn signals would also trigger your audible signal.
If you tap into the wiring that has green/yellow or green/black you could use that to activate the horn. There is a 10A fuse in the system. Don't know if you would have to change that too.

This way you would only get the horn beeps when you activate the remote lock.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:26 AM

no flashing turn lights

Originally posted by Scruit

I have fund this relay in my trunk - but it doesn`t "klick" when I lock or unlock. Has anyone an idea why ? (also the turn-lights don`t flash when locking/unlocking). I`d like to have this feature (at least the turnlights flashing). What can I do ?

my car is a 96 Maxima QX 3.0 with keyless entry, leather, sunroof, ...

Please help.

Markus
Old 10-16-2002, 06:25 AM

Re: no flashing turn lights

Originally posted by Eddi79

I have fund this relay in my trunk - but it doesn`t "klick" when I lock or unlock. Has anyone an idea why ? (also the turn-lights don`t flash when locking/unlocking). I`d like to have this feature (at least the turnlights flashing). What can I do ?

my car is a 96 Maxima QX 3.0 with keyless entry, leather, sunroof, ...

Please help.

Markus
I started this thread long ago and have also solved this problem on my 95 max.It now beeps and blinks at the same time for about $20.Regarding you not hearing or seeing clicks and blinks check the relay near the trunk release latch.It's a brownish/ beige relay and you can't miss it.There's a thread where a guy has done it and he has a link to his website which has all the details...i found the link and hope this helps..

http://www.rcreations.com/public/CoD...e,0t,P=29.html

take care,
Jay
Old 10-16-2002, 08:12 AM

Re: Re: no flashing turn lights

Thanks for the link. I Will try to check with multimeter.

Best wishes Markus
Old 10-16-2002, 09:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: no flashing turn lights

Hey my lights haven't flashed in months when I hit the lock button. could my BCM computer or what ever be messed up? How could I test. And where is that thing located. This is driving me crazy, I've left it aloen for a while but I would liek to have it working again. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:36 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: no flashing turn lights

Originally posted by elcid
Hey my lights haven't flashed in months when I hit the lock button. could my BCM computer or what ever be messed up? How could I test. And where is that thing located. This is driving me crazy, I've left it aloen for a while but I would liek to have it working again. Thanks.
There is a big how to on maximadriver.com on how to make a 4th gen beep when it alarms.... i did it to my 97SE,, the horn sounds cheezy and is quiet, but if you want the link is there.
ryan