4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Nitrous Express who is using it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 02:36 PM
Banned

Nitrous Express who is using it?

I would like to know who is using NX, which kit you are using and your experience.
I currently have a 5124 NOS kit and am not asking for any advice on choosing a manufacturer or who sells the best kit, just who is using NX and their experience.
Thanks

PS I did do a search and looked through numerous threads which had comments about NX but did not find anyone who actually said they installed it and their experience.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:24 PM

Re: Nitrous Express who is using it?

I haven't installed a NX kit on a Maxima, but I've installed it on an Integra. My girlfriend and I are sponsored by NX and NOS (Holley) respectively, so we have both kits. The NX on her Integra, and the NOS 5123 on my Maxima. Honestly, in my opinion, the NX kit is of a higher quality. There seems to be more attention to detail, more brackets/screws are included, more comprehensive wiring, etc. Just little things, but it makes a difference. The NOS kit seems to be just bare bones, "let's get it out there as cheaply as possible". But there is a price difference between the NX and NOS kits. Retail on the NX is $775, and the NOS is like $550, so that accounts for most of the details. Both kits have good solenoids, and everything is of a high quality, so functionally, they're the same. It's basically up to you whether you want a wet kit or dry.

Originally posted by Jime
I would like to know who is using NX, which kit you are using and your experience.
I currently have a 5124 NOS kit and am not asking for any advice on choosing a manufacturer or who sells the best kit, just who is using NX and their experience.
Thanks

PS I did do a search and looked through numerous threads which had comments about NX but did not find anyone who actually said they installed it and their experience.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Nitrous Express who is using it?

Originally posted by Shadow
I haven't installed a NX kit on a Maxima, but I've installed it on an Integra. My girlfriend and I are sponsored by NX and NOS (Holley) respectively, so we have both kits. The NX on her Integra, and the NOS 5123 on my Maxima. Honestly, in my opinion, the NX kit is of a higher quality. There seems to be more attention to detail, more brackets/screws are included, more comprehensive wiring, etc. Just little things, but it makes a difference. The NOS kit seems to be just bare bones, "let's get it out there as cheaply as possible". But there is a price difference between the NX and NOS kits. Retail on the NX is $775, and the NOS is like $550, so that accounts for most of the details. Both kits have good solenoids, and everything is of a high quality, so functionally, they're the same. It's basically up to you whether you want a wet kit or dry.

Thanks Shadow, I have read lots of comments about NX but I guess no one is running it on a Max.