4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

SRS tunning is interested in cutomizing exhaust products.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 04:57 PM

SRS tunning is interested in cutomizing exhaust products.

Hi, to everyone on the org. I have been talking to all the aftermarket exhaust companies that are interested in helping us out in creating headers and y-pipe exhaust for us. The exhausts sizes are 2.5 in to 3in exhausts. I have found Srs tunnings that are able to help and make this wish come true. I talked to John the Srs tunning engineer he said he is willing to do this, if he can get a donor or test car in Sacramento ca. I know you guys are interested and want cattman and any other exhaust performance company to produce us more and new good quality exhaust because we all are on Craigslist or on the sales/wanted section on the forums. This is our chance for those who missed out on the cattmans and obx or any other companies that are out to produce new exhaust products due to financial or any other reasons. So what it comes down to is our votes to get the srs tunning to get the exhaust produced.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:11 PM

I would want something that is 304 stainless. That's the most important thing for me. Otherwise, I just like stock diameter, maybe a better sound or something.

Trubendz aka MES (Mandrel Exhaust Systems) makes the 304 piping only, with a Magnaflow resonator added on if you wish. The price is reasonable from mandrelexahustsystems.com

What I would want is a stock diameter 304 mandrel system with a resonator and muffler, can be Borla, Magnaflow, Dynomax, I don't care.

It's kinda disappointing that Magnaflow doesn't offer a system for these cars. given some of the cars they do offer them for being less popular among people seeking out something like that for an exhaust. If Magnaflow made a catback for these cars, that's what I'd be using.

At least Magnaflow makes a good y-pipe front pipe, mandrel-bent front pipe with the pre-cats

Would a 2.5-inch exhaust be good on a stock engine? I think the stock diameter is 2.25
Old 04-24-2018, 06:18 PM

The deal here is it's gonna be a 2.5in T-304 stainless steel. The headers and exhaust are gonna start with shorty and maybe the longtube headers with 2.5in exhaust. The price from what i was told it's gonna be less than $300. It would reasonable and affordable with nice mendreal bending and welding. The website has nice listing of products you can check. We just need more inputs and votes people chime in.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:25 AM

Stainless, mandrel bent something that actually fits right and makes good power would be nice. I've got hotshot headers on mine that look like they don't have a lot of time left in them, anyone else in the same boat would probably be interested in a quality exhaust that actually fits. I'm sure sound could even sell people that are still happy with their current setups
Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 AM

Manzo the alternative to megan exhaust they made my headers i ordered from them. This recent batch of headers for some reason had bent flanges and with bent angled y-pipe. The rear headers were crooked when they were assembled on the y-pipe the front were straight and the rears where 15-20 degree angle off. The headers would not work or fit on the engine had to get my refund.
The srs tunnings is willing to make the shortys and lung tubes for us.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:25 AM

I have talked to John at srs tunning and he said he is able to make the shorty headers and long tube headers that people were begging for. The obx had long tubes but with some fitment issues around the engine mount areas. The fact here is they are able to produce long tubes and short-tubes with hopefully no fitment issues. This here is what us all were waiting for with Cattman. Here we are able to get this all right now if we chime in here.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
I have talked to John at srs tunning and he said he is able to make the shorty headers and long tube headers that people were begging for. The obx had long tubes but with some fitment issues around the engine mount areas. The fact here is they are able to produce long tubes and short-tubes with hopefully no fitment issues. This here is what us all were waiting for with Cattman. Here we are able to get this all right now if we chime in here.
The manzo set is what I put on my old 3.0 car and I was able to put the headers on but had to fabricate both parts of the y pipe to meet them along with the egr return on the headers, I should sue the muffler shop I took it to the whole thing was a nightmare took months and a lot of money to get right don't even get me started but everybody that originally worked on it didn't work there by the time it was finished and the shop had switched owners.

The thing is with the manzos is I believe they are actually for the vq25de over in China. Regardless there isn't a set of headers/y pipe made to actually fit these cars anymore we've just been stuck with cheap junk
Old 04-26-2018, 11:42 PM
Father of the 00 VI

wow nice i'll buy a set later for my 01 . I have an Srs exhaust for my 01
Old 04-27-2018, 07:58 AM

[QUOTE=Violator;9174412]The manzo set is what I put on my old 3.0 car and I was able to put the headers on but had to fabricate both parts of the y pipe to meet them along with the egr return on the headers, I should sue the muffler shop I took it to the whole thing was a nightmare took months and a lot of money to get right don't even get me started but everybody that originally worked on it didn't work there by the time it was finished and the shop had switched owners.

I have posted here somewhere in the top 3-4 post up that the manzo's i have gotten were bad maybe worse than yours because the fronts came out nice and the rear came out ****ty egr and rear headers were bent out of spec and bent at an 5-15 degrees angle off. The welds were done very sloppy as if they were just butchered and not with pride or care. The headers and y-pipe were not gonna bolt up on flush. This is why i have started this exhaust thread because lot's of people still want headers exhaust for the cars, but lost faith and gave up. This thread is here for a reason we can and should get the new headers from srs tunning he is willing to help Happily.

Last edited by vqmaxman; 04-28-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:40 AM

I talked to the head of the Srs tunnings and he is willing to get the exhaust production started. The long tube and the short tubes what he has mentioned. People start voting on the production.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:41 AM

Vote count
#1 Vqmaxman
Old 05-03-2018, 03:09 AM
Father of the 00 VI

I would be interested,tell him the 00-01 maxima's are the same they just need O2 sensor bungs put in .
Old 05-03-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by krismax
I would be interested,tell him the 00-01 maxima's are the same they just need O2 sensor bungs put in .
Hi , there pal. I have talked to him already and i have told him that the demand is there for the 95-99 maximas including the 00-01 maximas. The guys are gonna have to create the exhaust for the two emissions classes. The federal/California emissions. I was told they are planning to do it and are planning to try making it go through. I am waiting for Friday. Kris if you can and you have more guys that want or know about the Srs exhaust and we needing more votes to show volume.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
Hi , there pal. I have talked to him already and i have told him that the demand is there for the 95-99 maximas including the 00-01 maximas. The guys are gonna have to create the exhaust for the two emissions classes. The federal/California emissions. I was told they are planning to do it and are planning to try making it go through. I am waiting for Friday. Kris if you can and you have more guys that want or know about the Srs exhaust and we needing more votes to show volume.
I believe the vq30headers/y pipes also fit the vq35 so this wouldn't just be applicable to the vq30

If it helps the cause I'm sure we'd all be happy with just quality fed spec that fits, the biggest gains are made by doing the full fed spec swap anyways and the only difference is the extra o2 bungs for the cat converter any muffler shop could easily add in. A quality fed spec that people can easily make work is better than none at all just my 2 cents

Last edited by Violator; 05-03-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Father of the 00 VI

sad thing i have bought cattman products . and his design is good but quality is cheap and terrible.

I have a SRS exhaust i just put on my 01 today and the sound is ...AMAZING. IT IS 100% STAINLESS STEEL MANDREL BENDS.

The catback lined up perfect, length perfect also.
I will show some pics later.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:51 PM

I have just spoken to john and he clearly stated that he will and he is planning in starting the process as soon as possible. The Srs all agree on starting the production as soon as next week sometime. He is waiting on a test sample or test car to start the whole process. The other good news is he said he is willing to start on the long tube headers first. This should look good and preform for all in a price that's gonna be under $300. I remember Cattmans when they came they were going for $800 headers+y-pipe. This is one of a good time deal and offer. So everyone just chime in.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:11 AM

I am waiting for shipping label so he can start off the production with the sample that i have.