4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

OEM honda double din install

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

OEM honda double din install

Im just wondering if its possible to install a 2018 crv double din stereo into my 97 se. I know it doesnt fit perfectly but that i can troubleshoot. Im very curious however if it can be properly installed in order to use the touchscreen and hopefully bluetooth functions. My original nissan one is getting more and more broken.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:41 PM

How big is the Honda radio compared to the Nissan radio? I know that the Toyota radio is just too big to even fit in.

If the width of the Honda radio (the body part, not the face plate) is the same or smaller, I suppose you could make it work. I doubt if anyone makes a bezel to fit a Honda radio in a Nissan, so you will have make your own or live with a gap around the radio.

Find out what kind of electrical signals the Honda radio uses for inputs. I know that the Toyota radios use some input from Toyota specific parts of the car which would prevent the radio from working in a Nissan even if it would fit.

Considering all the work you will need to do, assuming it is possible, I would buy an aftermarket radio like JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer or whatever and put that in. All the various adaptors are readily available for a great looking conversion.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:50 AM

Does your Maxima have the Bose system or not?

Isn't there a newer Nissan/Infiniti radio that has the features you're looking for?
Old 03-21-2018, 02:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by maximaxi
Does your Maxima have the Bose system or not?

Isn't there a newer Nissan/Infiniti radio that has the features you're looking for?
yes it is bose and the only reason im considering is because i already have a spare audio unit from the honda.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
How big is the Honda radio compared to the Nissan radio? I know that the Toyota radio is just too big to even fit in.

If the width of the Honda radio (the body part, not the face plate) is the same or smaller, I suppose you could make it work. I doubt if anyone makes a bezel to fit a Honda radio in a Nissan, so you will have make your own or live with a gap around the radio.

Find out what kind of electrical signals the Honda radio uses for inputs. I know that the Toyota radios use some input from Toyota specific parts of the car which would prevent the radio from working in a Nissan even if it would fit.

Considering all the work you will need to do, assuming it is possible, I would buy an aftermarket radio like JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer or whatever and put that in. All the various adaptors are readily available for a great looking conversion.
im not very worried about the fit. I love playing around with that sort of thing. I just dont want to buy wiring harnesses only to find out that the honda system only works with hondas.