4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got 95-96 DavidL tails, installed them, and...WELL....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by Smooth Operator

refer to sig to see why they dont have altezzas.
LMAO to that!
Old 02-04-2002, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ptatohed

You kiss your mother with that mouth?
[/QUOTE

i can see where craig mack is coming from he just wants to get an opinion. i can barely notice the imperfection but maybe its the computer. david is a cool guy i had a pair of clear tailights that he painted for me dropped them off to him he had them ready in a couple of days. but then again that was before this gd started. not to mention he lives about 10minutes from me. anyway let him know your not happy with them and see what he can do. like i said he`s a nice guy he`ll do the right thing.
Old 02-05-2002, 12:59 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 96MAXIMAGXE
Originally posted by ptatohed

You kiss your mother with that mouth?
[/QUOTE

i can see where craig mack is coming from he just wants to get an opinion. i can barely notice the imperfection but maybe its the computer. david is a cool guy i had a pair of clear tailights that he painted for me dropped them off to him he had them ready in a couple of days. but then again that was before this gd started. not to mention he lives about 10minutes from me. anyway let him know your not happy with them and see what he can do. like i said he`s a nice guy he`ll do the right thing.
See sprint there ARE people with level heads ! wow

'96MaxGXE, thank you, you are right I just want some opinions. They look gorgeous especially since my car is black from a distance, and up closer from a level view they look good, but then I stand up and look at em close and I can see the drips. But I already explained that so...

If anyone else has any opinion, shoot.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:09 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

I think they look 100x better than Altezzas and 3x better than the oem orange ones. From what I can see, the imperfections are slight, like your orignal post said. I know you expected perfection, but you have to remember it's a normal guy doing this work, not a cnc machine.

It's sorta like how you tried to paint your front lip right? I know the difference is that you paid for this work but you can see how this kind of work would not always some out 10000% perfect. Just like you could have paid a pro to paint your lip, and even then, it wouldn't come out 1000% perfect every time.

Originally posted by Craig Mack

'96MaxGXE, thank you, you are right I just want some opinions. They look gorgeous especially since my car is black from a distance, and up closer from a level view they look good, but then I stand up and look at em close and I can see the drips. But I already explained that so...

Old 02-05-2002, 01:17 PM

Originally posted by Smooth Operator

refer to sig to see why they dont have altezzas.

That car my friend, is a Skyline... Woom hahaha
jk..
anyways, I like my altezzas and I'm proud to look like a Police car since all you will fear me! WOOM HAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-05-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I think they look 100x better than Altezzas and 3x better than the oem orange ones. From what I can see, the imperfections are slight, like your orignal post said. I know you expected perfection, but you have to remember it's a normal guy doing this work, not a cnc machine.

It's sorta like how you tried to paint your front lip right? I know the difference is that you paid for this work but you can see how this kind of work would not always some out 10000% perfect. Just like you could have paid a pro to paint your lip, and even then, it wouldn't come out 1000% perfect every time.

Jeff I always love to read your posts, you have alot of good stuff to say !

Anyways, I do realize he is a normal guy. I think i'm just gonna keep 'em. Would you ?
Old 02-05-2002, 01:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

Anyways, I do realize he is a normal guy. I think i'm just gonna keep 'em. Would you ?
nah... get altezzas
Old 02-05-2002, 01:32 PM
I'm needing a caw

Oh yeah, trust me, the only person who would notice something that small is you. Or someone that's 2" from your tails(who really has no business being theere, unless it's at a meet or it's a buddy.

I'd keep them. Really nice red color(not pink), looks factory in every way.

Old 02-05-2002, 01:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Oh yeah, trust me, the only person who would notice something that small is you. Or someone that's 2" from your tails(who really has no business being theere, unless it's at a meet or it's a buddy.

I'd keep them. Really nice red color(not pink), looks factory in every way.

sweet

and sexima, altezza's are a big no no yours should look pretty tight tho since you painted that nasty chrome..
Old 02-05-2002, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
you are a f#cking idiot.. next time i have a group deal or anything.. remind me never to include little b!tches like you..
EXACTLY.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by buss95max

EXACTLY.
Why don't you drag your dumb ****ing @ss out of my thread and go stick your face in it.

If you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Licensed to Spell

:oI

EXACTLY.

Sheep.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:51 PM

Why don't you drag your dumb@ss out of my thread and go stick your face in it.

If you have nothing good to say, keep your mouth shut.
fuq u..i dont give a fuq what u say. ur a moron beyond all others. im agreeing with other board members, you cant stop me. and if you seriously think you can call shots around here, you're seriously mistaken.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:52 PM

Re: :oI

Sheep.
and you are?.....
Old 02-05-2002, 01:54 PM

fuq u..i dont give a fuq what u say. ur a moron beyond all others. im agreeing with other board members, you cant stop me. and if you seriously think you can call shots around here, you're seriously mistaken.

It's my thread, and your doing nothing but cluttering it up. Please refrain from spewing worthless crap. It doesn't do the server any good. Thx.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:55 PM

It's my thread, and your doing nothing but cluttering it up. Please refrain from spewing worthless crap. It doesn't do the server any good. Thx.
you dont own threads.
Old 02-05-2002, 02:18 PM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: :oI

and you are?.....
ptatohed.

sheep
Old 02-05-2002, 02:24 PM

man... stop fighting and race and get it over with...
everyone meet in DC tonight at 12am
Old 02-05-2002, 02:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

After looking at your pictures, I would change them. No offense to the maker of the tails or anything, but I don't think that in the long run you will be happy with them, esp. since you went to the trouble of posting this thread AND considering what you've already done to your car. After taking the time to install them, UNinstalling them is probably the last thing you want to do.....but I would do it anyway, esp. if you go to shows a lot.

I've got Greg's clear/red tails for my 99...they look pretty sweet combined with my stock inner lights, so that's how I'm judging your light combo. I think you can do better than what you have (again, no offense to the maker intended).
Old 02-05-2002, 02:34 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally posted by Sexima
man... stop fighting and race and get it over with...
everyone meet in DC tonight at 12am
Sounds good. But could I finish my supercharger first please? And - uh - can we make it S.D. instead?

Old 02-05-2002, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by ljl10

After looking at your pictures, I would change them. No offense to the maker of the tails or anything, but I don't think that in the long run you will be happy with them, esp. since you went to the trouble of posting this thread AND considering what you've already done to your car. After taking the time to install them, UNinstalling them is probably the last thing you want to do.....but I would do it anyway, esp. if you go to shows a lot.

I've got Greg's clear/red tails for my 99...they look pretty sweet combined with my stock inner lights, so that's how I'm judging your light combo. I think you can do better than what you have (again, no offense to the maker intended).
Since you got that Goo off, It won't be hard as last time.
Do what you want dude
Old 02-05-2002, 02:38 PM

:Re Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

Originally posted by Sexima

Since you got that Goo off, It won't be hard as last time.
Do what you want dude

Im gonna go look at them for a few minutes...
Old 02-05-2002, 02:48 PM

WTF, all you are doing is cloggin up this thread. you sit there and have the server error in your friggin' sig when the whole reason you get the error is because people ***** too d@mn much just like you are. moron.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Licensed to Spell

Conclusion:

Enough name calling, enough fighting and definitely enough cussing. Before this thread gets locked, let me say this:

Craig, it really should be this easy bro.:

If it bothers you, do something about it.
Period.

If it doesn't, live with it. But I'm guessing it does bother you or else you wouldn't have started this thread. And, in fact, I don't blame you. Who is anyone to tell you to keep unperfect work on your
car?! That really p.s me off. Who do they think they are? It's your car, not theirs! The way I look at it is, according to what David's customers have posted here and what I have heard/read before, is that no one else has these drips. They all have perfect lights. Exactly what he is known for, exactly what you paid for, exactly what you expected. So why are you supposed to live with an accidental set of taillights? I know I wouldn't live with that red bleeding into the clear. Unnacceptable. But, just as I said not to listen to the others, don't listen to me either! What I'd do is irrelevent. It's YOUR car. YOU decide. If it bothers you, contact David and get a new set. Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:32 PM
Administrator

don't compare 99 tail lights with 95/96 .. its totally different process and its harder to do..

anyone can heat up some lights.. cut replacement lens and put them back together..

refer to the first page to gregs attempt at duplicating david's work

Old 02-05-2002, 04:43 PM

don't compare 99 tail lights with 95/96 .. its totally different process and its harder to do..

anyone can heat up some lights.. cut replacement lens and put them back together..

I feel special now Sprint.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:47 PM

Re: Conclusion:

Enough name calling, enough fighting and definitely enough cussing. Before this thread gets locked, let me say this:

Craig, it really should be this easy bro.:

If it bothers you, do something about it.
Period.

If it doesn't, live with it. But I'm guessing it does bother you or else you wouldn't have started this thread. And, in fact, I don't blame you. Who is anyone to tell you to keep unperfect work on your
car?! That really p.s me off. Who do they think they are? It's your car, not theirs! The way I look at it is, according to what David's customers have posted here and what I have heard/read before, is that no one else has these drips. They all have perfect lights. Exactly what he is known for, exactly what you paid for, exactly what you expected. So why are you supposed to live with an accidental set of taillights? I know I wouldn't live with that red bleeding into the clear. Unnacceptable. But, just as I said not to listen to the others, don't listen to me either! What I'd do is irrelevent. It's YOUR car. YOU decide. If it bothers you, contact David and get a new set. Good luck with your decision.
Very well put.

I am %93.134 sure that I'm gonna stick wit 'em. They look very good from virtually every angle, and every person I have asked in person says they look great and don't notice any imperfection. It's just an enthusiast thang.

Anywhoo, here is another pic that represents my tails at their best.

Old 02-05-2002, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
WTF, all you are doing is cloggin up this thread. you sit there and have the server error in your friggin' sig when the whole reason you get the error is because people ***** too d@mn much just like you are. moron.
hey retard, what are you doing then? the reason im posting is becuz this fool is talkin smack about davidL's work. this is a public forum, i can post whatever whenever. I've had davidL's red/clear for almost 2 years now, and i get compliments on them all the time.

so basicly STFU.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:11 PM

now now children, let's play nice
someone lock this post now? i think it'll get worse
Old 02-05-2002, 05:12 PM

hey retard, what are you doing then? the reason im posting is becuz this fool is talkin smack about davidL's work. this is a public forum, i can post whatever whenever. I've had davidL's red/clear for almost 2 years now, and i get compliments on them all the time.

so basicly STFU.
Soon2bemaxed, just ignore him. He obviously has low intelligence. If you were somewhat smart bussman, you'd realize that I am not talking smack about David. I don't feel like bringing myself down to your stupidity anymore, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:21 PM

Soon2bemaxed, just ignore him. He obviously has low intelligence. If you were somewhat smart bussman, you'd realize that I am not talking smack about David. I don't feel like bringing myself down to your stupidity anymore, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.
so trying to insult my intelligence is a way to display your superiority? anyway please don't try talking about bringing yourself to my level, that is so 1990s. Frankly i don't care if you think im idiot, thats fine by me. You're no one and will continue to be no one tomorrow. Its funny that I seem to hurt you more than doug. When doug called you an idiot before I had the chance too.
Just because I don't post ***** doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:28 PM
Licensed to Spell

:oI

so trying to insult my intelligence is a way to display your superiority? anyway please don't try talking about bringing yourself to my level, that is so 1990s. Frankly i don't care if you think im idiot, thats fine by me. You're no one and will continue to be no one tomorrow. Its funny that I seem to hurt you more than doug. When doug called you an idiot before I had the chance too.
Just because I don't post ***** doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

What ARE you talking about?

Old 02-06-2002, 09:50 AM

Yeah, but when you go to a show or talk to people on the street they aren't going to care about what went into making it and I think that is what Craig is worried about. In the end, if Joe Public can stand behind Craig's car and say "Those lights don't match & there's a drip, what's up?" Craig is going to want to do something about that. Judging by Craig's statements, pictures and your pictures, I think that will happen.

I'm sure David L worked hard at making those things...but in the end if you can tell that the inner red and the outer red lens don't match then it dosen't look as good as it would with matching red lenses. Maybe it's possible to change the inner red lens as well?
Old 02-06-2002, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

the red's match.. its the white that doesn't match.. which is an issue with APC.. not David..

the issue with the red is their is a drip.. fine.. its a problem.. but like i said before.. he should have contacted david privately.. and not try to blow up his spot and seem like a little b!tch..

Craig said he was seeing if other were having the same problem.. that was not the tone he took.. the tone he took was.. "you guys said this guy was good.. what the f#ck is this ****.. he f#vked up my lights after i wated so damn long.. what the hell"

that was the attitude Craig brought.. and that is what i don't appreciate..

Yeah, but when you go to a show or talk to people on the street they aren't going to care about what went into making it and I think that is what Craig is worried about. In the end, if Joe Public can stand behind Craig's car and say "Those lights don't match & there's a drip, what's up?" Craig is going to want to do something about that. Judging by Craig's statements, pictures and your pictures, I think that will happen.

I'm sure David L worked hard at making those things...but in the end if you can tell that the inner red and the outer red lens don't match then it dosen't look as good as it would with matching red lenses. Maybe it's possible to change the inner red lens as well?
Old 02-06-2002, 10:36 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

the red's match.. its the white that doesn't match.. which is an issue with APC.. not David..

the issue with the red is their is a drip.. fine.. its a problem.. but like i said before.. he should have contacted david privately.. and not try to blow up his spot and seem like a little b!tch..

Craig said he was seeing if other were having the same problem.. that was not the tone he took.. the tone he took was.. "you guys said this guy was good.. what the f#ck is this ****.. he f#vked up my lights after i wated so damn long.. what the hell"

that was the attitude Craig brought.. and that is what i don't appreciate..

So Craig's white lenses don't match (APC) and he's got a red paint drip (David L). Come to think of it, I wonder why Craig installed them in the first place after receiving them? I would figure you could just hold them up next to the stock inner lights and compare them side by side? Oh well....
Old 02-06-2002, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: :o)

So Craig's white lenses don't match (APC) and he's got a red paint drip (David L). Come to think of it, I wonder why Craig installed them in the first place after receiving them? I would figure you could just hold them up next to the stock inner lights and compare them side by side? Oh well....
now we are on the same page.. if craig had a problem with them.. he should not have installed them.. he should have made arrangements to have them returned and redone..

and he is going to say.. oh .. i didn't see it until i installed them.. but thats BS because the first thing i did when i got David L lights was look them over while they were in my hand..
Old 02-06-2002, 11:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I may not post here all the time like some people but I do lurk for the better part of the day - haha...

anyway... is it just me or are there like a few people on the board that just seem to do NOTHING but complain?

don't take too much offense to this craig - but when i see a post by you or think of you - i think of a whining b!tch. i don't know how to say that politely so there - i said it. you fall into the same category as people like ericdwong and a few others. it seems like no post by you is constructive... just whining about stuff that went wrong or how sh!tty something is.

imho you totally went about this the wrong way. davidl is a very respected member of this board and respected by people who have been using this board since andi had it. for a (relatively) new person to come on and blast someone like him publicly as you did, and show pictures of mistakes in your tails... is dumb. you should have privately contacted davidl and resolved the problem. if he told you to "go f yourself" then maybe you'd have reason to post about this. as it is you come off looking like a newbie that wants attention. and that sucks.

like i said... my post count may not be up there like some people (ahem - sprint) but i'm here everyday and i've been here since andi's board, and it just ****es me off when people come on and post negative stuff 80% of the time, almost always looking for attention.

again, just one person's opinion.

-chris
Old 02-06-2002, 02:09 PM

don't take too much offense to this craig - but when i see a post by you or think of you - i think of a whining b!tch.
This thread is too freakin hilarious. After five plus pages it boils down to Craig being a "whining b!tch", but "don't take too much offense." ROTFLMFHO

Craig was originally looking for validation - should I have expected and received something less than perfect from davidL? Read his first post. He was looking for input to help him decide if he should make a big deal out of it with davidL.

If he'd have gotten the answers, "mine are perfect, no issue at all" maybe Craig would go back to davidL. If the answers were, "what you describe is normal, mine are kinda the same way", he may have decided not to go back to davidL. Instead the attacks began in which many of you elevated davidL to God-like status because he's a respected member and he's a "cool guy" (my personal favorite). The service manager at my local Nissan dealer is a cool guy too, but when I think he's bleeping me, I don't gladly turn around and bend over. I call him on it. And then maybe I post a message in the "Dealerships and Shop Experiences" board blasting him for trying to screw me.

m
Old 02-06-2002, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by meezer

Craig was originally looking for validation - should I have expected and received something less than perfect from davidL? Read his first post. He was looking for input to help him decide if he should make a big deal out of it with davidL.

Exactly.

Sorry to people like sprintmax who's minds just cannot conceive this thought..